LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

I'm curious about the flu. More specifically how it compares to COVID-19 in all facets. Starting with hospitalization rates and death rates. Which of course, can help us in our evaluation of the effectiveness of the flu vaccine using the confirmed positives. Masking for the flu. Social distancing for the flu. And any other preventative public health measures taken (or not) in preparation for the flu.

If it hasn't been done so, the numbers should be compared. Please come back here with what you have/will find.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Well, Covid-19 is our version of the Spanish Flu (which didn't come from Spain b.t.w.).
The real truth is the Spanish Flu origination is still unknown because of lack of information during the war. So your statement is not fully accurate. Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Reminder to all:

If you have something political to say, take it to the PA.

If you have something anti-social to say, take it to the PA.

If you just want to argue, take it to the PA.

If you have something bigoted or racist to say, find another forum!

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

No need for turkey to get some COVID at my house LOL.

Wife is fully vaccinated and got it. I’m fully vaccinated and as of today my cold like symptoms have come with a new and exciting feature: loss of sense of smell and limited taste! Hooray! At least it’s just cold like symptoms otherwise.

Wife is fully vaccinated and got it. I’m fully vaccinated and as of today my cold like symptoms have come with a new and exciting feature: loss of sense of smell and limited taste! Hooray! At least it’s just cold like symptoms otherwise.

Can as well eat cardboard then. :p

Just hope that the smell comes back normal, some people gets a messed up sense of smell where everything smells/tastes like crap.

453747.png

Is this your fist time getting it or did you get it before? What shot did you get?

I had it and I lost my sense of smell and taste for two weeks. The first day I had it the worst was a super stuffy nose. On the third day I lost my sense of taste and smell. No other symptoms. The worst was not being able to smell anything.

Good luck with your recovery!

---

Is this your fist time getting it or did you get it before? What shot did you get?

I had it and I lost my sense of smell and taste for two weeks. The first day I had it the worst was a super stuffy nose. On the third day I lost my sense of taste and smell. No other symptoms. The worst was not being able to smell anything.

Good luck with your recovery!

First time having as far as I know. Got two doses of the Moderna vaccine.

So thus far the Moderna vaccine is 0% effective at preventing COVID-19 at my house. :lol:

Fortunately being as I’m fully vaccinated I didn’t have to report close contacts, and unless I get really sick I have no plans to get tested, nor tell my shit heel employer who will hold me from service without pay.

Yeah I think the vaccine is made so that if Covid had a chance to kill you it lowers it. Same as the flu vaccine. Covid is here to stay for the long run. The only question would be what variant did you catch? Or is it the Delta variant the only one going around now?
---

No idea which variant. To be honest I don’t care.

Slept just fine last night, just have some sinus congestion. No fever, no sore throat, no body aches, no trouble breathing. If this were merely a cold, it would be a mild one at this point.

If vaccines and the upcoming pill essentially make this like a cold, that’s not a terrible result I guess.

How are you guys still getting covid if you mask up, are vaccinated and social distance? Are you not practicing what you preach or do you think rules only apply to unvaccinated?

I don’t wear masks, and don’t consider COVID-19 to be a tremendous threat to my life.

I got vaccinated because I judged the risk of side effects to be very low, and data showed it to be effective at the time at preventing COVID-19, and in breakthrough cases to reduce the risk of needing hospitalization, or death to virtually nothing for someone in my age group.

As for social distancing please tell me how to social distance from my 4 year old son? He tested positive the day after he was coughing spittle in my face because 4 year olds are little barbarian disease factories. In general I practice social distancing because I don’t like other people I don’t know, and that was before COVID-19.

Stop being a pussy and go live your life. I finally got COVID-19 having made virtually zero effort to avoid it, and as expected it’s not some life altering disease. It’s a cold that has reduced my sense of smell.

I am not going to bother getting tested like my wife did, because they made no effort to treat her. She asked about monoclonal antibodies and was told she wasn’t “sick enough”. OK, we’ll clearly COVID-19 isn’t dangerous enough to treat for her, so it’s not dangerous enough for me to get tested or quarantine. **** it, I’ve got shit to do anyway.

Well it will. But it can't land here starting Monday. This shit's never going away. I (believe) I had COVID Turkey Day 2019 (where I avoided attending that time out of typical caution for family), and based on symptoms and antibody positivity in May 2020. This Thanksgiving gathering was abandoned suddenly when my brother was exposed at work to a case from one of his several unvaccinated co-workers turned up sick and PCR positive. Just the planet using one of it's many tools to keep the overpopulation at bay. Time to head to the moon; lots of oxygen in the regolith I hear...

Too late for an exodus now. All we can do is to ride this one out and don't f'in take long vacation trips.

Looks like the Omicron variants has combined three different mutations, and I hope it hasn't picked up some HIV or Ebola stuff on the way.

Maybe it wasn't an asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, but it just contributed... "I'm doing my part"

453747.png

• 1 month later...

I refuse to put on winter tires because:

• It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.

• The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (like I’m supposed to trust them).

• My neighbor Bob had an accident even after putting on winter tires.

• Some drivers are already on their 3rd set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.

• We do not know what the tires are made of.

• The tire manufacturers scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.

• In fact, I read on the internet that the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.

• If I have winter tires, the government can track me in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!

This year, I say no to winter tires!

453747.png