LegacyGT.com

See how slow you really are!!! 1/4 mile Street Legal Track Day!!!

Infamous1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I really didn't want to beat on the car with any crazy hard lauches as it was just too hot. I actually dialed boost back 1psi and dropped a good amount of timing just to be safe. I think meth injection may be in my future...

13.7?

what are you mods?

now i'm afraid I'll be diasappointed if I ever hit the 1/4 w/ my stg 2 :(

The heat is the problem, turbo cars don't run well in the heat. My mods list is longer most, especialy on the stock turbo, pretty much name anything that bolts on I have it. Also trap speed is good for low 13's, for reference my budies EVO IX ran a 13.1 at 103.5 mph.

so does that mean ur not launching hard enough compared to the evo?

did you ever post a list of mods that you have?

given that the STI is faster than the EVO, and a stage 2+ legacy should be close or even beat an STI, I'm wondering if you should be faster than an EVO?

not challengin ya, just curious :)

Mods:

Xo2 Racing FMIC

Xo2 Racing CBE

Megan racing Downpipe

Gutted OEM Uppipe

Ported & Polished manifolds

Grimspeed V2 Crossover pipe ported & coated

LGT TGV Deletes

APS hard pipe turbo inlet

K & N Typhoon intake

Prodive 3 port EBCS

Greddy Type S BOV

Cobb dual adjustable STS

NGK LFR7AIX sparkplugs (1 step colder)

ACT 06-07 WRX Streetlite Flywheel 13.9 lbs

ACT 06-07 WRX Heavyduty Clutch Kit SB5-HDMM

This was also on a 100oct tune, 19.5 peak psi. It was the heat trust me, that is the reason I wasn't going all out. Last year with a hard launch in the same temp range I ran a 13.6 at 100 mph however I had just Intake, gutted UP & DP and a CBE. Oh and tuned EVO's are much faster than STI's both on stock turbo's. My buddies has TBE and cams tuned to about 25psi peak tapering down to around 20psi on pump.

When is the next track day??? I wanted to go to this one but I need to get the lgt tuned. Just installed the front mount. 13.7 is really respectable due to the fact that 95 degrees in fontana is not the same as 95 degrees in lets say Huntington Beach.

There are actually two days next month, one on July 12th and the other on the 19th. This last event was great for getting in passes as there was only about 250 cars. Couple guys I was up there with arrived as late as 1pm and got to race.

Oh and I am definately not worried about my time, Fontana is a notoriously slow track. That is the reason the thread is titled as it is, I have over 75 runs down this track. People think their cars are fast until they go to the track and can't even break into the 13's.

A buddy of mine has been tracking at fontanna with his evo 9 mr and he tells me that fontana has track days set aside for pros. its pretty much the same thing. only difference is that there are full race cars out there and you pay $50 not $20. the good thing is that there are usually less than 100 cars out there. last time he went half day and did over 6 runs. i've been racing there since they first opened so i know the crowds during the middle of the summer are going to be horrible. i don't mind paying a lil more. might be a good idea.

This last session I got in about 10 runs and 3 hours.....Got there at just 9am through tech in only about 10mins ran one pump run then left for some 100 octane. I then retuned for the 100 octane and came back around 12:30 and left at 3.

No, there would be no traction...:lol:

Even in these temps if I really beat on the car (1.7 60 foot) and the suspension cooperated between shifts I am sure I could ring out a 12.9.

My road dyno puts me at about 290whp/345wtq on 100oct. It is all just fun for me anyways, times don't matter for my DD.

power mods as of now, I have a invidia, up, megan racing catted DP, megan racing exhaust, K&N intake, and tune.

what would you recommend in the next step for power?

i'm trying to stay away from meth, dunno why, but it seems like I just don't want it?

oh and btw, should I still be getting a stink from the exhaust every now and then? or do I have a leak?

I think with my mods, i'm getting around 290/310..

so i'm guessing all ur other mods are just torque?

I doubt your seeing anywhere near 290 you don't have enough cooling for our crappy 91 octane. Post an rpm log and I can tell you for sure. The reason I can manage such high torque is the high boost down low but it tapers off up top so low WHP. On regular pump I am around mid 280'swhp and about 315wtq. With your mods I would say your in the 250whp/285wtq range. When I had a similar setup as yours I dyno'd 247whp/278wtq on a dynojet.

power mods as of now, I have a invidia, up, megan racing catted DP, megan racing exhaust, K&N intake, and tune.

what would you recommend in the next step for power?

i'm trying to stay away from meth, dunno why, but it seems like I just don't want it?

oh and btw, should I still be getting a stink from the exhaust every now and then? or do I have a leak?

This summer heat actually has me thinking meth would be a good idea. As far as mods, I would stop there if you have no plans to swap out the turbo. Everything else has a bit of a trade off and is not worth it. If you had a leak you'd know it. A little exhaust smell is common, you went from two very large cats to one high flow.

I doubt your seeing anywhere near 290 you don't have enough cooling for our crappy 91 octane. Post an rpm log and I can tell you for sure. The reason I can manage such high torque is the high boost down low but it tapers off up top so low WHP. On regular pump I am around mid 280'swhp and about 315wtq. With your mods I would say your in the 250whp/285wtq range. When I had a similar setup as yours I dyno'd 247whp/278wtq on a dynojet.

what dyno does Yimisport have?

I still need to get a pic of the dyno for my car :spin:

if heat is an issue, and you have a FMIC, ever think of the nitros express Ntercooler? or a better radiator, or oil cooler, or.. whatever other coolers there are?

does meth run cooler than 91 octane?

I'm not sure if this is common, but when I drive around the city, I can't drive with the windows down of even the moon/sun roof open cuz the exhaust gas comes straight into the cabin. Define "a little exhaust smell?"

Don't I still have the same number considering I have a catted dp?

Archived