LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Also I'm questioning what you mean by disabled? How does he know it was disabled. My understanding was that ap tunes are locked down and you aren't able to really see the tuning options itself. It's possible to misfire without a check engine light.

Hell I didn't get a check engine light when I spun a rod bearing and it sounded like a gremlin was under the hood and that was the stock tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said the feedback knock went crazy then the turbo went. When they tore it down the valve seal in cylinder 3 was shot. Apparently they removed the tune and flashed to stock, it was showing codes for misfiring in 2 cylinders. This is all information from the shop who did the work so don't know how accurate it is.

He messaged to give me a heads up that his CEL was disabled because we were tuned by the same guy. I'll have to try and get more information.

My rod bearing also spun without a CEL, towards the end it was really bad. Surprised me it never popped up.

Hell I didn't get a check engine light when I spun a rod bearing and it sounded like a gremlin was under the hood and that was the stock tune.

Same thing happened in my case. No lights but she sure wasn't happy. Mine was on a Cobb Stage 1 tune, not that that should have had any bearing on the......bearing. [emoji848] Car ran fine and then it didn't.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Also I'm questioning what you mean by disabled? How does he know it was disabled. My understanding was that ap tunes are locked down and you aren't able to really see the tuning options itself. It's possible to misfire without a check engine light.

Before my car was built, it smoked and sounded like death, but I could drive it around with no check engine lights also. I have a Pro tune and my codes all still show up.

He said the feedback knock went crazy then the turbo went. When they tore it down the valve seal in cylinder 3 was shot. Apparently they removed the tune and flashed to stock, it was showing codes for misfiring in 2 cylinders. This is all information from the shop who did the work so don't know how accurate it is.

He messaged to give me a heads up that his CEL was disabled because we were tuned by the same guy. I'll have to try and get more information.

My rod bearing also spun without a CEL, towards the end it was really bad. Surprised me it never popped up.

That seems like an odd thing for a tuner to do since it requires more work not less. Not that it's really that much more work.

I can't think of any logical reason why that would be an intentional thing the tuner did but maybe reach out and ask? Or if you're really concerned, go ahead and get it retuned elsewhere. Just because it doesn't make sense that someone would, doesn't mean they didn't.

The other possibility I can think of is that you can changed where the ecu recognizes knock. The stock tune has it count knock signals at really low load and rpm which can cause false knock readings from clutch rattle, brake calipers, all sorts of things. So it's common to raise it some (as I understand it) so the ecu doesn't register it as actual knock until a higher load or rpm level.

If you raised it really high up then you could be having knock (or misfire) at full load and not trigger anything.

D’oh! Karma got me quick for my humblebrag on the last page. Mere hours later I blew my radiator on the way home. Replaced once in a pinch within my ownership six years ago and didn’t get a choice besides a plastic and aluminum combo. Looking to replace w all aluminum and just spoke to a Mishimoto rep. And Rally Sport Direct. Relayed that their fitment is strictly for MT and they don’t make an external cooler for an AT. D’oh d’oh! Didn’t find much with a browse thru a giggle search of radiator and lgt.com specifically about auto trans. Koyo maybe? Any info/exp appreciated.

I went down the path of looking at a Koyorad back when my engine was being rebuilt and it, too is manual only. They say to use an external cooler with their radiator if you buy it for an AT car. I have the Derale thermostat (13011) and Hayden external cooler (676). This setup is running through the original OEM radiator and has performed great. Could not tell you if it would be sufficient without the OEM built-in AT cooler but judging by Koyorad's suggestion, it is possible (maybe just size up the cooler to biggest one that'll fit)

Cleaned out the engine bay a little. Kind of nerve racking, so many electrical connections and vacuum lines but everything went smooth and it ran fine after.

Would you guys buy these injectors? They are DW 850cc I found on the marketplace. My tuner suggested I upgrade for the next round so I've been looking around. Was going to go with 740's but don't see any harm in going bigger, especially being cheaper than buying new.

