LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

I can't get mine disabled either. I like to think I am pretty smart and can follow directions. It would seem to me that there is just a little electronic module somewhere (that emits the noise) that could just be unplugged. Anyone know? Thanks.
It is still ugly.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we could only wish. i tried weeding through this thread and so far, not too much helpful info other than the factory instructions on the unbuckling and buckling 20 times thing. :(
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Holy Hell!!! After sitting in the driveway at 1:30AM, trying this about 20 times i got it!! The trick, i found out is getting really, really mad. i could not get this to work for me no matter what. then i got pissed, and started cussing at myself, thinking i was just too stupid to turn off a chime, and if a seatbelt is too much of a mod for me to work with, i shouldnt try any engine work EVER. Then, i tried again, and it worked!! the light is gone, and i even sat in the passenger seat, and the airbag turned on, but the seatbelt chime never sounded!! now i can sleep in peace :)

seatbelt click disable WORKS! works with AP too! you just need to have good timing like the contra code from NES :) and you dont need to click 20 times, only like 10.
...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

ahhh, contra...i was trying the Mike Tyson code from Mike Tyson's knock out... damn it!! Well it works!! I am so relieved, as someone earlier posted, it feels like i just came from 12th place to win the gold!

Here is the process that finally worked for me: There are 6 beeps when you first turn key to 'ON' position 1) Get in da car and shut da door 2) Insert key in ignition 3) Turn key to 'On' position without starting car 4) Immediately after 6th beep start clicking seatbelt in-out of anchor 5) After 20 rapid clicks leave seatbelt fastened 6) Turn key off and remove from ignition 7) Remove seatbelt 8) Insert key in ignition 9) Turn key to 'On' position and start car 10) Enjoy your success :icon_bigg

Well, I too finally got it done. Here's what it took for me ('05 auto trans): Get in car and shut door. Place key in ignition and turn to position 3 labeled "ON" without starting the car(look at the ignition switch, it is labeled). When the instrument cluster lights up and the chime starts sounding, buckle and release driver's seatbelt 20 times. On the 20th engagement, release the buckle rather than leaving it latched. Leaving it latched the last time did NOT work for me. Turn ignition switch to off. Start car normally. Chime sounds and warning light illuminates for the first cycle of sound then both go off and stay off. I was beginning to think I was dumb or dumber.
It is still ugly.

i've tried all those combos. :( i'll keep at it. the last time i got it to work (last sept) i had been trying and trying for a good week or so. finally got it to work after i was (as someone pointed out earlier), cussing, swearing, and throwing things inside the car to make it stop! lol. i'll keep at it and try these other ways to see if maybe maybe i'll get luck!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I am not sure if this is the way the car normally behaves or not (because I had attemped the deactivation 2 or 3 times previous to my success), but immediately before I was successful, I could start the car, buckle the belt (chiming would stop & light would go out), then unbuckle the belt and the chiming would NOT start again. The dash light would illuminate and act normally - blink when the chime was suppoedly sounding, then go steady, then blink again (still with no chime). This might be an option for you when you have to sit in your car and work for long periods.
It is still ugly.

Archived