LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh. You don't need an intake with a stock turbo and it will do you no good. Whatever. Just give your list of randomly chosen parts to Shamar so he can make you a base map and resist the temptation to install until it's done.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

what ? I had a k n panel filter which was required for stage 1... Now i am putting a dry aem panel filter and going to get the dp next week and obviously go for a stage 2 tune. A bit of a misunderstanding ...........

realistically i have fixed my intake leaks, fixed my boost leaks, now need to verify whether or not to keep the stock bpv or the turbosmart .

From these logs I am thinking i am going to sell the turbosmart valve because it did nothing positively worth the money I spent on it and i am going to go stage 2 officially.

Sorry. I took 'an AEM' to mean one of their intakes. I'm going to leave you in Shamar's capable hands now.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

realistically i have fixed my intake leaks, fixed my boost leaks, now need to verify whether or not to keep the stock bpv or the turbosmart .

From these logs I am thinking i am going to sell the turbosmart valve because it did nothing positively worth the money I spent on it and i am going to go stage 2 officially.

Here is an option that will provide you with everything an aftermarket BOV has... except their problems and poor reliability. It uses your OEM BPV and costs almost nothing. It will hold ANY boost without leaking. And, unlike the OEM BPV, it is closed until requested to open... as opposed to open until requested to be closed. That means much quicker throttle response and a faster boost onset. It's been around forever and time tested.

I've personally used this mod on every Subaru turbo from my 05 LGT to a WRX and now my STi. IMO, it is simply the best solution relative to the OEM BPV. Read the entire thread, don't form an opinion until you can. There is not another BPV/Diverter Valve solution I'd rather have on my car than this simple, cheap, little "fix" to the BPV your car came with.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454965&highlight=16+cent+bpv+drill

• Mega Users
what ? I had a k n panel filter which was required for stage 1... Now i am putting a dry aem panel filter and going to get the dp next week and obviously go for a stage 2 tune. A bit of a misunderstanding ...........

OMG!!!! someone please hit me in the head with a brick so I can't keep reading this shit.

You have it 100% backwards! OEM paper filters are required for any OTS map. That is what any competent tuner will ask you to do unless they are messing with maf scaling or going extremely conservative with the tune.

see knock in the same area! had nothing to do with the turbosmart bpv. I might try out that mod. I feel like I got a bad tank of gas maybe and/or whenever it is +32c the tune isn't happy at that certain load? So for shits and giggles put in the stock air filter. I didn't get anything but at the same time it was cooler.

Once I get the dp (just got the catted one not waiting for a catless 5eat pipe) ill pop in the dry filter, clean the maf AGAIN and start with the stage 2 tune from shamar going to send him the money for it now so I get the tune before the dp lol.

just got a blue vagcom cable from ebay. i want to log with romraider and looks at it with learning view as well...ill leave the flashing to the pros unless i decide to do infamous tuning revisions. idk where to start! i tried oepning rom raider and it said my cable wasnt connected. i changed b4 port 3 and 4 and no recognition.. i even synced my blue tooth dongle to my samsung win xp tablet thinking it might work as a cable but it doesnt seem to work that way. i was allowed to assign the ebay BT dongle to port 3 tho

Archived