LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

We need to get to at least 70%, and right now we're hair over 50, more outreach is needed for the holdouts. Guilt them into it if that's what it takes by sharing stories like the link above. If we can get half to come around we should be in a better position than we are now.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

So it’s just a matter of time until they all F themselves. The question is how long and how much collateral damage is too much.

IHME is projecting a moderate increase in the death rate over the next month, staying that high for a month, and then a long gradual decline. So several more months.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=daily-deaths&tab=trend

No idea how confident they are in that projection. Or how confident anybody else should be. :) I've been looking at their projections on and off for about a year but I never thought to take screenshots or notes to see how accurate they were.

Where I am (SE Florida) I see more and more people getting vaccinated. I go into places that administer vaccines often (supermarkets, pharmacies) and it seems there is always a line of people waiting for a vaccine.
---

I wouldn't really give a damn about the antivaxers if we had the hospital (and morgue) capacity to deal with them, but shit like this just pisses me off:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-hospital-icu-bed-shortage-veteran-dies-treatable-illness/

This was my main concern since the early stages of the spikes here in the US. Preventing preventable deaths like this case shouldn't have been a problem, but the fact is that many of the COVID ICU cases are amongst the unvaccinated and are taking up much of the ICU bed capacity. This veteran should not have died.

People who have had covid should probably be exempt from the vaccine mandates. Most covid cases are probably undocumented though, and you just know that if that loophole opens up there will be millions of people using it... and then clogging up hospitals and ICUs.

According to news here the best effect against the delta variant is if you have had the original variant and then the two vaccine doses.

And most of the people ending up in ICU here are the unvaccinated.

453747.png

According to news here the best effect against the delta variant is if you have had the original variant and then the two vaccine doses.

And most of the people ending up in ICU here are the unvaccinated.

Probably something to this, there is similar data for the J&J vaccine showing the benefit.

Where I am (SE Florida) I see more and more people getting vaccinated. I go into places that administer vaccines often (supermarkets, pharmacies) and it seems there is always a line of people waiting for a vaccine.

That's really good to hear. Florida has almost 1/5 of the daily covid deaths in the US, which is crazy. Stay safe out there.

That's really good to hear. Florida has almost 1/5 of the daily covid deaths in the US, which is crazy. Stay safe out there.
Florida has the rare distinction of being the only state with more deaths per day now than at any previous peaks.

Florida has the rare distinction of being the only state with more deaths per day now than at any previous peaks.

Winning!!!

But it looks like northern Florida is more at risk. A lot less

Vaccinated people up there.

---

Its going to **** my Dec Disney :mad:

You’ll be ok. Just make sure to reserve all park attendances ahead of time. I’ve been to Disney a few times with mask mandates and it’s not bad. It was actually great with less people. But I have a feeling they will be at capacity come December.

---

You’ll be ok. Just make sure to reserve all park attendances ahead of time. I’ve been to Disney a few times with mask mandates and it’s not bad. It was actually great with less people. But I have a feeling they will be at capacity come December.

When I booked it was 1/2 or 1/3 capacity im worried it will fill up come Dec and no mask mandate.

**** Florida :cool:

When I booked it was 1/2 or 1/3 capacity im worried it will fill up come Dec and no mask mandate.

**** Florida :cool:

You can always stay home. We will not loose any sleep, either way.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is good for the Soul.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Wearing face masks, particularly surgical masks, is truly effective in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in community settings, finds a new study led by researchers from Yale University, Stanford Medical School, the University of California, Berkeley, and the nonprofit Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA).

https://news.berkeley.edu/story_jump/largest-study-of-its-kind-finds-face-masks-reduce-covid-19/

453747.png

2 top FDA officials resigned over the Biden administration's booster-shot plan, saying it insisted on the policy before the agency approved it, reports say

The US Food and Drug Administration announced the resignations of two top vaccine officials on Tuesday, and reports said the two were leaving in anger over the Biden administration's plan to roll out COVID-19 booster shots before officials had a chance to approve it.

Dr. Marion Gruber, the director of the FDA's Office of Vaccines Research and Review, and her deputy, Dr. Philip Krause, plan to leave the FDA in October and November. BioCentury first reported the news on Tuesday.

In a letter announcing the resignations obtained by the biotech-industry publication Endpoints, Dr. Peter Marks, the director of the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, praised the pair for their work during the COVID-19 pandemic. He didn't give a reason for their departures.

But sources told Endpoints and Politico that Gruber and Krause were upset with Biden administration's booster-shot plan. The administration announced last month that most people would be offered a COVID-19 booster shot about eight months after vaccination.

One former senior FDA leader told Endpoints that Gruber and Krause were leaving because they felt that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was making vaccine decisions that should have been left to the FDA and were upset with Marks, the leader of their division, for not insisting on the agency's oversight.

The source said the final straw was the Biden administration's announcing the booster-shot plan before the FDA had officially signed off on it.

A former FDA official told Politico that the resignations were tied to anger over the FDA's lack of autonomy in booster planning, while a current official told the outlet that the pair were leaving over differences with Marks.

When asked about these reports on Tuesday, Jeff Zients, the White House's coronavirus czar, said the decision to start booster shots "was made by and announced by the nation's leading public-health officials" including the acting FDA commissioner, the CDC director, the surgeon general, the director of the National Institutes of Health, and others.

"Having reviewed all of the available data, it is in their clinical judgment that it is time to prepare Americans for a booster shot," Zients said.

He said the administration had "also been very clear throughout that this is pending FDA conducting an independent evaluation and CDC's panel of outside experts issuing a booster dose recommendation."

The FDA, Gruber, and Krause did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• 2 weeks later...

The comment section is pure gold. All the anecdotal stories of a brothers cousin’s sister in law father who got drugs sneaked into the hospital to a dying relative and they are 120% now!

Like you can just waltz into a Covid floor and give medicine to people without anyone noticing!!!

---

What really needs studying is the number of people who get hospitalized after not wearing masks in a social event indoors. Because the effects of standing outside yelling about anti-vacxing & anti-masking have been well-documented.

Girl has covid on my daughter's soccer team. Practice tomorrow is cancelled, team pictures and game on Saturday are also cancelled. She practiced with her last Wednesday and she as wearing a mask

Girl has covid on my daughter's soccer team. Practice tomorrow is cancelled, team pictures and game on Saturday are also cancelled. She practiced with her last Wednesday and she as wearing a mask

could have gotten it in the meantime. either way, sorry to hear

Is your daughter going to quarantine or go for testing?

Sucks dude, cant wait for the kid shot