LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC w/double din for dual ACC LGT!!!

If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. If SOA offered it as LHD accessory, what's the max price you would be willing to pay?

• $400 (I really hate stocker, I'll pay dearly to ditch it)
    • $300 (I hate stocker, I'll pay well to eliminate it)
    • $200 (I don't like stocker, but I am not paying more than $100 per stupid ACC knob!)
    • $100 (I am on a budget, dang!)
    • Don't care, I'd go with cleansweep anyway.
    • No thanks, stock stereo is fine.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^I'm in pretty much regardless of price. I'm keeping my wagon till it breaks so I'll get my $$ worth out of it
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

relax guys im on it

thisis a HUGE project

i need peices injection molded

color matched

etc etc etc

it WILL happen

it probably wont be super cheap but im TRYING to stay under $400

...and I don't think this is out of the realm of what most of us are expecting. Think about it this way. If the AVO double din piece fit properly it would set you back $275 and the relocation bracket is another $185 for a total of $460. If I can get a solution that puts a deck in the stock location, allows me to keep my cubby and ashtray space (for other electronics - I don't smoke) then I will be a very happy person and ~$400 sounds pretty reasonable compared to the alternatives. Just one question: Will this include new trim for the ashtray lid and around the shifter to match the finish on the new HVAC and radio bezels?

I figure they are just going to color match the 05-07 trim in terms of color. The important thing is that the HVAC controls are OUT of the main center bezel. With that separated, you can make whatever mold you want for the center. It will just be two pieces instead of one. Double din, a big circle, whatever you want to mold it into.

I emailed them about a year ago on this. Basically they told me they're not interested in making a replacement b.c, get this, "nobody would want it". :lol: Seriously, they told me they wont waste their time on something like that since nobody would by it.

That is certainly what they think, because they are in the game to make money, but it shows how truely clueless they are.

"Nah, nobody would want to upgrade their sterio." :lol:

Darn! I REALLY like the black. Looks like I'll be adding a personal touch:)

I think I'll stay with a matte black finish as well. If the end product is silver, I'll just have it dyed black along with the shifter bezel.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I think I'll stay with a matte black finish as well. If the end product is silver, I'll just have it dyed black along with the shifter bezel.

+1

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I'm more concerned about it actually working. That's more important to me than the color
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Me too... I just prefer the Japanese OEM look over the North American OEM look.

Me too, but I'd rather have it painted American OEM. People that want it to match Jap OEM would have to paint more stuff than just this piece anyway, so it'd make more since to just have it be color matched to NA OEM.

Go Cardinals!

Me too, but I'd rather have it painted American OEM. People that want it to match Jap OEM would have to paint more stuff than just this piece anyway, so it'd make more since to just have it be color matched to NA OEM.

I agree. I would want mine paint-matched to the existing center console pieces. :)

-Mike-

I cant believe this is the first thread I jump to when I logon in the morning... Its been awhile since I have been this interested in a mod! I have 3 double din systems lined up for a possible purchase... sirius controllers, ipod cables and bluetooth modules... I cant friggin wait!

Archived