LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

this has been discussed so many times. If I may suggest reading some other threads. Everytime i see someone has posted here I think its about the TDC project and not if you can or can not put a 2.5i radio in a gt or vise versa.

sorry dont mean to come off as a d*ck

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything is possible with enough money. However, it'd just be easier to get a double din panel that's already been released for the 2.5i folks.

u mean the double din from the 2.5i limited edition?

i thought they are the same as LGT one~?

Anything is possible with enough money. However, it'd just be easier to get a double din panel that's already been released for the 2.5i folks.

I'm pretty certain eatgeegee is just looking to put the dual zone auto climate control into his 2.5i, in which case the aftermarket double din dash kits won't help him at all.

u mean the double din from the 2.5i limited edition?

i thought they are the same as LGT one~?

Eatgeegee, can we put an end to this? If you don't already have automatic climate controls in your Legacy it is almost an impossibility to add them. No one has successfully done it. It would probably cost you less to trade your car in on a limited or XT to get the auto climate control than to retrofit your 2.5i.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying not to get excited by this possibility, but I had to go in the basement and dust off the following in anticipation of actually being able to install it into my Leggie without having the stock unit still in there:

Clarion DRZ9255: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/emulous/car%20stereo/DRZ9255_l.jpg

CDT ES643: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/emulous/car%20stereo/cdtes643.jpg

a/d/s P850: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/emulous/car%20stereo/adsp850.jpg

I'd about given up hope of ever installing this stuff in it, don't get my hopes up and let me down. I'd pay a lot of money to be able to use all this equipment in my favorite wagon.

I'm trying not to get excited by this possibility, but I had to go in the basement and dust off the following in anticipation of actually being able to install it into my Leggie without having the stock unit still in there:

Clarion DRZ9255: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/emulous/car%20stereo/DRZ9255_l.jpg

CDT ES643: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/emulous/car%20stereo/cdtes643.jpg

a/d/s P850: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/emulous/car%20stereo/adsp850.jpg

I'd about given up hope of ever installing this stuff in it, don't get my hopes up and let me down. I'd pay a lot of money to be able to use all this equipment in my favorite wagon.

Get a LOC of somekind and get your gear installed! There are so many choices out there now, there's no reason to wait. Especially if your only installing a single DIN unit with no LCD. :icon_conf

LC6i

Cleansweep

3sixty.1/2

The Clarion's great, but that shouldn't hold you back from enjoying the CDT/ADS while we wait out this solution?

Get a LOC of somekind and get your gear installed! There are so many choices out there now, there's no reason to wait. Especially if your only installing a single DIN unit with no LCD. :icon_conf

LC6i

Cleansweep

3sixty.1/2

The Clarion's great, but that shouldn't hold you back from enjoying the CDT/ADS while we wait out this solution?

Don't get me wrong, I've thought about it, but I've been working for so long on aquiring the right pieces for the kind of system I want of the quality I want, that I'm not willing to make do using the stock head unit, to use the amp and speakers at this time. I will probably give in at some point and go ahead and do it, but for two years, I've been sitting on this stuff and something tells me to wait until I can do what I want, or hold off until my next car to install it in. May sound strange, but that's just where I stand right now.

Don't get me wrong, I've thought about it, but I've been working for so long on aquiring the right pieces for the kind of system I want of the quality I want, that I'm not willing to make do using the stock head unit, to use the amp and speakers at this time. I will probably give in at some point and go ahead and do it, but for two years, I've been sitting on this stuff and something tells me to wait until I can do what I want, or hold off until my next car to install it in. May sound strange, but that's just where I stand right now.

Props to your patience... I prefer instant gratification. :)

+1 on status update from TDC. Is this going to happen? We were told before the christmas. But no word as of yet. errrr. I really want to do something better than the stock HU. I have been trying to get an MP3 unit, but if I can get this, I would be so much happier.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

+1 on status update from TDC. Is this going to happen? We were told before the christmas. But no word as of yet. errrr.

it will happen and it will work

i refuse to let any info out till they are done

i have learned my lesson on that

ignore him, he'll go away.

shit

i hate waiting

I'm gonna order it when I get my paycheck in 2 weeks.

I really want a dvd/nav/mp3/cd double din

bye bye gayass stock, can't even play mp3 piece of shit. player

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I am going to appologize first....i have read/skimed ALL 21 pages of this thread and when i saw...

However, it'd just be easier to get a double din panel that's already been released for the 2.5i folks.

....i was like "HUH?:confused: "! I probably missed it, but where exactly would i find one of the double dins for my 2.5SE with manual climate controls???

Thank you in advance.

I am going to appologize first....i have read/skimed ALL 21 pages of this thread and when i saw...

....i was like "HUH?:confused: "! I probably missed it, but where exactly would i find one of the double dins for my 2.5SE with manual climate controls???

Thank you in advance.

If your 2.5se has manual climate controls, I believe you can get the Double Din from any car stereo shop that sells Metra kits.

i called metra today to see if they offered a double din kit for my 06 2.5se (man climate control) and they said that they dont have a double din one. They said that they had a single but the picture on the website didnt even work and i asked them to email me a pic but they never did!

But it doesnt even mater b/c i dont want a single i want a double but i DONT want to hack up a single and have a gigantic gap on each side. So....i started thinking and came up with this! What if i buy a kit off of AVO and use it? The kit comes in 2 pieces right....the actuall double din piece and the climate controls piece for LGTs? Do you think that i could take my stock dash and cut it right above my manual climate controls and then put the double din from the AVO kit in??????

The only other option is to find someone out there that knows where i could get an actuall double din for my SE!

i called metra today to see if they offered a double din kit for my 06 2.5se (man climate control) and they said that they dont have a double din one. They said that they had a single but the picture on the website didnt even work and i asked them to email me a pic but they never did!

But it doesnt even mater b/c i dont want a single i want a double but i DONT want to hack up a single and have a gigantic gap on each side. So....i started thinking and came up with this! What if i buy a kit off of AVO and use it? The kit comes in 2 pieces right....the actuall double din piece and the climate controls piece for LGTs? Do you think that i could take my stock dash and cut it right above my manual climate controls and then put the double din from the AVO kit in??????

The only other option is to find someone out there that knows where i could get an actuall double din for my SE!

you would have much better luck just hacking this kit up a bit and removing the pocket

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-obrkZTjCbml/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=120998901

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

you would have much better luck just hacking this kit up a bit and removing the pocket

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-obrkZTjCbml/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=120998901

2nd, much less expensive as well. Shouldn't be much of a project. You'll have to make some custom mounts for the HU, but nothing exotic.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived