LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

So I had two trips cancelled this week as a result - a conference in TX and a project meeting in CA... has anyone on here come down with it yet? official info indicates it's not a big deal unless you have a compromised/weak immune system - so same deal as influenza.

Saw that South by Southwest was cancelled in Austin (ouch for the locals) so figured cancellations will be the new normal for a bit - I believe the main goal is to limit progression, which makes sense...

Anyway - for information, please go to official sources like the CDC or your local department of health, rather than the media.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html

At work they have basically cancelled all travel and all physical meetings with external people have to be approved.

It's also recommended to bring the work laptop with you home in case they close down premises for physical access.

453747.png

My employer has no plan at all. Which doesn’t surprise me, I’m sure that they would like older employees that cost more to provide healthcare to would die. This is an excellent way to make that happen.

The only guidance we have been given is no foreign travel, then the rest is essentially at our discretion... I imagine that will change this week. Given how easy it is to use videoconferencing, the impact should be pretty minimal in the office (some folks really like the face to face, though...)

It's admirable to try and stop the spread, but given that the folks who really shouldn't travel are going to travel anyway, the spread seems pretty inevitable.

Suppose to take the family on a Cruise from NY to the Bahamas on the 29th of this month. I can't leave since State Department and my Agency refuse to let me travel. We canceled the trip lucky I took the insurance. My boss lost 75% of the money he suppose to fly to Greece in the up coming weeks. My co-worker suppose to fly to Louisiana next week and he cancel his trip as well.

Now I can get called any time thru the night or weekend to come into work. I got temporarily bumped to Tier I (Emergency 24hrs) from Tier III (non emergency/non-teleworking). Now all the top WH personal was or coming to my Agency. This week been a nightmare just like the last Ebola patient our agency had. This one is allot worse and there screening pretty much every one that comes on the campus.

Edited by amusa

Girlfriend and I were planning to visit her family in upstate NY in a couple weeks, for her niece's baptism.

Girlfriend works at Johns Hopkins, and they just announced travel restrictions for employees, both for work and personal travel. Entire state of NY is on the restriction list.

We're still going to visit my son at Fort Bragg at the end of the month. Third grandchild was just born last month.

Our state just shut schools down for the next three weeks. I tried to get off work to start vacation early, but no luck.

They have closed schools in Albuquerque for 3 weeks starting Monday, as well. NM has also apparently outlawed gatherings of more than 100 people in a closed space... this is going to really whip folks into a panic, I imagine.

Work has pretty much cancelled all travel more officially now, and for meetings we are supposed to make sure we allow for 6 feet of separation between attendees...

Went to the grocery store - it's almost comical - everything seems pretty normal except for the toilet paper/paper towel isle, which has been scoured clean... makes you wonder what people were using before...

It's not like non-essential things like Water and food, TOILET PAPER, You just gotta have it. You needz it

ineed-toilet-paper-5354488.png

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/WB-Auburn-Toilet-Paper-MEME.jpg

It's like the dude is looking into the car parked next to his to see if he can steal more Toilet paper.

coronavirus-toilet-paper-emergency-experts-explain-why-it-happened.jpg

http://www.shutupandtakemymoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/corona-virus-costco-toilet-paper-meme.jpg

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Staff got tested positive (another department). This staff works in the lab not with patient in the same building. My wife was spraying me and the whole entire house with Lysol disinfect yesterday after she found out about one of the staff that got tested positive thru my phone (It was blowing up all day yesterday).

"Irony of the Week" award: The millennial-journalism site TMZ reports that one of the legal brothels in Nevada has announced that it will now require all clients to wear surgical masks.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

you sound like an old person

No offense intended. Do you not agree that Millennials comprise TMZ's target audience demographic?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png