LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

The drive train and brakes will bolt right up. I will need control arms, knuckles, and a few other bits from an 06-07 WRX to make it work. Those parts are pretty easy to source in the NW. Everything else will bolt right in. I had pretty good agreed value coverage on the wagon so I have a healthy budget if I want to build one.

But that's not a wagon. I thought you said you have enough small fast cars?

Good call on the wagon coverage, I actually need to do this as well.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Don't have pics but thought id share, Bought the 250~ dollar dna motoring exhaust for 2007 n/A had vibrant 1794 welded in sounds and fits as expected. will be fixing exhaust hangers. Also LC2i pro with forward and reverse harness off factory stereo, 4 channel amp, and a sub amp i put in, full component speakers infinity reference up front and some new old rockford speakers from the early days. All i will say about amps in these cars is there is no space whatsoever to run wires on side of seats, and ran 4ga through un-used port through the spot next to brake booster which is a major pain, going through the blanket on the other side of the firewall was fun.

As per usual, topped off the oil. Just broke 242k. New clutch from 4 mons and approximately 11k miles crapped out.. Emailed ACT and am waiting on reply.

On another note, is it possible to just get the throw out bearing for a TSK3 kit? Or do I have to buy the whole thing...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Update... not a bad clutch but this. Posted in the 4th gen specific forum as well. Runs, drives like it should after replacing the axle and seal..

Clues?ddb9f5e93053bd4885e44caccf214cb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Don't have pics but thought id share, Bought the 250~ dollar dna motoring exhaust for 2007 n/A had vibrant 1794 welded in sounds and fits as expected. will be fixing exhaust hangers. Also LC2i pro with forward and reverse harness off factory stereo, 4 channel amp, and a sub amp i put in, full component speakers infinity reference up front and some new old rockford speakers from the early days. All i will say about amps in these cars is there is no space whatsoever to run wires on side of seats, and ran 4ga through un-used port through the spot next to brake booster which is a major pain, going through the blanket on the other side of the firewall was fun.

You run it through the fender that goes through a hole into the car. I just did it two week ago. It is not for the light hearted. :lol: But you see barley any wire but some for the battery power wire and fuse.

Started tearing my cubby for a permanent BtSsm display and oil pressure gauge. Gonna probably relocate my clock/trip computer to the ashtray while I'm at it.

Have a decent idea of what I want, we'll see how well I can execute it though.

First time in 8 years of ownership that the tailgate supports wouldn't hold up the tailgate. What's the preferred replacement, generic rockauto?

I bought Amazon ones, at the time they were cheaper than Rock Auto. Well, there's some valving going on inside that will allow them to open about 3/4 way at normal speed then the other 1/4 at a snail's pace sometimes on cooler days, and on warmer days they'd act like OEM.

I'd probably go with Rock Auto or a junkyard if you're OK with that.

Finally got my 2015+ STi steering rack in! Took the car around the base of Mt. Rainer today in PNWdrives Mt. Rainer Road Rally. Can confirm this is an upgrade to Outbacks for sure. Super pleased with the steering feel.

2015 STi solid steering u-joint (pictured above below) does NOT fit on Outbacks with subframe spacers. I posted this is Underdog's rack swap thread, but in the case that some stumble upon it here and not there, you read it here.

IMG_4453-min.thumb.JPG.b4c4b29860abb2f8e3aff17f04c12214.JPG

Edited by Febreze Mee

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Replaced both inner CV boots on the front axles. This was a surprisingly easy install and took just a couple hours over the course of 2 days. It was a mess with tons of rags and brake cleaner involved but the new boots and grease are in. Short test drive confirmed no new sounds or issues

IMG_7684.thumb.jpg.e9f3bd09dec45d62e48c999fc1b36714.jpg

IMG_7689.thumb.jpg.4efc5451def4565890855c48dc33426e.jpg

IMG_7697.thumb.jpg.c4a8fe72e3d63ae6e4bdf6084b92108d.jpg

Anyone recommend an oil pressure gauge? Not loving prosport stories and not trying to spend +$200

I went with all innovative motorsport gauges. The Oil one is like 180 give or take. They are top quality. I always thought Prosport were on the cheap side, but to each their own. I went with their higher quality gauges. I love them so far.

Got a quick question, would anybody mind taking a photo of how the front kick plate trim on the passenger side is mounted? It's the plastic trim piece along the door and under the glovebox. I took mine off a year ago and just am getting around to putting it back. Not sure if the bracket that sticks out goes under the carpet or over it.

Thanks!

Edited by finsta

Got a quick question, would anybody mind taking a photo of how the front kick plate trim on the passenger side is mounted? It's the plastic trim piece along the door and under the glovebox. I took mine off a year ago and just am getting around to putting it back. Not sure if the bracket that sticks out goes under the carpet or over it.

Thanks!

This guy? (pardon the mess)

FtdjUWH.jpg

b4f9afe0483056ebb1132c982a3ed7b6.jpg

In the words of the venerable Ice Cube, “Today was a good day.”

Is it common for tuners to disable the check engine light in the instrument cluster? A friend of mine got his LGT tuned by the same guy as me and apparently his was disabled. Was misfiring and had no idea.

If it was disabled would the AP still pick them up?

Is it common for tuners to disable the check engine light in the instrument cluster? A friend of mine got his LGT tuned by the same guy as me and apparently his was disabled. Was misfiring and had no idea.

If it was disabled would the AP still pick them up?

They shouldn't disable a misfire code. There's no on off got the entirety of the light, you'd have to disable each individual code.

Tgv, catalytic converter, and secondary air pump codes would be regular ish codes to disable but anything beyond that would be a no no imo.

I only know open source but I imagine ap is the same way. If you turn off the code it wouldn't store it but not show it. You've told the ecu not to even register it is my understanding. If you are getting knock it would show in a log or in your learning view. (Not sure if you can pull a learning view with the AP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I'm questioning what you mean by disabled? How does he know it was disabled. My understanding was that ap tunes are locked down and you aren't able to really see the tuning options itself. It's possible to misfire without a check engine light.

Hell I didn't get a check engine light when I spun a rod bearing and it sounded like a gremlin was under the hood and that was the stock tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk