LegacyGT.com

See how slow you really are!!! 1/4 mile Street Legal Track Day!!!

Infamous1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, since I have never done this before, I need some advice.

I am currently running on my "winter" tires on stock rims. They are 225/55/17 Dunlop windersport 3D's. They have a very soft sidewall and they don't hadle very well.

Why you ask??? because they were free and I don't want to wear out my RE-01R's just putting around town. I need to save them for track days and auto-x.

So should I slap on my RE-01's (245/45/18) and run them??? They will have more traction, but is that really what I want for an AWD car for a drage race?? I think the Dunlops will provide plenty of traction at launch and to go in a straight line no??

Also, what front PSI do you run?? What rear PSI??

Thanks.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Ok, since I have never done this before, I need some advice.

I am currently running on my "winter" tires on stock rims. They are 225/55/17 Dunlop windersport 3D's. They have a very soft sidewall and they don't hadle very well.

Why you ask??? because they were free and I don't want to wear out my RE-01R's just putting around town. I need to save them for track days and auto-x.

So should I slap on my RE-01's (245/45/18) and run them??? They will have more traction, but is that really what I want for an AWD car for a drage race?? I think the Dunlops will provide plenty of traction at launch and to go in a straight line no??

Also, what front PSI do you run?? What rear PSI??

Thanks.

It really all depends on how sticky the winter tires are (funny). Soft sidewall is a plus for straight line drag racing. The sidewall is quite tall however. What is the weight on the 18’s? I will be running my stock wheels and tires at 30psi front and rear.

damn yoU!

btw, any place to get 100 octane near youz?

Mike

They sale it at the track, kind of pricy at about $8-$9 a gallon. There also is a race gas shop a few miles down the road that sale it for about $32 per 5 gallon jug.

It really all depends on how sticky the winter tires are (funny). Soft sidewall is a plus for straight line drag racing. The sidewall is quite tall however. What is the weight on the 18’s? I will be running my stock wheels and tires at 30psi front and rear.

I would say the winterforce 3D's grip about as well as the stock Re-92's in the dry. My 18's are lighter than my stock wheel. I think they weigh about 18-19 pounds each, but then the bigger tire offsets that weight. Overall the 18" summer package might weigh a bit less than my winter package, but not by much, maybe 1-2 pounds at each corner?

I would say the winterforce 3D's grip about as well as the stock Re-92's in the dry. My 18's are lighter than my stock wheel. I think they weigh about 18-19 pounds each, but then the bigger tire offsets that weight. Overall the 18" summer package might weigh a bit less than my winter package, but not by much, maybe 1-2 pounds at each corner?

What about the overall tire height?

Man, I don't think I'm going to make it. I tried some launches and it really made my back hurt more. I won't be able to put my stocks back on because of my back. Plus that a long drive when your in pain and I will have to be back in Carson by 11:30 to go to a party at Chuck E. Chesse. :(. I will get my WBO2 install so I will be ready for next time.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Man, I don't think I'm going to make it. I tried some launches and it really made my back hurt more. I won't be able to put my stocks back on because of my back. Plus that a long drive when your in pain and I will have to be back in Carson by 11:30 to go to a party at Chuck E. Chesse. :(. I will get my WBO2 install so I will be ready for next time.

Excuses...excuses

When it is time for folks to see their money at work, they get scared :lol::p

Good launches don't hurt your lower back, they just snap your neck :)

It's Ok Brian, I have LOADS of good vicodin for you if you make it!!:lol::lol::eek:

What about the overall tire height?

The summer and winter tires are the same height. 26.7"

I would love to have some smaller tires for better tq and quicker gearing, but no such luck.

I think I am going to run on my winters. Mostly because I am lazy and don't want to swich out my tires.

i'm gonna need to borrow the helmet Shamar, thanks!

Yim's helmet is getting painted and ish. He's borrowing one, i migiht try to carry leungs through inspection, but my fat head isn't fitting in there

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

I'm back from chuck e. cheese and I can't get in touch with Shamar. So what happened?? DId he get in the 11's? the 12's? 13's? 14's? What ?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I'm back from chuck e. cheese and I can't get in touch with Shamar. So what happened?? DId he get in the 11's? the 12's? 13's? 14's? What ?

Every time you called me I was in the lanes :redface:

The ACT clutch/Flywheel setup owned me, I couldn't launch the car for $hit. I bogged EVERY launch best time for me was a measily 13.6 at 103.5mph with a $hitty 2.1 60ft. Could thing is even with a bouched launch I picked up over 3 mph. The car easily had 13-1-3's in it but the driver didn't :redface:.

BJ managed to get the Yimi Sport 08' STi in to the high 12's. MikeYAN's best time of the day was a 13.0 at 107 with the world's worst launch (2.4 60ft) :p Urfsin's best I think was 14.2 and another local Carlos managed a 13.4 at 100-101 with a Cobb stg 2 map.

Im tired now.....off to rest.

Thanks for coming out guys!

13.003 damnit, don't take away my .003 ;)

and that was a 2.47 60'. Yeah, i suck. Definately chalk up that this was a good learning experience and i'll be back. Thanks for posting this up, invite us to the next one brotha.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Archived