LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

mil passed away sunday. in the ensuing family drama, it turns out one of the family had covid and nearly everyone has a cold. not everyone is vaccinated. so now we're testing test facilities and strength of vaccination.

bil tested on monday, resulted positive wednesday

his wife tested wednesday, resulted inconclusive today.

both used a swab yourself facility. going back in for professional testing today.

me? spent quality time with the "lost my sense of smell/taste a few days ago" bil.

my wife wasn't sick before but now is. we're hoping its a cold.

we went to a professional test facility yesterday. anxiously waiting on results. quarantining in our house.

Searching for at-home treatments. and trying to not freak out. :)

That sucks! I had Covid in March. I lost my sense of smell/taste fro two weeks. Had some joint pains and a slight headache. I had the vaccine 90 days later. Only thing is that I have been prone to more allergies since I got Covid. I never suffered from allergies.

Hope for the best for you and your family.

---

This virus has demonstrated that we are all genetically individual. Since we don’t yet know why a subset of folks get really sick and/or die, this is an opportunity to learn more about the immune system and maybe its genetic predisposition. Or we could just surrender to the conspirators claims. Eric Clapton is no longer “god”

family news continues to get worse. Everyone who didn't get both doses is infected. We think the sil who works with my wife picked it up at work (she works with a large group of anti-vaxxers).

My wife tested positive today. She's in isolation for a week. Then re-test.

I hope it works out well in the end.

453747.png

wife seems to be getting better. we'll retest on friday.

the 2 anti-vaxxers are still sick and in denial. stubborn is a family trait.

I've lost my sense of smell and taste in the last 24 hours. Went in for another test today.

more news from sil's workplace: once you have been home 7 days, you no longer have covid and have to come back to work; or take unpaid time off.

On positive note, the allergy to my huskies that Id had overcome is back and worse.

So at work we now officially have a mandate with the "or what" spelled out if you aren't vaccinated by the deadline - that would be termination. We have a pretty high rate (just shy of 90%) but that leaves around 1600 people who are not vaccinated. I know a couple (one is a clear medical exemption, others have personal reasons) - I expect things to get uglier as we approach the deadline... they haven't said what the folks who get a medical exemption will have to do, nor have they said for religious exemptions (another lab granted religious exemptions but you have to take leave without pay until the pandemic is over! wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing here)

So at work we now officially have a mandate with the "or what" spelled out if you aren't vaccinated by the deadline - that would be termination. We have a pretty high rate (just shy of 90%) but that leaves around 1600 people who are not vaccinated. I know a couple (one is a clear medical exemption, others have personal reasons) - I expect things to get uglier as we approach the deadline... they haven't said what the folks who get a medical exemption will have to do, nor have they said for religious exemptions (another lab granted religious exemptions but you have to take leave without pay until the pandemic is over! wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing here)

not really an exemption if you become unemployed (unpaid leave)?

I can accept if there's medical exemptions, they have a valid reason and shouldn't be penalized for being physically unable to take the vaccine.

For religious reason it's just a choice and if the religion for some reason ranks higher than a vaccination you'd need a different job. Having a job isn't a right.

453747.png

That is a big assumption that non vaccinated= super spreader.

Why not assume unvaccinated has had the Chinese Virus which they are already have natural immunity. Here another assumption the vaccine is leaking and the vaccinated are the super spreaders. For information purposes I had 3 sticks plus Flu.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is good for the Soul.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

That is a big assumption that non vaccinated= super spreader.

Why not assume unvaccinated has had the Chinese Virus which they are already have natural immunity. Here another assumption the vaccine is leaking and the vaccinated are the super spreaders. For information purposes I had 3 sticks plus Flu.

If you can show me data on the vaccinated leaking virus, and mutated versions, I'd be happy to listen. It could be possible, but without further study, it's just a possibility. What we do know is that vaccines reduce the chance of more serious symptoms and hospitalizations. Preliminary data where I work has observed that the vaccinated tend to not spread to others (unvaccinated or otherwise).

kind of hard to buy into the theory of the vaccinated leaking the virus.

Current numbers of ppl dying from covid being unvaccinated on vents seems to suggest the vaccine is working as designed.

Watching media (scripted?) suggests anti-vaxxers clump together ensuring their herd immunity is always under pressure.

If you would like to test your herd immunity, I can pull the garbage bag of my wife's snot and send it to you. Feel free to wipe your noses with it. The only leaks you'll find will be in the bag

He and his wife were just infected with a disease that's killed what, 740,000 people in this country so far, by someone who had the same mindset as you- his response was a lot more polite than mine would be, if I found myself in his shoes.

Speaking of "classy", kindly check the "Chinese virus" crap at the door, please and thank you.

So my results just came. I have covid. And it's abnormal. So guessing I have delta or some other mutation.

Each day has been worse. yesterday huskies & I managed 5 miles at a slow walk only stopping once. Didn't sleep much at night. Today I feel like a weight is on my chest and wheezing. Still having itchyness and other allergy symptoms.

I chew a stick of gum every day now as a test for taste/smell. It's normally a strong flavor. Now its just the mechanics.

Heading out for a walk.

for the naysayers, come visit. I'll see yer bs and raise you the denial of your vent.

If I end up in the hospital...

So my results just came. I have covid. And it's abnormal. So guessing I have delta or some other mutation.

Each day has been worse. yesterday huskies & I managed 5 miles at a slow walk only stopping once. Didn't sleep much at night. Today I feel like a weight is on my chest and wheezing. Still having itchyness and other allergy symptoms.

I chew a stick of gum every day now as a test for taste/smell. It's normally a strong flavor. Now its just the mechanics.

Heading out for a walk.

for the naysayers, come visit. I'll see yer bs and raise you the denial of your vent.

If I end up in the hospital...

I had the original Covid and it sucked. I feel like my respiratory system is more compromised now. Anyway I know his sounds like an old remedy but what really helped by breathing was rubbing vap-o-rub underneath my nostrils. Like on top of my upper lip. For me the menthol really helped even though inc look kid not smell it.

I really hope you get better. Maybe look for monoclonal treatment?

Sending you good thoughts and that you and your wife come out good out of this!!

---

It wasn't a conclusion. It was a statement that unvaccinated doesn't necessarily give vaccinated COVID. Most of my family came down with COVID including my 93 yr old father and we were all vaccinated.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