LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

I can see a business taking a hard line. If an employee isn't vaccinated, for whatever reason, it puts other employees at risk. Does the business risk every employee for the benefits of one or two?
Well, if you are at an organization that takes federal dollars, the federal mandate applies - where I work literally has no choice but to follow the rules, so to speak. Personally, I don't see why an adult wouldn't want to get vaccinated, but I think folks should be allowed to do their own risk assessment and do what is right for them. At one point, they were talking about if you weren't vaccinated, you'd need to do weekly tests, mask, etc. - but when the executive order came out, that's not an option - unless you have a medical exemption (which from the saferfederalworkforce site, is if you have been shown to be at risk for anaphylaxis from one or more constituents of the vaccine) you have to vaccinate. Religious exemptions are silly if they are going to make you take leave without pay until "the pandemic is over" that's obviously not really an exemption... they haven't said what they are doing for that where I work yet... probably will soon. What I think is crazy is that even if you worked 100% from home and never set foot on site, that's still not good enough.

myself, I'm vaccinated so am not really concerned about being around unvaccinated individuals. I was hoping if we got over some threshold - say 90% - they'd let us revert to normal... sadly no.

What is the tipping point? What needs to happen to revert back to normal?

Definition of 'normal' here: No mask mandates.

We've all been asking much the same question - we actually went back to normal just before delta took off with no masks, then they had us mask back up. When the powers that be were asked when we are at near 100% (after December 8th) will we be able to remove the masks then, and we were told they weren't sure yet... so there's that. It's just silly.

(New Mexico is one of 7 states that still have state-wide mandates at the moment... so no idea if they will let us unmask once the state mandate runs out (November 12th, I think))

I think I remember when the delta variant took off. It was a brief period of a couple weeks where no mandate was here in WA, if I remember correctly.

Do you mean nearly 100% vaccinated? And do you mean before Dec. 8th of 2020, or 2021?

This is silly. WA falls under 1 0f 7 states too.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I'm back. :)

According to county health department, Im cured. Going for a retest in a few days to be sure, but I feel better. My wife's family has only 2 sick and both are nearly well.

We still don't know how we got infected.

Wife has a lingering cough but it negative on retest. I have lingering fatigue but a recently detected heart issue causes the same symptom, so maybe benign?

According to county health department, Im cured. Going for a retest in a few days to be sure, but I feel better. My wife's family has only 2 sick and both are nearly well.

Wife has a lingering cough but it negative on retest. I have lingering fatigue but a recently detected heart issue causes the same symptom, so maybe benign?

Good news! The vaccine does keep you out of the hospital. I hear you still get bad symptoms like a bad flu.

---

6 months would be next weekend for me, so I guess we'll see if they open it up to the general public between now and then. I'm out in the shop every now and again, maybe I'll try to pass myself off as a manufacturing worker...

Do you mean nearly 100% vaccinated? And do you mean before Dec. 8th of 2020, or 2021?

This is silly. WA falls under 1 0f 7 states too.

Yup - whatever 100% less the number of medical exemptions is (which sounds like they will be difficult to get after talking to some folks going after one) will be our vaccination rate once they terminate everyone who isn't vaccinated.

The deadline for most federally funded places is December 8th of this year you have to be fully vaccinated which is 2 weeks after your last shot (so just over 6 weeks from now - so for Moderna, you would need to get your first shot no later than Wednesday of this week, if you get Pfizer, first shot needs to be Wednesday of next week, and J&J is November 24th)

good to hear yall are doing better

moderna is coming under flack for causing rare heart disease for men under 30.

https://www.westernjournal.com/sweden-suspends-moderna-shot-indefinitely-vaxxed-patients-develop-crippling-heart-condition/

not a medical journal. Science still working on details while news makes it look bad.

I am all for news but it lost me at vaxxed.

Looking at what this publication is I found their Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Journal

Of course all “vax” are bad.

Please be careful what source you cite. Someone may take it seriously.

If you want to partake in posting more links like this I suggest you join the PA.

I’m not a moderator just calling it how I see it.

---

I am all for news but it lost me at vaxxed.

Looking at what this publication is I found their Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Journal

Of course all “vax” are bad.

Please be careful what source you cite. Someone may take it seriously.

If you want to partake in posting more links like this I suggest you join the PA.

I’m not a moderator just calling it how I see it.

deleted. Guess I'm still recovering. Usually I'm better at digging in.

The source you cited did include a link to the original CDC report, released 10/29/20121: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm?s_cid=mm7044e1_w

The headline probably should read: Vaccination offers more than 5x better protection than a previous COVID-19 infection. That's highly significant.

Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thanks I needed that. The internet many years ago was great, for true information, research, but nowadays it is based on some person's agenda and the facts be damned.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is good for the Soul.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

The internet many years ago was great, for true information, research, but nowadays it is based on some person's agenda and the facts be damned.

Always look for links to primary sources, which may overwhelm you with data but do allow you to make up your own mind. Beware those "news" reports that don't cite any source references.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png