LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

[ATTACH]295547[/ATTACH]

I keep getting this thing ready to sell, and it keeps reminding me why I put all the pain into it in the first place.

Just buttoned up the interior from swapping the frankenstine modified 2008 radio with a 2009 HK one, using the speaker level outputs strait into the MS8 just like the OEM amp. Wish I'd done this years ago, it sounds amazing now :spin:

What's the going rate on these things right now anyway? I'm seeing from $1500 to $12K :confused:

depends on condition and seller patience. I'd come get everything for $2k

Thread coming soon for my wagon suspension rebuild (and general ownership log). But in the meantime, and recommendations on getting a full front lower control arm to bolt up? I bought them all afternoon and am stuck.

I can get it close and get a nut on the ball joint, but nothing else is lining up. Thoughts?

14960ABB-A76D-4E23-8E93-C3D31637A104.thumb.jpg.bb4a6ec8a37abfe5986b7b3c526f6f59.jpg

C08DD743-1D46-4AC3-9888-7C85F866A718.thumb.jpg.c35661ced7cd4634f8a3168c4d213473.jpg

The car is dirty but new (to me) summer wheels went on tonight. Going to sell this winter setup (XXR 521's) and use the stock wheels in the winter going forward. 18x8 Raijins poke just a tiny bit on the front (last pic). 5mm spacers in the rear. 100% stock suspension. Better pics in sunlight. f790f4d469a293e046defc00915e1d90.jpg05e0849ef2e5068d997a8223ba685628.jpg452d3598c5e2ec3965c6a5d5e33a3eee.jpgaffc71b7034d4fc44f2b853469f63c22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

I just finished (or so I thought) installing my EDM center console. It has been really difficult finding all the pieces but damn it looks good..... Then I turned on the illumination. Blue?!?! That's not what I signed up for. After a lot of research I found that only the Legacy S402 in Japan got the red LED rings in the cupholders. Strange considering that every LED in the car is red then they pull a 180 and go with blue only for the cupholders.

S402 parts are harder to find than the regular JDM Legacy parts and therefore more expensive. Since I've already spent a lot on this project and all I want is a different color LED I'd be very interested in just swapping out the LEDs if that's an option. And hopefully this will help others in the future. It would even be worth doing a writeup on.

I just need some help getting started. The input to this circuit board is your standard 12v from the car. I think LEDs usually run on 2-3v from what I see on Amazon. Does anyone here know how to read resistors? I can't figure out the meaning of the stripes and don't even know which is the left or right side of the resistor. If someone can tell me more about this resistor and therefore what voltage the LED is running off of that would help me choose the correct voltage red LEDs. To my eyes it looks like gold, red, orange (could be yellow), brown. And what's the thing on the other side, a fuse?

239273423_EDMconsole8.jpg.437e96537ad294f001e9a5d186e0cc1c.jpg

1395265324_EDMconsole9.jpg.c324da5303f9b609a720bbd665673961.jpg

970768998_EDMconsole10.jpg.2cbdead06722bd5636e3e4eaecd94719.jpg

195030640_EDMconsole11.jpg.f2239a10c170752828360ef2a3d703c7.jpg

I just finished (or so I thought) installing my EDM center console. It has been really difficult finding all the pieces but damn it looks good..... Then I turned on the illumination. Blue?!?! That's not what I signed up for. After a lot of research I found that only the Legacy S402 in Japan got the red LED rings in the cupholders. Strange considering that every LED in the car is red then they pull a 180 and go with blue only for the cupholders.

S402 parts are harder to find than the regular JDM Legacy parts and therefore more expensive. Since I've already spent a lot on this project and all I want is a different color LED I'd be very interested in just swapping out the LEDs if that's an option. And hopefully this will help others in the future. It would even be worth doing a writeup on.

I just need some help getting started. The input to this circuit board is your standard 12v from the car. I think LEDs usually run on 2-3v from what I see on Amazon. Does anyone here know how to read resistors? I can't figure out the meaning of the stripes and don't even know which is the left or right side of the resistor. If someone can tell me more about this resistor and therefore what voltage the LED is running off of that would help me choose the correct voltage red LEDs. To my eyes it looks like gold, red, orange (could be yellow), brown. And what's the thing on the other side, a fuse?

Looks to be a 1.3 kOhm resistor. I use this site frequently:

https://www.calculator.net/resistor-calculator.html?bandnum=4&band1=brown&band2=orange&band3=blue&multiplier=red&tolerance=gold&temperatureCoefficient=brown&type=c&x=105&y=19

I finally got around to replacing my starter. When the car would get hot it would malfunction. Random symptoms like half crank and just spin, just spin, crank over 3 revolutions then just spin, etc...

Also got to install my STI pedal covers. All I have to say is that a little lube goes a long way.. 1d891348e35052154f29d29833eade5e.jpg

Gold Enkei RPF1. Anything else is second place. Mine are running around Hawaii on a black wagon. Reward money if you find them...
Those RPFs are over played. Everyone in New England runs those wheels. Gimme BBS style wheels like my knock off ASA Ar1s.. that's where's it at!

If they don't fit Brembos and come in a 17, are they even wheels?

At least they're OZ lol

I've spent the last 20 years watching sportscar racing so the general BBS style on GT cars influences what I think I want to spend my money on. Unfortunately I do not have BBS money. I do generally like the rfp1, but I feel much like the te37 I would rather spend my scarce resources on something different.

And if you have a different experience or opinion than yore just wrong. :lol:

I also think RPF1s are over-played. They're on everything! I would love my next wheel to be Ray's 57CR in Gunmetal Blue. My holy grail wheel for this car would be OZ's Evo Chronos (in silver) that you saw on the Group A Castrol Celica (ST205) that Sainz drove in 1993.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Not for the legacy but my Impreza has been misfiring in cylinder 2 and it's pointing to a valve from my leakdown. The engine as somewhere around 250k miles and burns oil so I bought a used motor from a local wrecker. I pulled the heads from the wrecker and saw they were already refurbished so I sent them to a local shop for cleaning. Fast forward to today when I decided to get the block ready for reassembly and noticed some scoring on 2 and 4 in the right light. I emailed the wrecker and I'm hoping for at least a partial refund so I don't have to eat the cost of the engine + rebuild. Depending on what they say I may just send it since it's for my non-turbo daily. 6ef4d09ce174741241e81185ceacadc0.jpgbd3a3950b874ba49c31dc7609cfedc5a.jpgacf6ac23b941ee23d789f5cda634cb59.jpgf983316a3907eaacabfa536ea8051ed2.jpg

Planning my JDM headlight swap. In the meantime a main bulb burned out. I had 65W OSRAM which are discontinued. Went with their 55W Nightbreaker lasers which was closest they now make. I was very surprised at the difference.

After a little searching i found a small outfit that produces a 65W H7 as a replacement for the original OSRAM in case anyone out there is interested.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

I have before and after pics but getting a failure when trying to upload. (each is jpg, 2.4MB and 4000x3000 which seem to fall into the parameters) Help welcome.