LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason is the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers). It's an American engineering standard that automakers are conforming to so that the HP ratings from one manufacturer to the next will be cohesive. Subaru started adopting it in 2006, and for 07 has finally gotten them all. That's why the LGT dropped from 250 to 243 and the WRX STi dropped from 300 to 293. The power hasn't changed, just the way it's measured.

That said, the jdm specB is running an entirely different engine.

The reason is the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers). It's an American engineering standard that automakers are conforming to so that the HP ratings from one manufacturer to the next will be cohesive. Subaru started adopting it in 2006, and for 07 has finally gotten them all. That's why the LGT dropped from 250 to 243 and the WRX STi dropped from 300 to 293. The power hasn't changed, just the way it's measured.

That said, the jdm specB is running an entirely different engine.

Stumble into the wrong thread again...:lol:

ignore him, he'll go away.

Becoming fan of polls. Added one.

Vote folks. I want to hear SOA tell me it does not make financial sense to sell $40 item for $300-400.

This should be also helpful for aftermarket vendors...

Or if SOA designed it right in the first place....

i agree, should be able to put in aftermarket without having to do anything other than send 20 bucks for double din kit....and usually free when you get the place u buy from to install it:icon_wink

Holy crap, I had no idea you were in Concord, TDC. That also happens to be where I am.

I sent you some IM's over aim, but I'd love to check out your shop and talk about my perdicament (STi suspension problems vs. purchasing a new '07 Spec B) that I made a post about in the 'pre-sale questions' area of the forums. Also, fantastic news about the stereo install piece, one of the reasons I got the Impeza instead of the LGT back in '05 was the inability to upgrade the stereo. I'm also looking forward to seeing the finished install.

i'd definately spring for this if it worked, I'd really like to be able to install a navi headunit that has inputs

p.s. I'd like to leave the controls and the double din area black and get one more matching shifter piece

I voted for the $300 option. However, I got to thinking... Why would it have to cost extra? If anyone would want an aftermarket single-DIN stereo, then it would be nice to have the option of climate control + no radio, with brackets inside the console to hold the radio. That would be ideal... but then again, this isn't Utopia. If this were possible, though, it should cost less.

For an aftermarket mod, though, I'd pay $300.

I voted for the $300 option. However, I got to thinking... Why would it have to cost extra? If anyone would want an aftermarket single-DIN stereo, then it would be nice to have the option of climate control + no radio, with brackets inside the console to hold the radio. That would be ideal... but then again, this isn't Utopia. If this were possible, though, it should cost less.

For an aftermarket mod, though, I'd pay $300.

double din ftw i really hope this happens. anyone want my cs?

Cant you use the cs as an active eq using the rca inputs?

No. The Cleansweep's job is to EQ the INCOMING signal to flat. It has no EQ ability on the outbound signal. Seeing as the signal coming in from a decent aftermarket deck should already be pretty flat, the CS would serve no purpose other than an auxillary input or remote master volume control.

This project looks quite promising all of a sudden, however I expect it too cost every penny of 400 bucks. Not that I'm complaining, as when the Taurus had the oval center console, it required a huge replacement piece, we charged close to 200 bucks for it at the time (you can get it for ~70 now), and it sucked. It had awful coloration, feel, integration and build quality. I would easily pay twice that, for something that looked and acted OEM.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5213/3847cs1.jpg

Blah!

Archived