LegacyGT.com

See how slow you really are!!! 1/4 mile Street Legal Track Day!!!

Infamous1

would somebody laugh if i only got a stock AT lgt:confused: all my modify is the HID. not much$$$ for the tuning:nono:

Why would they laugh, there are Hondas out there as well :lol:

Oh and I tune as well, PM if interested! ;)

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
would somebody laugh if i only got a stock AT lgt:confused: all my modify is the HID. not much$$$ for the tuning:nono:

Hell, I only have a station wagon. You should atleast beat some Hemis and all of those slow hondas.:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

so breakdown the schedule. and how many runs did each of you guys get last meet?

The schedule is to try to arrive BEFORE 7am to insure a spot. Last track day I got in about 8-9 runs. The fist few hurs it is extremely crowded and you won't get a number of runs until later on in the afternoon.

what time do you guys plan on meeting?

I just pulled a launch at a place where I shouldn't have....

I need to let loose!!

Well it isn't needed to meet up before hand as tech will be a good 2-3 hour wait. Just get to the track and in line early. And come on out it is fun.....:spin::p

I'd bring the 08 STi out again, but we just got the first ATP3582R in today so we need to get that dropped in and tunedm before we head back out to the track. Who knows, if we can get some of the other work out of the shop maybe we'll get the STi in to the 11's on Sat.

I'd bring the 08 STi out again, but we just got the first ATP3582R in today so we need to get that dropped in and tunedm before we head back out to the track. Who knows, if we can get some of the other work out of the shop maybe we'll get the STi in to the 11's on Sat.

That indeed would be sick, if time allows DOOOO EEEETTTT!!!

The schedule is to try to arrive BEFORE 7am to insure a spot. Last track day I got in about 8-9 runs. The fist few hurs it is extremely crowded and you won't get a number of runs until later on in the afternoon.

I will be there way before that. I'll be knocking on your door at 6am!!! My back is fine.:lol: But they say it well be 92 on saturday.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I will be there way before that. I'll be knocking on your door at 6am!!! My back is fine.:lol: But they say it well be 92 on saturday.

Yeah I have beenchecking the weather all week and each day the temp for Sat was getting higher and higher:lol: Pretty strange since it has been cool out here pretty much all week :confused:. Oh and 6am is just fine ;)

Man I'm on the fence on what to do about my wheels. Do I go with my 19"s that are lighter but about from what I read 1/4" to 1/2" larger then stock diameter. Or the stocks that can be up to 5lbs heavier per wheel. I'm thinking the larger wheel won't effect the gear ratio very much. Shamar what gear and what rpm were you going through the traps. Plus, the 19s look hot!!!!!! :)

On the stockers you will be trapping in 4th for sure. The only down side to going with the 19's is the shock on the trans from any bad launch. Just go with the 19's look hot and get smoked! :lol:

So what gear where you going through the traps in and what rpms? Did you make it through the 1/4mi in 4th or 5th? I'm not worried about tranny shock at launch because I'm going to feather the clutch and launch at around 3000 to 3500 rpm. It's hard to choose between lighter weight or slightly smaller diameter. It not like I have some shiny lightweight gold BBS 17" wheels to impress the crowd.:lol:

Now, shut up and go pick up my turbo and tell me how pretty it looks. :)

So what gear where you going through the traps in and what rpms? Did you make it through the 1/4mi in 4th or 5th? I'm not worried about tranny shock at launch because I'm going to feather the clutch and launch at around 3000 to 3500 rpm. It's hard to choose between lighter weight or slightly smaller diameter. It not like I have some shiny lightweight gold BBS 17" wheels to impress the crowd.:lol:

Now, shut up and go pick up my turbo and tell me how pretty it looks. :)

I will tell you how pretty your turbo looks alright! :lol:

If you go through the traps in 5th you are posting atleast a 11 sec run, so no it will be 4th gear.;) I never looked down at the rpms, so whatever 103ish is in 4th gear on the stock wheels. Smaller tire radius is always better for acceleration as you know. However I think you need to weigh your 19's vs the stockers, mine were only lighter by about 2lbs a side and this is combine with Michelin PS2 which is suppose to be one of the lighter tires. Your 19" wheel and tire combo may actually be heavier than the stockers. For me I always went back to the stockers, I would only run the 19's if you want to get a feel for what your street setup will do. Even then you will be running a bit of 100oct and chances are you don't on the street.

Oh and as far as the BBS I LOOOOVVVEEEE GOOOOLLLLDDDDD!!! I stopped by to visit my mom yesterday and it is official now, she even approved of them! :p:lol:

I am goiing going to run 100 octane to counter all that heat we are going to have in Fontana.

Haha WAY too hot today! When we left at 5pm it was still 96 degrees. Needless to say times were horrible. All my runs were in the high 13's. However got to a new evo X run a 14.8 and a GT35r'd STi run a best of 12.9....:redface:

Archived