LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

[quote name='"omarco"'][quote name='"Throttlejockey"'][quote name='omarco'][quote name='Throttlejockey']I thought it was 6 times within 15 seconds?[/quote] Probably you did the first 3 times in 6 seconds and that count?[/quote] I'm sure that's why. I'm going right now to search for the chime.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I found it but there's many other wires going into the unit too. It's under the panel on the drivers side. the panel is the cover above the pedals covering the steering shaft. I decided not to start unplugging connectors under there because I don't want to create another problem.

[quote name='jedimaster']There are quite a few things that the dealer can "reprogram", according to the manual. What exactly are they using to do this "reprogramming"? Is it something we can do ourselves, like turning the chirp off on the alarm?[/quote] You can use the remote to turn off the chirp on the alarm. I forget the exact sequence but it's in the manual.

Dealer needs to plug in the 'Subaru Select Monitor' computer thingie into the ODB2 port to reprogram all the stupid crap this car has. And I bet they're not trained for it and have to call Subaru tech line to do it. So if you take it in, make sure its a week day.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='jedimaster']There are quite a few things that the dealer can "reprogram", according to the manual. What exactly are they using to do this "reprogramming"? Is it something we can do ourselves, like turning the chirp off on the alarm?[/quote] You can use the remote to turn off the chirp on the alarm. I forget the exact sequence but it's in the manual.[/quote] Thanks, I do know that- what I wanna know is what the dealer does, or uses to reprogram the features of the car.

[quote name='jedimaster']There are quite a few things that the dealer can "reprogram", according to the manual. What exactly are they using to do this "reprogramming"? Is it something we can do ourselves, like turning the chirp off on the alarm?[/quote] I would be very interested to know as well. All this computerized stuff, I would think someone could "hack" it, and find out how to change those little flags that say chime mode: annoying, Chime mode: mellow, or chime mode: off. Who knows what else there is, Tire Monitor mode on... metric or imperial trip computer... STi mode on (un-detunes the motor back up to 300hp/tq.) Fun fun fun...

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan'][quote name='jedimaster']There are quite a few things that the dealer can "reprogram", according to the manual. What exactly are they using to do this "reprogramming"? Is it something we can do ourselves, like turning the chirp off on the alarm?[/quote] I would be very interested to know as well. All this computerized stuff, I would think someone could "hack" it, and find out how to change those little flags that say chime mode: annoying, Chime mode: mellow, or chime mode: off. Who knows what else there is, Tire Monitor mode on... metric or imperial trip computer... STi mode on (un-detunes the motor back up to 300hp/tq.) Fun fun fun...[/quote] The tire monitor is a mechanical system, fundamentally. I figure the STi mode on is a joke, as the STi runs more boost and a different turbo, for starters. Would but that it were so easy, however. Kevin

Thanks for all the help on this. Unlike the USMB site the "wear your seatbelt" bashing was kept to a minimum here. I wear my seatbelt, I just don't need the reminder when running to the end of the street to get the mail etc...

[quote name='brad21']Thanks for all the help on this. Unlike the USMB site the "wear your seatbelt" bashing was kept to a minimum here. I wear my seatbelt, I just don't need the reminder when running to the end of the street to get the mail etc...[/quote] I ALWAYS buckle, even what I get mail!!!11111one11

[quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='jedimaster']There are quite a few things that the dealer can "reprogram", according to the manual. What exactly are they using to do this "reprogramming"? Is it something we can do ourselves, like turning the chirp off on the alarm?[/quote] You can use the remote to turn off the chirp on the alarm. I forget the exact sequence but it's in the manual.[/quote] Thanks, I do know that- what I wanna know is what the dealer does, or uses to reprogram the features of the car.[/quote] Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. I see what you were saying now.

I recently purhased by Subaru Legacy GT. I love it. I quickly noticed the chime everyone is talking about. What I found I could do is when you initially sit in the car, latch the seatbelt. You can then unlatch the seatbelt, and as long as the car stays in park, the chime doesn't reappear. Althougth, the blinky warning light in the dashboard will still be going. This may work for ya. Good luck, jman

The chime also comes on if your front seat passenger unbuckles for some reason even when you're parked. My wife often has to do this since we have two small kids in the back seat. Scenario...kids fall asleep in the back but need clothing, blanket, toys, whatever adjusted and I pull over so my wife can reach back to do whatever needs doin'. I pull over, she unbuckles, chime goes off, kids wake up, peaceful silence is broken, Dad dreams of cold beer in fridge when we get home. Tom

I've got an 05 GT 5MT and the dealer can reprogram the chime--they did on mine, anyway. Basically, the way it works--turn the car on. once the beeping starts, insert and take out the seat belt buckle 20 times quickly (like in 30 seconds). turn car off. repeat process. I know it sounds odd, but it works. All i get now when i start the car without the seatbelt plugged in is 4 or 5 chimes. Byers Subaru in Columbus Ohio (by the airport) is my dealership and they can explain it to you if I screwed it up. But it works. Best of luck. --Marc

[quote name='Throttlejockey']No, it's 3 times in 6 seconds, it's in the manual.[/quote] That describes how the chime can be temporarily disabled - only until the car is next started. I think we're all looking for the permanent configuration change. Thanks, kenzo

Archived