LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

^^I'm with you on that. I'm psyched for this thing.

Nice location jerk :lol: the "benny's" keep those towns in business.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread has nearly 6000 friggin views. Of course, I am sure SOA would respond that an enthuisast site is not representative of the entire market, so it would not make busness sense to sell that accessory. At least without additional "intense research", to quote our friendly CS at SOA :rolleyes:

SOA is a bunch of dopes. They're missing out on a huge market
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

^^I'm with you on that. I'm psyched for this thing.

Nice location jerk :lol: the "benny's" keep those towns in business.

Believe me.. the town I live in.. well the city, Brick, doesnt need tourists to keep itself afloat.. It takes me 20 minutes to go 2 blocks just about from 7am to 8pm every day. We got plenty of people here.

I agree that BENNYs keep Sleazeside alive.. and probably Point Pleasant Boardwalk also... but unfortunatly, my town is between those 2 places and it blows here during the summer.

:lol:

I know what you guys mean. I'd hate us too if I lived down there. Sleazeside sucks.

Me too, but I'd rather have it painted American OEM. People that want it to match Jap OEM would have to paint more stuff than just this piece anyway, so it'd make more since to just have it be color matched to NA OEM.

The only other piece I would want in black is the bezel around the shifter. I would leave the silver on the sides of the center console running vertically and the trim on the door alone. I think this would be a pretty nice look.

Like I said, if it comes in silver, I will just add a personal touch and have it refinished in black. I feel it would look silly to have a huge peice of silver plastic sitting in the dash with a big black double din screen hanging out in the middle of all that silver.

I'd be very interested in black as well. Plus a shifter sourround in black (if these could be made avaible at a later time).

Is there a possibility of a color option, or will all have to be made one or the other?

when is this suppose to be available?, I am kinda tired of reading this tread and just want to start modding.

And again with the quote

TDC Tuning said:

I was told to make a list of what i wanted for the US cars

they will makeit and ship to me to test before it hits market

I have a dual zone ACC RHD coming, and a way to make it work in the us car

plan on Xmas time for a release

Unfortunatelly apparently no. Subaru thinks only Japanese are allowed to swap their stereos (or get Mcintosh stock). Here is the link to the current Subaru Germany accessories.

http://www.subaru.de/legacy-zubehoer.pdf

Btw, notice the interesting grille on page 10.

Jeebus! Look at the huge selection of wheels you can get over there!:eek::eek::eek:

How many do we get? Um... lemme think............ Zero? :(

relax guys im on it

thisis a HUGE project

i need peices injection molded

color matched

etc etc etc

it WILL happen

it probably wont be super cheap but im TRYING to stay under $400

Thank you for spending time on this project! I'm definitely interested.

I really miss my old Eclipse HU. I've been holding off using my current amp and sub for something like this. I can wait a bit longer. :)

w00t.

I actually have tears of joy coming down my face. Just the other day I drove my other car (Chrysler 300 w/ Boston Acustic system) and it was actually painful to get back into my LGT.

Thanks TDC resolving this problem.

its backwards, how freaky!

Ed

I actually would prefer the defog and rear window defrost buttons to be closer to me anyway, they can be hard to get to while in 5th gear. I never use the Off or Auto buttons anyway...

Just got a response from subaruparts.com:

>Ryan,

>

>I do not have this item. However my JDM supplier has sent an email to

>Japan to see if we can get it for you. I'll let you know what we find out.

>

>Trish Lee

>Internet Parts Manager

>Trish@Subaruparts.com

I told her someone is checking on whether or not it will work with our Legacy's and if it does, to expect a sudden rush of orders.:lol:

Given TDC's legwork on this, I'll certainly be supporting them by ordering from them once it's available.

Now here's a question for you TDC. With the new controller, will the drivers side temp control be the one on the left still or will it switch over to the right side?

If I can offer a guess... I don't see why it would be any different, no matter where the steering wheel is, the knob should control the side it's closest to.

I'd actually like it more if there was a setting to link both sides, which you can do in a Volvo for one. I think I've had them set different about twice in 2 years.

Andy

I actually would prefer the defog and rear window defrost buttons to be closer to me anyway, they can be hard to get to while in 5th gear. I never use the Off or Auto buttons anyway...

Just what I was thinking. I use the defrost buttons, especially for the rear window, regularly.

Only time I use the auto button is after I manually turn on the front defroster, and I can't recall the last time I needed to use the off button.

Given TDC's legwork on this, I'll certainly be supporting them by ordering from them once it's available.

This was posted before there was any talk of modification for proper function and based solely on availability.

ignore him, he'll go away.

This was posted before there was any talk of modification for proper function and based solely on availability.

I know. TDC posted saying that he had one on the way to test though, which I thought was very good of him. I'd be willing to wait a bit longer (hell, it's been 2 long painful years) or pay a (little) bit more to reward their efforts. As it is now, it seems like the only way to go of course...

Andy

Yeah.. the buttons are not a big deal, but reaching to the passenger side to set the driver side climate.....little bit more of a big deal :p

I'm still not sure why you'd need to do that.

Imagine you're sitting in the driver's side of a RHD car. You turn the knob on the right, and it adjusts the temp on the right side.

OK, now imagine you're sitting on the passenger side of that car, the drivers side for us. You turn the knob on the left... what side do you expect it to adjust?

I'm still not sure why you'd need to do that.

Imagine you're sitting in the driver's side of a RHD car. You turn the knob on the right, and it adjusts the temp on the right side.

OK, now imagine you're sitting on the passenger side of that car, the drivers side for us. You turn the knob on the left... what side do you expect it to adjust?

Simple logic, yes it might be that easy. On the other hand, what if the zones are coded as driver's side and passenger? That would create the cross control some people are worried about. Time will tell.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived