LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='brad21']Yeah, but you're from Houston where you might have to run for your life at any given time... :P[/quote] Is this a funnAy? If so, please expand.[/quote] Suffice it to say I've been to Houston. Buckle up.

[quote name='brad21'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='brad21']Yeah, but you're from Houston where you might have to run for your life at any given time... :P[/quote] Is this a funnAy? If so, please expand.[/quote] Suffice it to say I've been to Houston. Buckle up.[/quote] :twisted: :P Everyone always says the drivers in their cities are the worst....until they come to Houston. :lol: Remember: "Click It or Ticket"

[quote name='mhelouin']I've got an 05 GT 5MT and the dealer can reprogram the chime--they did on mine, anyway. Basically, the way it works--turn the car on. once the beeping starts, insert and take out the seat belt buckle 20 times quickly (like in 30 seconds). turn car off. repeat process. I know it sounds odd, but it works. All i get now when i start the car without the seatbelt plugged in is 4 or 5 chimes. Byers Subaru in Columbus Ohio (by the airport) is my dealership and they can explain it to you if I screwed it up. But it works. Best of luck. --Marc[/quote] I just did this and it works! Thanks! :D Now it only chimes when you first turn the key on. The light doesn't even flash anymore.

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='mhelouin']I've got an 05 GT 5MT and the dealer can reprogram the chime--they did on mine, anyway. Basically, the way it works--turn the car on. once the beeping starts, insert and take out the seat belt buckle 20 times quickly (like in 30 seconds). turn car off. repeat process. I know it sounds odd, but it works. All i get now when i start the car without the seatbelt plugged in is 4 or 5 chimes. Byers Subaru in Columbus Ohio (by the airport) is my dealership and they can explain it to you if I screwed it up. But it works. Best of luck. --Marc[/quote] I just did this and it works! Thanks! :D Now it only chimes when you first turn the key on. The light doesn't even flash anymore.[/quote] Great! I'll try that on the way home tonight... :D Just kidding... I'll wait until the car is stationary. Thanks, mhelouin! Yet another thing to add to the "Advanced user's manual".

Couldn't get it to work.. Let's clarify a little. turn on car = start car? beeping starts = first set of beeps when you start, or when it starts chiming after you've been sitting there? Turn off car = remove key? Oh, and we'll have to do this if the battery is ever disconnected huh? frckin a. Really need a 3rd party computer interface so we can play with all these variables...

[quote name='Deer Killer']Couldn't get it to work.. Let's clarify a little. turn on car = start car? beeping starts = first set of beeps when you start, or when it starts chiming after you've been sitting there? Turn off car = remove key? Oh, and we'll have to do this if the battery is ever disconnected huh? frckin a. Really need a 3rd party computer interface so we can play with all these variables...[/quote] 1) Turn key to on position-don't start. 2) After first set of chimes click seat belt in and out 20 times within 30 seconds. 3) Turn off key. 4) Repeat 1, 2, 3 again 5) Turn key off and re-start

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='Deer Killer']Couldn't get it to work.. Let's clarify a little. turn on car = start car? beeping starts = first set of beeps when you start, or when it starts chiming after you've been sitting there? Turn off car = remove key? Oh, and we'll have to do this if the battery is ever disconnected huh? frckin a. Really need a 3rd party computer interface so we can play with all these variables...[/quote] 1) Turn key to on position-don't start. 2) After first set of chimes click seat belt in and out 20 times within 30 seconds. 3) Turn off key. 4) Repeat 1, 2, 3 again 5) Turn key off and re-start[/quote] I DID IT! I think... It took me a number of tries but here's what I did: Follow the instructions above, start clicking the seatbelt in as soon as the FIRST chimes start, not the seatbelt chimes. This will interrupt the chiming process to the point they stop. Turn off key and REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION. Repeat process, remove key from ignition again. Start car and see if it worked. My little light is gone off the dash too. I wonder what'll happen with the passenger dinger now... hmm... 8)

Worked for me! I am SO glad to get rid of that rediculous seat belt chime! The important thing is that you have to go through the process as SOON as you turn the key on....like it was said before, the immediate chime is interrupted as soon as you start buckling and un-buckling. The only time it chimes now, is when you turn on the car...for 5 chimes, and then BOTH the passenger and drivers chime stops and the "idiot" lights go out. I'm glad it worked for the passenger side also. Mark 2005 Legacy Limited GT Sedan

[quote name='DAP']I'm leaving mine alone. Some friends of mine like to ride without their seatbelts on. The annoying chime forces them to wear their seatbelts. I'm happier that way.[/quote] My friends realize they should put it on by the time I reach the first stop or curve :evil:

[quote name='DAP']I'm leaving mine alone. Some friends of mine like to ride without their seatbelts on. The annoying chime forces them to wear their seatbelts. I'm happier that way.[/quote] I find it is a good reminder for my passengers as well... and I haven't had one complaint about this "annoying chime."

[quote name='-HEF-']has anyone tried this on the passenger side yet?[/quote] Once you do it for the driver's side it is indeed history for both sides... aaaahhhh the sweet sound of an unfettered boxer engine at idle. I wonder if it comes back after a battery disconnect? Anyone care to do a science project? :?

[quote name='brad21'][quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='Deer Killer']Couldn't get it to work.. Let's clarify a little. turn on car = start car? beeping starts = first set of beeps when you start, or when it starts chiming after you've been sitting there? Turn off car = remove key? Oh, and we'll have to do this if the battery is ever disconnected huh? frckin a. Really need a 3rd party computer interface so we can play with all these variables...[/quote] 1) Turn key to on position-don't start. 2) After first set of chimes click seat belt in and out 20 times within 30 seconds. 3) Turn off key. 4) Repeat 1, 2, 3 again 5) Turn key off and re-start[/quote] I DID IT! I think... It took me a number of tries but here's what I did: Follow the instructions above, start clicking the seatbelt in as soon as the FIRST chimes start, not the seatbelt chimes. This will interrupt the chiming process to the point they stop. Turn off key and REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION. Repeat process, remove key from ignition again. Start car and see if it worked. My little light is gone off the dash too. I wonder what'll happen with the passenger dinger now... hmm... 8)[/quote] Okay, so out of curiosity, I followed the above directions verbatim, TWICE and I can't seem to turn off the chimes. Here's what I'm doing: 1)Turn key to "on" 2)Immediately start the seatbelt buckle/unbuckling 20x 3)Turn key to off, remove 4)Repeat one more time and then start engine What am I doing wrong? Ken

"Repeat process, remove key from ignition again." Then reinsert the key and start the engine. This is after the second buckle/unbuckle process. Worked for me... maybe I missed some odd thing I did in between? Try rubbing your tummy and patting the top of your head? :) Don't give up, the effort is worth the silence.

Archived