LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

Source? Context? Even if true, one data point does not refute the broader trend.

Note: If you can't (or won't) cite primary sources to substantiate claims like this, I'm going to start referring you to the PA, which is where posts like these belong.

At this point, the Pfizer vaccine has undergone the full standard sequence of "clinical trial" protocols, and has been approved for use (in the U.S.) for people age 12 and older. It is not "experimental." As is common with new vaccines, follow-up studies continue, in an effort to quantify the gradual loss of effectiveness with time and to identify any long-term effects (good or bad) of the vaccine.

I saw the numbers with my own eyes through the hospitals network. There's not someone writing an article and fact checking shit. You guys can cite whoever and whatever you want but I KNOW what I saw is directly from that hospital. Given your response, nothing I said will be considered valid because there's not an article confirming it and fact checkers saying that it is indeed true. I know you guys are used to getting smoke blown up your asses but I'm being 100% straight with you guys.

I'd like to see the real time numbers of the overwhelmed hospitals. Not saying it's a lie but at the height of covid, our local, level 1 trauma hospital was empty. 2/11 ventilators were in use. It was actually the best time to break your leg. A normal 8-9 hour wait was down to 30 min- 1 hour.

I think some places realigned their facilities to take care of covid patients, while other facilities were kept as they were - a facility configured to deal with trauma like say "physical damage" is not really where you want to be handling infectious diseases. I think it's definitely appropriate to keep facilities like that doing what they do best because everything didn't stop due to covid - folks are still getting hurt!

Many hospitals are for-profit - so there isn't the incentive to keep beds open "just in case" - we have run into no/low beds many, many times pre-covid when dealing with issues for my daughter. covid definitely exacerbated the problem, but the underlying issue has been there for many years.

So what you're saying is lockdowns flattened the curve?

Don't we already know this? All of the actions taken (lockdowns, masks, etc.) have helped slow the spread and flatten the curve, right?

I mean, you know that, and I know that, but it seems like there are still some folks out there who don't.

Where I was ultimately going with that statement is that stats showing low ICU bed occupancy during the initial lockdown 18 months ago don't refute reports of full ICUs today. Of course there are going to be fewer people filling up the ICU if we're doing the exact thing that prevents people from ending up in the ICU.

... nothing I said will be considered valid because there's not an article confirming it and fact checkers saying that it is indeed true. I know you guys are used to getting smoke blown up your asses but I'm being 100% straight with you guys.

Take it to the PA.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I think some places realigned their facilities to take care of covid patients, while other facilities were kept as they were - a facility configured to deal with trauma like say "physical damage" is not really where you want to be handling infectious diseases. I think it's definitely appropriate to keep facilities like that doing what they do best because everything didn't stop due to covid - folks are still getting hurt!

Many hospitals are for-profit - so there isn't the incentive to keep beds open "just in case" - we have run into no/low beds many, many times pre-covid when dealing with issues for my daughter. covid definitely exacerbated the problem, but the underlying issue has been there for many years.

Maybe some places but not here. Odd you say that because they also have a cancer center next to where they treat gun shot victims. Many hospitals are not for profit. Any outstanding money at the end of the fiscal year gets spread out amongst the employees.

It's hilarious how many of you pretend to know wtf you're talking about, when in reality, you have zero idea. You guys would be embarrassed if you realized how wrong you were. Again, I'm not here for approval, carry on.

Maybe some places but not here. Odd you say that because they also have a cancer center next to where they treat gun shot victims.
so you're saying general hospitals didn't realign to handle larger volumes of covid patients they were facing? really? no steps had to be taken to maintain isolation, etc.? none at all? perhaps they didn't in delaware, but they absolutely did elsewhere.

Many hospitals are not for profit.
absolutely - there are many that are for-profit and many that are not - you do understand that "many" is a different word than "most", right? that you can have many of more than just one thing?

Also - all hospitals - for-profit and non-profit alike - have to worry about financial viability.

It's hilarious how many of you pretend to know wtf you're talking about, when in reality, you have zero idea. You guys would be embarrassed if you realized how wrong you were. Again, I'm not here for approval, carry on.

So what is your relationship with hospitals?

Do you work at one?

That's it's - I had a typo in my original.

It's a weird read. It's sad, vindicating, anxiety inducing.... really a wide range of feelings and thoughts.

Really shows the damage social media can do. A lot of these people probably would've been vaccinated in a normal world, but thanks to fake social media news, they chose freedom....to die.

The saddest part to me is how many of them are parents. Yeah, it was bad last year when 70+ year old grandparents were dropping dead from covid. But it's even more sad when 40-60 year old parents are dying this year because social media has convinced them the vaccine is dangerous.

Edited by stm25rs

mil passed away sunday. in the ensuing family drama, it turns out one of the family had covid and nearly everyone has a cold. not everyone is vaccinated. so now we're testing test facilities and strength of vaccination.

bil tested on monday, resulted positive wednesday

his wife tested wednesday, resulted inconclusive today.

both used a swab yourself facility. going back in for professional testing today.

me? spent quality time with the "lost my sense of smell/taste a few days ago" bil.

my wife wasn't sick before but now is. we're hoping its a cold.

we went to a professional test facility yesterday. anxiously waiting on results. quarantining in our house.

Searching for at-home treatments. and trying to not freak out. :)

my risk factor just went up. Close contact bil is positive. well shit

Edited by boxkita