LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I was looking on infamous performance website and there is a "OTS ETUNE " and a stage 1 tune. I was trying to figure out the difference because they both have the same description "Increase in smoothness "and sorry about the "Stage11" thing. Typing this on my DROID

IF I understand what you're saying...

Infamous now offers OTS maps for different stages. You could get either an OTS Stage 1 tune, or a full Stage 1 tune where you'd have revisions done based on diagnosing the tune after it's flashed to optimize it.

• Mega Users
Yup. They now have OTS as well as their usual option. Most likely the OTS tune will be a bit more conservative so that it's safe without any revisions. You will likely get a bit more power out of the regular one vs the OTS.

• 3 weeks later...
question - tracking a car in a week. Have road tuned 93 map right now. Can't find a single decent gas station around Putnam Park raceway. Should I add 2-3 gallons of race gas just to make sure that my octane is at 93 or above?

Question guys

I am Infamous Stage 2. Yesterday I did the bullerproof TMIC mod and ran a pair of logs. First log looked OK, but the second log showed some FBKC and Pulled timing in the 6000RPM range.

I remember hitting a pothole during the run, but can't remember if it was during that RPM range.

Is it possible to show knock with pulled timing due to a pothole?

309635030_LearningView_SS_4-15-201265118PM.jpg.1c6f89e7480344836961b4a9f8428fd6.jpg

566316794_LearningView_SS_4-15-201265512PM.jpg.8cb33f16a3efd69ab2d168a6f5b9d4e9.jpg

romraiderlog_20120415_184906.csv

romraiderlog_20120415_185221.csv

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think I was in the 6K range when I hit it. I only noticed when I read the log later that afternoon. Anyone have an idea what could have caused it, or what to do?

I will pull a couple more log runs tomorrow when i get home...

Anyone see anything else in my logs that could be a problem?

• 1 month later...
so replace my very torn up inlet, reset the ecu, now look at my learning view ?!!! Keep in mind this is with infamous stage 1 ots map and k n panel filter (might need to clean it). Kind of lean noo?

866605416_LearningView_SS_A2UI001C_2012-05-22124536.jpg.21ddbde4f37a24940b8d5d6c9aa8c3f3.jpg

ots map? is everything tight between the turbo and throttle body? intercooler air tight? dide you do a boost leak test? if you didn't say ots i'd say you were tuned around an air leak, and now that its fixed you have a higher than needed maf scaling. your a/f trims reflecting that the ecu is PULLING fuel, not adding fuel(for a lean issue). the ecu expected more air than it's currently getting- which led me to initially believe your maf scaling was adjusted around a previous lean air leak

Well took a good look everything appears fine, took off the ic inspected it no signs of leaks from anything. Saw some blow by around the throttle body was thinking the ic to tb hose but I removed it looked perfect no signs of oil around the hose I think the clamp was loose a long time ago just never cleaned up the residue. Any other ideas? I am thinking its my bpv. I swapped back to the stock tune and didnt some ripping around for atleast 30 mins. The IAM never climbed at all boost is the same with botth maps maxing at around 15-16psi . Same deal with the map leaning out too. I definitely hear hissing.

I want to blame the bpv I THINK. Thinking about picking up a turboxs 50/50 but looks so huge thinking screw the pshhhhhhh and get the turbosmart resirc. and a cobb intake.

Realistically everyone will recommend I actually do a boost leak test.

473558707_LearningView_SS_A2UI001C_2012-05-22233258.jpg.eb8d33fcd4aa7e8e0a2a895dcda6865a.jpg

396246260_LearningView_SS_A2UI001C_2012-05-22223405.jpg.a1e16d7348bdb69e1469f63492e3c109.jpg

if you reset the ecu then romp on it shortly after the ecu uses iam as a rough correction when it hears any knock. your fuel trims still reflect a rich(er) condition than normal. seeing as it's rich i'd suspect either an exhaust leak, or a leak between the turbo and manifold....could be the bpv. your trims arent THAT bad, the idle one can and will fluctuate a lot and generally +/- 5% ranges is the goal. however you are rich in boost which would lead me to believe you have a boost leak or an exhaust leak between the engine and the turbo.

reset the ecu and drive gently for a little while to get the iam up to 1.

yes. a boost leak test is still recommended. that hasn't changed and will not change.

I got really sick of how slow the stock map was. It was also surging at lower rpm's (-3500) while flooring it if it matters. Put back the infamous stage 1 map (his idle is set around 850, i set it back to 750 so might cause the overly rich idle) .

Seemed to be running really really well today! Seemed quieter in boost too after taking the ic out and putting everything back except i really tightened the clamps for the ic to tb hose (like i said saw signs of blow by oil spraying from the hose ) making sure the ic to turbo surface and gasket was clean same with the bpv.

Here is the learning view (infamous stage 1 ots)

2014178482_LearningView_SS_A2UI001C_2012-05-23092609.jpg.b1213a667fcc5696af211ec4df449c2e.jpg

well, so far the knock portion looks good, but you are really rich in open loop, so the richness could be surpressing knock currently. do you have the stock intercooler? what do the tabs look like? bent at all? i mean the leak should be pretty obvious based on your trims

Archived