From what the seller said they haven't been installed since cleaning/testing but it was back in 2019. They are still sealed in plastic. Is the variance ok on these?

picture.php?albumid=2831&pictureid=13022

Cleaned out the engine bay a little. Kind of nerve racking, so many electrical connections and vacuum lines but everything went smooth and it ran fine after.

Would you guys buy these injectors? They are DW 850cc I found on the marketplace. My tuner suggested I upgrade for the next round so I've been looking around. Was going to go with 740's but don't see any harm in going bigger, especially being cheaper than buying new.

From what the seller said they haven't been installed since cleaning/testing but it was back in 2019. They are still sealed in plastic. Is the variance ok on these?

Hard to say without knowing what kind of car you're putting them into.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

D’oh! Karma got me quick for my humblebrag on the last page. Mere hours later I blew my radiator on the way home. Replaced once in a pinch within my ownership six years ago and didn’t get a choice besides a plastic and aluminum combo. Looking to replace w all aluminum and just spoke to a Mishimoto rep. And Rally Sport Direct. Relayed that their fitment is strictly for MT and they don’t make an external cooler for an AT. D’oh d’oh! Didn’t find much with a browse thru a giggle search of radiator and lgt.com specifically about auto trans. Koyo maybe? Any info/exp appreciated.
Contact CSF Racing and check if they build one.

Speaking of cleaning up the engine bay, I needed a little meditation today and the crime scene was the obvious choice. I almost never have useful tips to share so lemme throw this out there: baby wipes work well for this application. And a basting brush w a small spray bottle of water.

270ca92e33c9da3363326e1a10070624.jpg

Before

51ef1bc86e8b71c06332f1d418dcd381.jpg

After

Speaking of cleaning up the engine bay, I needed a little meditation today and the crime scene was the obvious choice. I almost never have useful tips to share so lemme throw this out there: baby wipes work well for this application. And a basting brush w a small spray bottle of water.

270ca92e33c9da3363326e1a10070624.jpg

Before

51ef1bc86e8b71c06332f1d418dcd381.jpg

After

Nice job. I almost forgot what the engine bay looks like with the engine cover on.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

The last set of injectors I had serviced came with two notes.

-Must be installed within 30 days of service due to them drying out, via the service provider

-We don't tune aftermarket serviced injectors, in fact we only trust Injector Dynamics units, via my local tuning shop

Contact CSF Racing and check if they build one.

No dice there, either. Appreciate the heads up. One last potential source or oem it is after all. Going for aluminum with an external cooler and thermostat is just too steep atm.

740s are plenty for that turbo

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

You run it through the fender that goes through a hole into the car. I just did it two week ago. It is not for the light hearted. :lol: But you see barley any wire but some for the battery power wire and fuse.

The weird thing is There is a space for the wire to sit in even, there are 2 hoses on n/a and a holder for a 3rd, run along that and down to the spot near the brake, seems both places are horrible to run through. Does anybody know about the new Seicane Android unit for the legacies? They make a upper mounted radio for a factory looking install. Im probably going to do that instead of the other option getting the bezel and i88.

I have an '06 GT with 193k. Pandemic allows for more time for things that should be done. Recently pulled the injectors (OEM) to have them cleaned. Based on what i've read here and these results I'm only using the big brand gases from now on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=293186&stc=1&d=1630766136

1977505268_2006subarufuelinjector.thumb.jpg.226a446a7228e426fcbe96c79700ecf8.jpg

last week i installed tein flex coilovers. the improvement on the road and circuit is better than expected, the mass transfer balance under aggressive braking is osom.

On the other hand, performing on bad pavement in my city is not funny, really hard on potholes.

Can anyone share with me the A and B setting of the tein flex coilovers for the best performance in town? If it doesn't improve comfort, I consider buying in Japan tuned by STI bilstein with STI pink spring and forget about coilovers :(

Enviado desde mi SM-A515F mediante Tapatalk

19763148f3736c4d9abab71843a06ca9.jpg