LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

Fhat the Wuck you guys... I got on here looking for a solution to this chime, it sounds unanamous that it's annnoying. Keefe, you said something about a resistor.... what about pulling the sensor and making the connection that the belt would normally make? Or is it more like a prox sensor? Different subject, but anyone know which fuse to jump to get battery to the cig lighters instead of ignition?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm new to the forum and I have to tell you after reading this entire post, I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. :lol: My favorite posts.... "I swear once you finally do it you'll feel like you just came from 12th place to win a Gold medal. :)" "I'm down for the sex. Does anyone know what would happen if you just took the dinger out?" "You want it too badly. You have to assume a position of indifference, like you would with a really hot chick that you want to wango tango with. Then it will happen." Thanks for the laughs and the mod. I can't stand that damn buzzer either. Will

It's back!!! After few months without it, I disabled the chime this summer, it revived by itself! The battery has not been disconnect. The temperature went down to -30°C(-22°F), maybe that caused it to re-enable itself.

[quote name='AA']It's back!!! After few months without it, I disabled the chime this summer, it revived by itself! The battery has not been disconnect. The temperature went down to -30°C(-22°F), maybe that caused it to re-enable itself.[/QUOTE] Yep same here..... I thought it was the Cold temperatures this morning as well......

AHHH!!! Mine came back too, but it's been cold here for some time and it just started today, the damn thing is posessed!!! Now I can't get it to turn back off... you know, when you've got a classy lady in the back seat and you want to leave the car running to keep things from fogging up ;) it's really nice not to have that damn thing reminding you that you're in a car every 20 seconds!!!

[quote name='warnoldscu']AHHH!!! Mine came back too, but it's been cold here for some time and it just started today, the damn thing is posessed!!! Now I can't get it to turn back off... you know, when you've got a classy lady in the back seat and you want to leave the car running to keep things from fogging up ;) it's really nice not to have that damn thing reminding you that you're in a car every 20 seconds!!![/QUOTE] Hmm... classy lady in the back seat... I think that's one of those contradictions in terms like "jumbo shrimp" or "military intelligence". Did you mean "trashy lady"??? :lol:

• 1 month later...
Easy. My chime stopped somewhere after 8 clicks in and out. Did it only one series, then started car... no more recurring chime. :) (Edit: I thought it was that easy. But after starting the car yesterday without my belt on [getting stuff for son in carseat], the chime was back. I didn't click-unclick enough. So this time, about 30 clicks in 30 seconds... and I've verified, no more chime :D )

Hey, I'm new here. First, thanks for the info on killing the annoying bell chime. I did exactly what Roundboy listed but it still didn't work. [quote name='RoundBoy']1) Sit in car 2) with key, turn car to ON /ACC (DO NOT START) 3) IMMEDIATELY start hooking / unhooking the seatbetl 20 times in 30 seconds 4) turn key to off 5) remove key 6) start car Maybe some of the final steps are not needed... but this is exactly what i did.. ONCE and it worked.[/QUOTE] The difference for me was starting with the seatbelt alreay buckled before inserting the key. Got that one on the first try. The directions then were perfect. Al

• 2 months later...
I haven't seen anyone post the actual text from the service manual, so here goes: CUTOFF FUNCTION The warning given after 6 seconds since the ignition switch is turned ON, and the warning function that activates when the seat belt is unfastened while driving can be optionally cut off. The cutoff function is common for both the driver’s seat and passenger’s seat, and can be set with the driver’s seat buckle switch. Temporary (TEMP) cutoff 1) How to cut: Repeat fastening and unfastening the driver’s seat belt for 3 times within 6 seconds after turning the ignition switch ON. (The setting is changed for both the driver’s seat and passenger’s seat.) 2) Setting lasts: While the ignition switch is turned ON until it is turned OFF. (The cutoff function is canceled when the ignition switch is once turned OFF.) Permanent cutoff 1) How to cut: Repeat fastening and unfastening the driver’s seat belt for 20 times within 30 seconds after turning the ignition switch ON. Enabling and disabling cutting is done with the same operation. (The setting is changed for both the driver’s seat and passenger’s seat.) 2) Setting lasts: Until the microprocessor is reset*. The cutoff function is reset when the battery is removed (battery positive terminal disconnected) or when the body integrated unit is removed. The cutting function may also be reset when the engine is cranked with low battery voltage.

ahhh so you turn the key on WITHOUT starting the car... that's probably why it didn't work for me. I tried it about 7 times each time starting the car and I still get the bloody chime. I'll have to try it again tomorrow without startng the car. :)

Archived