LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no stupid questions right? so does this mean you have to a get a seperate HVAC ecu if you get this part?

If this part "works", you won't need anything else, plug and play (well, might have to extend hazard switch wiring, and then of course the shifter bezel won't match in color.:lol: )

ignore him, he'll go away.

If this part "works", you won't need anything else, plug and play (well, might have to extend hazard switch wiring, and then of course the shifter bezel won't match in color.:lol: )

Apparently as pointed earlier in this thread, the piece is not symetrical, despite it looks like - so it will not fit without some hacking (LHD vs. RHD).

But I guess as long as one can get separate ACC controls to work, it will be 3/4th of getting there... just matter of hacking or fabricating a bezel.

Apparently as pointed earlier in this thread, the piece is not symetrical, despite it looks like - so it will not fit without some hacking (LHD vs. RHD).

But I guess as long as one can get separate ACC controls to work, it will be 3/4th of getting there... just matter of hacking or fabricating a bezel.

The JDM double din cubby is not symmetrical either, but as pointed out earlier in the thread, it still fits into a LHD car (without modification) with minor gaps as confirmed by a board member here. We may be lucky and have the same scenario with the HVAC piece.

GFXdave has the original piece (single zone). I know it was passed around to a number of memebers for electrical work, but not sure if anyone actually tried fitting it into place. Might have to do that myself...

My guess is that it won't be a big deal and should fit w/o much effort.

Just got a response from subaruparts.com:

>Ryan,

>

>I do not have this item. However my JDM supplier has sent an email to

>Japan to see if we can get it for you. I'll let you know what we find out.

>

>Trish Lee

>Internet Parts Manager

>Trish@Subaruparts.com

I told her someone is checking on whether or not it will work with our Legacy's and if it does, to expect a sudden rush of orders.:lol:

My dealer contactes SoJ 6 months ago, and they said the part wouldn't work. Note: we asked about the single zone AC pannel, I own a LHD 2.0R (175HP) single-zone HVAC in celcius.

My dealer contactes SoJ 6 months ago, and they said the part wouldn't work. Note: we asked about the single zone AC pannel, I own a LHD 2.0R (175HP) single-zone HVAC in celcius.

Well, I think SOA/SOJ have a different idea of what "won't work" than I do. I will wait and see what TDC firgures out before I'd chalk it up as a loss based on Subaru's info.

+1 waiting for TDC results ----------- (SOA) does not want you to switch out so automaticly it's going to be a no (like when we asked if the factory head units for a Spec-B would work in a regular GT, they said no on that too), they want you to buy the model that comes with that option. Unfortunately we don't have access to buy the car that comes that way.

TDC will show us the way :)

What was the verdict on switching the ACC to a manual unit - wasn't there some reason that wouldn't work?

(too lazy to search, just shoot me now)

It will not work. I have already spent the money to determine this.

There is a central omputer in the legacy called the "body control module" which regulates, among other things, the rear defroster. It is separate from the HVAC controller. The BCM on the LGT takes a digital signal from the hvac controller. The one on the non-GT takes a simple 12v signal. Additionally the heater boxes are different.

So, even if you swap out the controlls and the heaterbox you'r stuck with no defroster in the rear.

But this new dual zone JDM part looks promising. I hope it works.

IF this is available in Japan, is it also available from LHD countries, such as Europe, with dual ACC, and double din opening?

That and a shifter surround panel would convert the center console to black... not bad!

Unfortunatelly apparently no. Subaru thinks only Japanese are allowed to swap their stereos (or get Mcintosh stock). Here is the link to the current Subaru Germany accessories.

http://www.subaru.de/legacy-zubehoer.pdf

Btw, notice the interesting grille on page 10.

Damn, even the Germans get better accessories than the US, and Subaru can't be selling many units in Germany.

Hahaha... actually, you get better subaru models almost everywhere. You don't have the 3.0R, 2GT specB, 3R specB which have AVCS and stuff, which you can buy in say.. venezuela, Chavez and everything.

But audiowise... all LHD legacies are stuck with the same (or simmilar) stock HU, which, in my oppinion, is plain not good enough.

IF this is available in Japan, is it also available from LHD countries, such as Europe, with dual ACC, and double din opening?

That and a shifter surround panel would convert the center console to black... not bad!

I thought japan cars were RHD.

I thought japan cars were RHD.

They are. What IWSS is saying, is IF you can get these in Japan, MAYBE they could be available in some European countries that have LHD cars instead of RHD, and maybe we could order them from there.

They are. What IWSS is saying, is IF you can get these in Japan, MAYBE they could be available in some European countries that have LHD cars instead of RHD, and maybe we could order them from there.

I explored that at some point. On all RHD countries, you can import mcintosh head units and HVAC panels from japan. On all LHD countries it seems you're stuck with the stock HU.

Hahaha... actually, you get better subaru models almost everywhere. You don't have the 3.0R, 2GT specB, 3R specB which have AVCS and stuff, which you can buy in say.. venezuela, Chavez and everything.

But audiowise... all LHD legacies are stuck with the same (or simmilar) stock HU, which, in my oppinion, is plain not good enough.

Well, only US and Australia AFAIK get 2.5 GT. Arguably the best motor in the lineup.

Archived