LegacyGT.com

See how slow you really are!!! 1/4 mile Street Legal Track Day!!!

Infamous1

It was fun, although probably the only cars to be close to expectations were Infamous1's and the Yimi STi. I figured that the STi was good for 12.7-12.9 and after we sort of figured out how to get it off the line without bogging horribly I rammed it through the gears to a 12.9 at 106mph with a very mediocre 1.87 60ft. time. This is going to be a very odd "complaint" but the track was very sticky today. So much so that unless we were willing to drop the clutch at redline (which we weren't) the tires would not even have a hint of spin, which made the car bog every time. That yielded crappy ass 2.1-2.2 60ft times. Finally slipped the clutch off of a 5500 rpm launch and it worked ok... but pretty stinky :lol:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13.003 damnit, don't take away my .003 ;)

and that was a 2.47 60'. Yeah, i suck. Definately chalk up that this was a good learning experience and i'll be back. Thanks for posting this up, invite us to the next one brotha.

Mike

13 Seconds....Did you powerbrake at all?

LACR closed several months ago, so Fontana is now the ONLY 1/4 mile track in the greater LA area. Famoso in Bakersfield is a much faster track, but it's a pretty decent ways from most of LA, although it is about the same distance for me as Fontana. There are rumors of a new drag strip rising from the ashes of the drag strip formerly known as Lions Drag Strip (in Long Beach). If that happens, it'll be sweet. Closer by to population centers, and in a sea level location with a temperate climate.

He did on his last run. Oddly enough while he said the car left the line hardest that way it pulled the slowest 60 ft time of the day for him. Mike's car was a bit of an enigma...

I think...launch technique either scares me or is beyond me... but i'll definately be bringing the car up to the shop to check out a few things (fmic pressure test, etc).

:(. Then again, 13 with a 2.45 shows that if the car is driven properly, it is capable of pretty good times I hope.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

My best time was 14.179 @ 97.96 MPH.

Man I am slow!!! :lol:

On my first run (14.202 @ 96.36), I went against a previous gen vette and lost to him by about 4 car lenghts. Bad reaction time, ok launch, strange that my 60' was my fastest of the day @ 2.090

My second run (14.304 @ 97.88) was against at Mach 1 mustang and I ate him alive. I had a really good launch and he was never able to reel me in. It was strange to have such a good launch, but still have my worst time of the day. Oh yeah, slowest 60' time of the day @ 2.209. Maybe because I launched at 5000 or so RPM's and I was slipping my clutch in 1st??

On my third and fastest run (14.179 @ 97.96) was going against a 00' Camero Z28. I had another good launch and reaction time. I jumped to an early lead and had him for about the first 1/8 mile, then his big HP motor started to reel me in and he passed me. My 60' was my ok (for me) @ 2.103

I don't think my car had a 13.999 in it. If I got all my ducks in a row and had a PERFECT run, I think it could have done a 14.0XX @ 98-99 mph.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

It was fun, although probably the only cars to be close to expectations were Infamous1's and the Yimi STi. I figured that the STi was good for 12.7-12.9 and after we sort of figured out how to get it off the line without bogging horribly I rammed it through the gears to a 12.9 at 106mph with a very mediocre 1.87 60ft. time. This is going to be a very odd "complaint" but the track was very sticky today. So much so that unless we were willing to drop the clutch at redline (which we weren't) the tires would not even have a hint of spin, which made the car bog every time. That yielded crappy ass 2.1-2.2 60ft times. Finally slipped the clutch off of a 5500 rpm launch and it worked ok... but pretty stinky :lol:

No wet box? That would help a ton. :confused:

No wet box? That would help a ton. :confused:

They did, I still for life of me could not get my tires to break loose. But I admit I didn't launch the car has hard as I should of, I am not use to a clutch that could take it. Also I will say, it is a bit scary.

I always roll around the water since I usually don't have a problem getting just a touch of wheel spin. It really never occurred to me to get the tires wet to help them slip a bit. Our 08 STi also has some pretty wide and sticky tires (265/35/18 Yokohama Advan Neovas on 9.5" wide 5-Zigen FNC-01 wheels) so spinning tires is probably a pretty dubious proposition anyways.

Next time the car hits the strip it'll have a bigger turbo and other goodies, so I'll have to relearn how to launch it again anyways ;)

is the brown trout a manual?

would an outback have slower times than a similarly equipped GT? (aero issues, tire/wheel issues, etc?)

Yes it is a manual. They have slightly shorter gearing to make up for the larger tires. Buut overall the times would be similar. Dave mentioned his clutch seemed to be on its way out and I think he would benefit from a freshened up tune since his trap speed was a bit down.

• 1 month later...
Track day coming April 26th, Itsme (Bryan) and I are there for sure....

I don't know. My back might be hurt again.:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived