LegacyGT.com

See how slow you really are!!! 1/4 mile Street Legal Track Day!!!

Infamous1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We actually thought I could get the 5EAT scooting better. My bad 60ft times didn't help. In all reality a good legacy can keep up with the Z06 no problem. Plenty of 12 second cars there. Even a MazdaSpeed 3 that pulled low/mid 13's all day long.

In all reality a good legacy can keep up with the Z06 no problem.

Not at highway speeds unless its turbo ends with some kind of "R" ;) Then of course once the mods go on the Z06 its all over...

I'll tell you my Z06 is hands down much faster than my 386whp LGT was, although I can't get it out of the hole for nothing.:redface:

Nope the little 4 banger is no match for the all out brutish force of the 5.7 liter.

There is no replacement for displacement.

But, I am sure most Vette owners would be pissed to see a Legacy scoot out in front off the line and stay there (or side by side) for a while.

If cruising at freeway speeds and you think you are going to play with a Vette (in a Legacy without a "r" turbo), I got a bridge in Manhattan to sell you, lol.

• 2 months later...

Somewhere on this forum I stated that I would post up if I ever blew my tranny. So here I am. I previously bragged that I hade made 30 + torque brake launches at the dragstrip on stage 2 setup with best time 13.2 at 104 MPH, and no tranny issues. Finally at 67K miles the rearend busted. I then drove the care too long on the busted rearend (because I blamed the symptoms on a wheel bearing) and ruined the tranny.

The repair was 3K for installation of junkyard parts (from a car with 30K miles).

So there you go, it finally happened. Be carefull all you 5EAT guys who are torque brake launching. IT WILL EVENTUALLY BREAK. Mine actually held up well considereing all the launching I have done on and off the track and the low end hard accellerations at on ramps and off ramps and in traffic. My drag racing days are finished with this car. I was not willing to put out the 7 grand for a built racing transmission.

April 4th? Well, I am racing that day, but not in a straight line. I like to turn, brake and silly stuff like that!! :p I am getting dirty at a Rally X event in my 2.5RS.

I promise though that as soon as I get my new clutch in, I will load the E85 map and hit the 1320.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

C_randyjones, what were the symptoms of it after the rear diff was blown?

I really am not sure which broke first, but I think it was the rear diff.

Symptoms: popping and jerking, seemingly coming from the rear, only at low speed turns under load. I could coast through a turn without problem, but threading the throttle resulted in popping sound. No popping under moderate accelleration in a straight line, but hard acceleration resulted in popping.

Archived