LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Looks like the SSL/TLS Certificate for the site expired 20 minutes ago; hopefully an admin can get that updated in the near future.

Yeap. Ran into this just now.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Took it in for the alingment yesterday and even with the fancy bolts, they can't get the rears into spec and want to line me up with the Whiteline KTA124 and then charge me for another alignment.

I can't get PIA to answer to phone to see how much it would be for them to do the work, and then I could get a 3 year alignment, next door at BTC, for less than Regal wants to charge me for the second alignment.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Sooo bummer. No production date for mps4s in 245/35/18 so I either go to 235/40/18 or pick another tire. Thoughts?

Too slow. I ordered the MPS4S in 235/40/18. Its just a hair narrower, it'll be fine. No more super-meaty setup. At least i know they wont rub! These will go on with the aluminum suspension parts and an alignment in October.

Edited by Code
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Found a great deal on a new 2015-2017 STI rack from a nearby Subaru dealership in Ohio - cheapest I've seen online. Should get here in a couple days and I'll install it this weekend. The rebuild route was considered but the quick ratio was too good to pass up. I'll have a used rack for rebuild if anyone wants it - she leaks. Likely just have to pay shipping. Thank you again to Underdog for the detailed thread!

Took it in for the alingment yesterday and even with the fancy bolts, they can't get the rears into spec and want to line me up with the Whiteline KTA124 and then charge me for another alignment.

I can't get PIA to answer to phone to see how much it would be for them to do the work, and then I could get a 3 year alignment, next door at BTC, for less than Regal wants to charge me for the second alignment.

SC

Funny, I had this exact same experience when I took mine in to get the rear aligned last year. I have that offset bolt as well from Whiteline and the tech was having a hell of a time dialing in the rear with it. He, too suggested just getting the KTA124 kit and doing it proper. He got me close but not exactly where I wanted on the rear-end alignment. I'm holding off on the KTA124 kit for now and seeing how tire wear goes

Found a great deal on a new 2015-2017 STI rack from a nearby Subaru dealership in Ohio - cheapest I've seen online. Should get here in a couple days and I'll install it this weekend. The rebuild route was considered but the quick ratio was too good to pass up. I'll have a used rack for rebuild if anyone wants it - she leaks. Likely just have to pay shipping. Thank you again to Underdog for the detailed thread!

I hope you have better luck than I did. I tossed my OE non-leaking rack in the dumpster. I could not give that thing away. Just sat on the market place for months. I would get a couple flakes here and there, but never anyone even remotely serious.

I also got the 2015 rack minty-fresh from Subaru on my build.

I hope you have better luck than I did. I tossed my OE non-leaking rack in the dumpster. I could not give that thing away. Just sat on the market place for months. I would get a couple flakes here and there, but never anyone even remotely serious.

I also got the 2015 rack minty-fresh from Subaru on my build.

I bought a lower mileage lgt rack from pdxammo a while back to replace my leaking outback rack. Guess I'm an outlier though. Would have done sti but with vdc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got to log in after like too long...i was going through withdraw. In other news i need to replace my old valve cover breather lines. The old ones are cracked and all the blow by oil seeps out all over my new undertray and cleaned motor. Didn't take long

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

I can post now!

I did finally get in contact with PIA, and supplying my own KTA124, and having the shop next to them do the alignment will save me a few hundred over paying full price for the KTA124, and I'll be getting a 3 year alignment instead of a 6 month (workmanship only) alignment.

SC

Edited by Smithcraft
I will never order from Import Image Racing again!

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Amm do you mind sharing the vendor you used for the sti rack?

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/subaru-gear-assembly-34110va121

$651 delivered to my front door. Arrived in 2 days with no damage at all. Local Subaru dealer wanted over $800 for me to pick one up - wtf

Edit: I originally found one from a Subaru dealer down in Florida for close to $635 delivered but they cancelled my order due to worrying about it getting damaged during shipping. Seems this requires a mix of searching for local and cheaper dealers to order from to get the best deal

Edited by amm203

I too was afraid of the worst. I wonder if it's worth compiling all the good information into a wiki which would likely be easier to search and organize. Maybe add it to the list of things I'll never get to.

I just hate being pointed to this "amazing and detailed diy" and it's from scooby mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured the forum was gone forever and have gotten started on a heroin addiction in earnest.

Back in the dial-up days there used to be those apps that would download the whole website on your PC's hard drive and make the copy work locally. iirc I used Web Spyder or something like that. Was uber useful with my US Robotics 14400 modem :cool:

Anyone need OEM carpet mats in almost new condition? Will be putting them in classifieds for free (just pay shipping).

Also should have OEM rubber all weather mats, but the driver ones has a hole under right foot - their typical weak spot. Also free.

On non-Subaru news, received my 12 blues CDs from Endless Blues Records. Good night sitting here listening to music in headphones when house is quiet.