LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try this: After buckle and unbuckle for 20 times in 30 seconds, turn the key to OFF. Wait till all the light on the dash completely gone (it will dim off) before turn the key to ON. Finally, do the 20 times buckles again and turn the key to OFF. I didn't even care looking at the seatbelt light while I was doing it and it worked. Good luck!

thank goodness. got mine to work. here's what i did. have seatbelt ready, right by buckle turn key to "on" insert, remove 20X, finish with the seatbelt out. turn off key, remove key. put key back in, insert remove 20X, finish with seatbelt out. take key out. wait a few seconds. start car, and idiot light and sound are gone!! wait, doesn't this mean i'm no longer an idiot?

I only wished I had waited long enough so that my wife had noticed the annoying chime....that way maybe I would've gotten a little bit of that extra sex everyone has been talking about in this thread.....stupid me....DOH! I guess I'll have to go re-enable it now...hehe.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.............!!!!!!!!!! I did one sequence of 20 connect/disconnect: it is enough, maybe too much...See at the end. I finished with belt out and turned the power off. Here is the little detail that made the difference for me: I did it fast. After connecting the belt for the first time, I didn't wait for the end of the first serie of 6 chimes to disconnect the belt. On the contrary, I connected the belt 3 times during the first serie of 6 chimes, timing each connection to interrupt an ongoing chime and flashing light After the third connection, the chime stopped in mid-cycle and the light went out. The light didn't come back during the remaining sequence of 17 connect/disconnect. Already, I was pretty sure I had it. It was done. Now, I would not be surprised if it was not necessary to do 20 sequences. Could it be that the trick is to interrupt at least 3 ongoing chimes and flashing lights during the initial 6-chime sequence? Maybe someone who is still experimenting could try it

Guest *Jedimaster*
I got it to work. I followed the original instructions. My mistake had been doing it twice, which re-enables the chime. It was nice gliding into my parking spot today, unbuckling the seatbelt and NOT hearing that annoying sound!

[quote name='jedimaster']I got it to work. I followed the original instructions. My mistake had been doing it twice, which re-enables the chime. It was nice gliding into my parking spot today, unbuckling the seatbelt and NOT hearing that annoying sound![/QUOTE] It realy does make parking easier. that stupid chime would always come on mid delacate manuver and i would have to stop. parinoid about the paint

[quote name='zcarmob']I just got my car back from the body shop and the seatbelt bell has been shutoff. It rings when you start the car up but other than that no more ding[/QUOTE] i guess even the people at the body shop got pissed off at it after 5 min

Well after three days since picking it up from the body shop and numerous times starting the vehicle the ding is back. Maybe since the battery was disconnected for a while the computer turned the ding off itself and today it felt it should turn the ding on today. hehe.

No. Start buckling/unbuckling as the chimes are going on. The chimes will be interrupted each time for the first few. Continue counting to 20. I believe that it would be best to count the seat belt indicator flashes as opposed to counting the mechanical actions. If the light goes out, the car knows the the buckle has been engaged, If the light comes on, it knows that the buckle has been disengaged. That should help those that might be going too fast or slow! :)

Listen.... get in you aer, and start the buckle / unbuckle as soon as the chimes start. They will go on and off as you do it.. [b]BUT ONLY FOR THE FIRST 6 TIMES[/b], because doing it 6 times is the [b]temporary[/b] disable of the seatbelt chime. It will come back when you next use the car. Push ahead, and to 20 total buckle / unbuckle. Then turn on the car. worked for me....

[quote name='rao']Yes it does, that's what I said above.[/QUOTE] I know that the original behavior came back for me when my battery died over night. I wonder if this seatbelt setting will persist for a short period of having the battery disconnected? (Like when you want to change batteries, etc.)

Archived