LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

[quote] Okay, so out of curiosity, I followed the above directions verbatim, TWICE and I can't seem to turn off the chimes. Here's what I'm doing: 1)Turn key to "on" 2)Immediately start the seatbelt buckle/unbuckling 20x 3)Turn key to off, remove 4)Repeat one more time and then start engine What am I doing wrong? Ken[/quote] I started my procedure after the first 5 chimes. I don't recall taking the key out before I repeated the procedure, but before I started the car I did take the key out.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
Didn't work for me- might be an OB issue ;) Actually, it probably all comes down to the nut behind the wheel ;)

[quote name='Ken S'] Okay, so out of curiosity, I followed the above directions verbatim, TWICE and I can't seem to turn off the chimes. Here's what I'm doing: 1)Turn key to "on" 2)Immediately start the seatbelt buckle/unbuckling 20x 3)Turn key to off, remove 4)Repeat one more time and then start engine What am I doing wrong? Ken[/quote] I did the exact process also, and it didn't work for me either. Strange. -Nick

[quote name='ssaldana']All I do is buckle/unbuckle 3 times and the beeping turns off... (as said in the owners manual)[/quote] We're talking about a permanent or semi-permanent solution. The 3x thing is just a temporary fix.

[quote name='brad21']"Repeat process, remove key from ignition again." Then reinsert the key and start the engine. This is after the second buckle/unbuckle process. Worked for me... maybe I missed some odd thing I did in between? Try rubbing your tummy and patting the top of your head? :) Don't give up, the effort is worth the silence.[/quote] A few clarifying questions: Do you wait until the inital chimes end for the buckle/unbuckle or start ASAP? Do you remove the key at the end of each 20x buckle/unbuckle process? Oh, and I did wait after the first set of chimes after completeing the process to see if it worked. About 20 seconds later "ding, ding, ding...". :( Ken

as my post above.....Start clicking IMMEDIATELY when you first turn the key to "ON" (during the first chimes)....you physically hear that you are interrupting the chimming.... Key out Repeat above Key out key in to on to check to see if it works! Worked for me If you wait till the first set of chimes is over before you start clicking...you've waited TOO LONG. Key Mark

[quote name='Ken S'][quote name='brad21']"Repeat process, remove key from ignition again." Then reinsert the key and start the engine. This is after the second buckle/unbuckle process. Worked for me... maybe I missed some odd thing I did in between? Try rubbing your tummy and patting the top of your head? :) Don't give up, the effort is worth the silence.[/quote] A few clarifying questions: Do you wait until the inital chimes end for the buckle/unbuckle or start ASAP? Do you remove the key at the end of each 20x buckle/unbuckle process? Oh, and I did wait after the first set of chimes after completeing the process to see if it worked. About 20 seconds later "ding, ding, ding...". :( Ken[/quote] I started right after the initial chime, the key in ignition chime, not the seatbelt chime. Remove the key after both 20x b/ub process. Go go go go!

[quote name='frontrangeSubie']as my post above.....Start clicking IMMEDIATELY when you first turn the key to "ON" (during the first chimes)....you physically hear that you are interrupting the chimming.... Key out Repeat above Key out key in to on to check to see if it works! Worked for me If you wait till the first set of chimes is over before you start clicking...you've waited TOO LONG. Key Mark[/quote] I started the process immediately after turning the key to "ON" pretty much after only one chime of the first set of chimes went off. As I get to the 3rd buckle/unbuckle, the first set of chimes stop. I just keep going until I hit 20x and key out. But nothing. I wonder if it only works with sedans?? PS. LOL on the extra sex. :D Ken

[quote name='Ken S'][quote name='frontrangeSubie']as my post above.....Start clicking IMMEDIATELY when you first turn the key to "ON" (during the first chimes)....you physically hear that you are interrupting the chimming.... Key out Repeat above Key out key in to on to check to see if it works! Worked for me If you wait till the first set of chimes is over before you start clicking...you've waited TOO LONG. Key Mark[/quote] I started the process immediately after turning the key to "ON" pretty much after only one chime of the first set of chimes went off. As I get to the 3rd buckle/unbuckle, the first set of chimes stop. I just keep going until I hit 20x and key out. But nothing. I wonder if it only works with sedans?? PS. LOL on the extra sex. :D Ken[/quote] I'm a wagon man. No extra sex though as of yet. :cry:

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='jedimaster']I'm down for the sex. Does anyone know what would happen if you just took the dinger out?[/quote]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']I'm down for the sex. Does anyone know what would happen if you just took the dinger out?[/quote][/quote]

Archived