LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Getting my full audio system install in a week or so, get my new TS-5 wheels for winter, and getting my custom headlights made. it's been 3 months, they should be very classy.

Can you expand on this? What, who, where, how much?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Welp, I totaled my wagon last night. Was out for a spirited drive with friends and lost the back end coming around a corner. I emerged unscathed miraculously. Wagon is definitely done for. Very sad day. I am completely devastated. 10 years of ownership, hundreds of hours of work, all gone in a heartbeat. Drivetrain is still healthy. It will live on in something. Not sure what yet.

Welp, I totaled my wagon last night. Was out for a spirited drive with friends and lost the back end coming around a corner. I emerged unscathed miraculously. Wagon is definitely done for. Very sad day. I am completely devastated. 10 years of ownership, hundreds of hours of work, all gone in a heartbeat. Drivetrain is still healthy. It will live on in something. Not sure what yet.

I'm so sorry man, glad you are OK!

I had a similar experience with my old Honda a long time ago, lost the back end coming in way too hot around a corner. Almost took it off a huge cliff coming out of Yosemite. It really reshaped my driving style on public roads.

Seriously, glad you are ok, I don't even know you personally but my jaw dropped when I read this.

Noooooo.... glad you're ok...I'd be interested in that 6 speed swap though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edited by tocinoman25

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Can you expand on this? What, who, where, how much?

I did all my doors with JBL stadium 6.5 speakers, Ran all my power wire and rca wires, I have the JDM DD kit and haz button, Pioneer DVD 7 inch screen, 5- channel NVX amp to run the doors and sub, might just buy the JL audio amp and have a spare, I have my new 2 ohm JL W3-V3 sub. The car will not distort, when I turn it up.

JL subs are made for clean clear bass, not the truck killing, plate banging stuff. Just the JBL doors on stock unit sound soooo Great! the amp will really set them off. If I do not like the door, I will upgrade to JL doors.

I usually go all JL audio, but with talking to some reps and amp builders, you would be surprised that most of the amp are made in the same place just have a different look and name on them. My audio setup always sound so good, people always comment of how clear and nice it sounds.

Say it ain’t so. Your wagon was a serious inspiration on these boards. Echoing others, glad you made it home safe. I can’t even ‘thank’ a post about a sick ass wagon’s demise. Keep us posted on your new direction, your build did and will continue to serve as an example of clean modding done well. Feel your pain.

Damn that sucks bad. Hopefully you can find a shell to transplant to.

Sorry to here this Gex! And I'm glad your all intact! Your car was one of a kind and no doubt one of the cleanest in country. I recognized it immediately after Kyle showed pics of it to me the first time. I chose my wheel & tire setup bc of you. Wishing you a speedy recovery from this accident, and looking forward to the next horse you add to the stable!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

It's been quoted enough but ughhhhhhhhhhghhghghhhghgghhgghhgvg

Ughhhh that sucks so bad. Life throws so many curve balls and we take them soo many different ways. But I hope whatever shape fills the wagon void in your life we get to see and hear about it on these boards.

Wagons>sedans

So sorry to hear Ben, most important you're well!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Did the GReddy survive?:)

Thank for the condolences all. I am still just besides myself about this. I have 5 other cars 2-5x what the wagon is worth and yet I would trade any of them to have it back. I ugly cried in my truck today over it. I’ve had close relatives pass away and shed less tears.

The GReddy did not survive.

51402078107_6559232af0_c.jpg

Already been said, its been quoted a lot. As a wagon sympathizer, this hurts to read. Find a 4 speed auto with solid shell to swap everything over to. The 4 speed has the same trani mounting points as manual. Save the heart! raise a new wagon!

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

@Gex

I know those feels, the ugly cry and all. My first Daytona Shelby, first turbo car and it was lost in an accident 2 weeks after buying it. Needless to say, I still have one, parts from it live on in my current one. As for my LGT, I can't imagine what a mess I'll be.

Glad you're good physically.. reach out if need be..

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Already been said, its been quoted a lot. As a wagon sympathizer, this hurts to read. Find a 4 speed auto with solid shell to swap everything over to. The 4 speed has the same trani mounting points as manual. Save the heart! raise a new wagon!

Second this. Find a clean USDM 08-09 Legacy Wagon and swap the stuff over. I am willing to chip in with spare parts and such.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

One of the worst things I've read in a minute. Feel terrible for you man. I'd say get another one too, but I'm sure it wouldn't be the same.

I lost control of mine the other day too, luckily the road was clear.

818 would probably need correct year wrx in addition to the lgt engine. Or have they made it able to accept more Subaru parts? Last I knew it had to be a wrx and not even an sti from that year range.

The drive train and brakes will bolt right up. I will need control arms, knuckles, and a few other bits from an 06-07 WRX to make it work. Those parts are pretty easy to source in the NW. Everything else will bolt right in. I had pretty good agreed value coverage on the wagon so I have a healthy budget if I want to build one.

The drive train and brakes will bolt right up. I will need control arms, knuckles, and a few other bits from an 06-07 WRX to make it work. Those parts are pretty easy to source in the NW. Everything else will bolt right in. I had pretty good agreed value coverage on the wagon so I have a healthy budget if I want to build one.

That sucks man, I hope you get back into another one, but if not I hope you go to something on a different platform that is better. If mine goes down, I will move to an R35.

Thank for the condolences all. I am still just besides myself about this. I have 5 other cars 2-5x what the wagon is worth and yet I would trade any of them to have it back. I ugly cried in my truck today over it. I’ve had close relatives pass away and shed less tears.

The GReddy did not survive.

51402078107_6559232af0_c.jpg

Bummer ,I'm amazed every time I drive it how good this exhaust sounds with out being obnoxious.

Sorry for the reminder, it's okay to get choked up, ever since I had my daughter I've become a crier even when happy.

Bummer ,I'm amazed every time I drive it how good this exhaust sounds with out being obnoxious.

Sorry for the reminder, it's okay to get choked up, ever since I had my daughter I've become a crier even when happy.

Yeah what is this crap!? I just wanted to watch toy story and somehow I need tissues? I don't usually do this but I need to speak with the manager...

My son turned one last week. Stay away from Rain Man, at all costs.

On topic: grabbed some pop-its for the engine bay and oil flap, and a bulb for my reverse tail light. Same guy that gave me a free battery last time. Threw him a dub on lunch and he roundly refused it. I insisted.

There was also an Outback XT sitting at the stealership w a cardboard sign on front: don’t move, no transmission. Gex? Donor shells are out there to get the ghost back in it. Someone suggested an 08-09 Legacy wagon, however they weren’t mf’d after 2007. Outback XT was available as a manual wagon until 09. Lowered XT w single color code is pretty sick, imho.