LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='jedimaster']So unpluggin it isn't an option, I take it.[/quote] There was 3 or 4 plugs going into it and I wasn't going to try trial and error.[/quote] Can't blame you there!

Okay, guys, I must be a idiot..(SHUT UP DM) but I couldn't get it to work... I called the dealer to see if they could do it for me and they said they wouldn't becuase it would be disarming a safety mechenism. Ahh well..back to the clicky things..

Ken S wrote this back on page 5: Here's what I'm doing: 1)Turn key to "on" 2)Immediately start the seatbelt buckle/unbuckling 20x 3)Turn key to off, remove 4)Repeat one more time and then start engine This worked for me in my GT Wagon. I still need to buckle my belt, but I always drive with it buckled. After doing this process I can now drive without having to have my passenger seat belt buckled with no one in it. If I take my belt off before I stop the engine my chime still goes off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just did it after a few tries, I think maybe I found the key : Your seat belt light on the dash should turn back on everytime you unbuckle. I think I was buckling/unbuckling too fast for the car to register or something. It worked when I slow down and make sure every unbuckling is registered by the car by watching that light. I just turn on and buckle at the same time. Then I wait until the seat belt light stops flashing. Then I buckle 19 more times slowly. Repeat - and no more chime!

[quote name='frontrangeSubie']Oh I forgot to add....my wife gave me "extra" sex due to me getting rid of that annoying chime..... Mark[/quote] Hmm, I have two vehicles with annoying chimes. Maybe double the extra sex. Double-plus good.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Helfrick'][quote name='frontrangeSubie']Oh I forgot to add....my wife gave me "extra" sex due to me getting rid of that annoying chime..... Mark[/quote] Hmm, I have two vehicles with annoying chimes. Maybe double the extra sex. Double-plus good.[/quote] Double plus sex in teh Outback!!1 W00t!!1

[quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='Helfrick'][quote name='frontrangeSubie']Oh I forgot to add....my wife gave me "extra" sex due to me getting rid of that annoying chime..... Mark[/quote] Hmm, I have two vehicles with annoying chimes. Maybe double the extra sex. Double-plus good.[/quote] Double plus sex in teh Outback!!1 W00t!!1[/quote] Double teh double sex in the Legacy too!!111! w00t!!111

Okay, I'm going to try it slower this time. I was doing the b/u process so fast (someone said it had to be done under 30 seconds) that the seatbelt light just stopped flashing. Extra sex w00t! :D Ken

• 2 weeks later...
OK... forgive me... but I cannot get the damn chime to stop!!!!! :evil: I have tried it about 10 times so far.... Here is what I am doing..... 1.) Insert key into ignition 2.) Turn ignition to "ON" position. 3.) As soon as chimes start, I beging buckling/unbuckling the belt (1 buckle/un-buckle counts as 1) about once per second. 4.) On the 20th un-buckle, I turn the ignition to off and remove the key. 5.) Wait 5 seconds or so... 6.) Insert key into ignition 7.) Turn ignition to "ON" position. 8.) Again, as soon as chimes start, beging buckling/unbuckling the belt about once per second. 9.) On the 20th un-buckle, I turn the ignition to off and remove the key. 10.) Wait 5 seconds or so... 11.) Put the key back in and start the car..... After waiting patiently for ~20 seconds, I unfortunately find that I STILL HAVE THE CHIME! Argh! :x What am I doing wrong here?

You want it too badly. You have to assume a position of indifference, like you would with a really hot chick that you want to wango tango with. Then it will happen. 8) After reading and re-reading your procedure I really don't have any suggestions. It looks like you're doing it exactly the way it worked for me. Mine has yet to return! Good luck.

Archived