LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

i do that but its still very tight the extra 1/16" helps without me having to really squeeze it out. Maybe your rail is a TINY bit different on your car. Unless my motor mounts are sagging?

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a stock LGT08 with KN Intake - no other mods other than cosmetic, small for right now until my warranty runs out. I do plan on swapping out my up/down pipe, upgrading turbo, etc one day but for the next year or 2, i'll be staying stock. Call me paranoid or just a baby.

I'd like to get into ecu tuning but I'm not sure whats best - should i buy a Cobb AP, go tactrix and get an infamous tune, etc? I don't mind spending money but i also don't want to pay for more than i need. I'm fairly technical so doing an open source tune isn't a problem.

I know theres probably many threads on lgt for this - pardon yet another one.

thanks.

today was around 20C out other days it was maybe 24+C. Here is the lv after my drive to work (many pulls in 5th and 4th).

and http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-655/Turbosmart-Subaru-WRX-%26/Detail

or

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-653/TurboXS-LegacyGT-Hybrid-50-fdsh-50/Detail

wouldn't mind some pshhhh but looks pretty tall no ?

421028830_LearningView_SS_A2UI001C_2012-05-25063429.jpg.073f4100e611f7bfd4a19916328cafd8.jpg

I have checked very very hard there is deefinitely no issues intake wise just not 100% sure about the bpv and I just replaced the turbo inlet and pcv. Spark plugs were done a few months ago with oem's. MAF sensor looked pretty clean but the IAT on the maf always get dirty. I am thinking about tossing the k & n and getting a dry panel filter or a intake. If I get a intake than I will just get the turbosmart bpv since it should have some sound.

I forgot to go around with the ppm tester to find exhaust leaks, but the car is pretty quiet. It does sound like I get a different spooling sound when I get on the gas a certain way. It seems like it will pull to redline better when I ease into the boost than stomp on it vs just flooring it.

Shit shit shit I have a feeling im going to find low compression. Been still using a noticeable amount of oil too.

Going to look into options. Was going to just get a new shortblock but you still managed to blow a brand new shortblock (although i probably won't run anything larger than a vf52 ever).

Thanks. I bought the car with a KN so im not sure if the previous owner had it tuned or not - my guess is no.

As far as tune goes im guessing infamous tunes are endorsed widely?

Also, does tactrix still sell an actual cable too? I'm only seeing the one thats a little nub with SD card. I almost prefer one thats connected directly to my macbook.

btw thanks for your help - i see your comments/advice littered through the tuning thread - its appreciated by the newbs. :)

tactrix and OS tune. btw you're suppose to be tuned when using a k&n typhoon....

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really know anything about tuning and I recently bought an 06 LGT about a year ago and I was told it has been dyno tuned by Travis @ Snail Performance - flashed, no accessport conservative tune- 91 octane. I get the 91 octane part but what exactly does "flashed, no accessport" mean?

Archived