LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

[quote name='Ken S']SUCCESS!! Finally! I don't even know how many times I had to try until I got it to work. I think what did it for me was to wait until the seatbelt light stopped blinking after the first buckle. I noticed that even after buckling in for the first time, it would continue to blink a few times before stopping. I waited until it stopped and then proceeded with the remaining 19x. Ken[/quote] That is what did it for me. I tried it several times with no luck. Waiting for the light to go out is what made the difference. Thanks.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Helfrick']That is what did it for me. I tried it several times with no luck. Waiting for the light to go out is what made the difference. Thanks.[/quote] Yeah, the light was what finally made it work for me. This mod adds 10hp, right? :P
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

[quote name='BernardP']So, do we have to do 2 sequences of 20 connect/disconnect or is one enough?[/quote] 2...
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

[quote name='RoundBoy']i did it [b]ONCE[/b] and it worked. I think that the people doing 2 are removing it, then renabling it. Those doing 2 and it works probably messed one up :)[/quote] Exactly...... I was just too good at it! :oops:

[quote name='RoundBoy']i did it [b]ONCE[/b] and it worked.[/quote] Drr. I only did what the instructions told me to do. I'm a follower, not a leader :D. Someone should change the instructions so people don't have to flip through 11 pages of thread. :idea:

It took me 6 attempts but I finally got it! I did one sequence of 20 each attempt. This is my first post here. I traded my Nissan 350Z Performance model for a Legacy GT Limited wagon in royal blue pearl. I don't miss the Z at all! It's a much friendlier atmosphere here than at MY350Z.com.

Sooooooooo..... :roll: I believe I am doing everything according to the latest explanations on this thread, but it doesn't work. Just one question for now. After the 20th belt connection, do you disconnect the belt before turning the ignition off or do you turn the ignition off and then disconnect the belt? Thanks

1) Sit in car 2) with key, turn car to ON /ACC (DO NOT START) 3) IMMEDIATELY start hooking / unhooking the seatbetl 20 times in 30 seconds 4) turn key to off 5) remove key 6) start car Maybe some of the final steps are not needed... but this is exactly what i did.. ONCE and it worked.

Grrrrrr ! It still doesn't work for me. I can't believe it... What about the 30 seconds overall time. Is it critical? When the seatbelt light has gone out after the first belt connect, do you do the other 19 as fast as you can to finish within 30 seconds, or do you go at a slower pace, each time acknowledging that the seatbelt light turns on, then off? (this takes more than 30 seconds overall)

After each time you connect the seatbelt, WAIT until the seatbelt light turns off completely. The first one takes a few seconds until the light stops blinking. Subsequent ones should turn off immediately. Don't worry about the 30 seconds, just get 20X correctly. Ken

[quote name='BernardP']...seatbelt use is compulsory in Canada...[/QUOTE] That sounds just like the People's Republic of Massachusetts. We have a law for everything. The next thing you know they'll be telling us how much butter to put on our toast. Keep trying man - fighting city hall works - let the proletariat unite!

Guest bossies1
Wow, thanks for the de-chiming tip! It worked fine on my US spec 2.5i (on the 2nd try). We always use our seat belts, but the chime is really annoying when getting in and out to check maps or just sitting with the key on.

Archived