LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

So you bought Kip's wagon? Nice.

Today I did a leakdown test on my Impreza because I've had a slight misfire on cylinder 2 on cold starts. The results point to exhaust valve issues on 2/4. I'm struggling with where to go. The shortblock has "219k" on it (probably more since it has been lifted for about 6 years). I can replace heads for cheap but I'm thinking of just getting a junkyard longblock.

Also, I found a 2015-2020 WRX 6mt for $750 locally. I'm really trying not to spend the money on it.

Do it.. see my thread in the transmission section... 750 is cheap! Mine cost me $1100, then again because of my job I also got a decent deal too!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Did spark plugs (Stock and gapped @ .028 NGK 6619 in liue of the 1 step colder sent by Crawford - Per Mike at TA). Checked all fluids. Looking good. Installed DEI Titanium pipe shield to protect that poor CV boot - see pic. Cleaned a few chassis grounds while I was in and copying Max installed a couple 12ga extras off the passenger head to the frame rail. Old braided guy has seen better days - see pic. Zip tied as many vacuum lines as I could find (had hoped to have a better shot at this with the intake off....didn't work out like that). Test drove and parked. See my build post. Chasing a bit of a gremlin. b2a346682edebb4e92291d0f541c567b.jpgee768f7487cafe466569d45cd38fb4a0.jpg627b884e603837aba3996dd10c0f8e65.jpg910eb4bab0fef40c665c4f0195f739b9.jpg

I bought a used longblock for my sohc non-turbo from B&R Auto Wreckers. I'll buy a new gasket set and refresh everything before swapping. I'll also have to drill the LH head for the egr port because I have 05 and bought 04 because it was the only engine locally I could find that I trust.

I also agreed on $700 for a 2015-17 wrx 6mt with 56k miles. I'll need to buy shifter mechanism and stuff but that'll be fun.

I bought a used longblock for my sohc non-turbo from B&R Auto Wreckers. I'll buy a new gasket set and refresh everything before swapping. I'll also have to drill the LH head for the egr port because I have 05 and bought 04 because it was the only engine locally I could find that I trust.

I also agreed on $700 for a 2015-17 wrx 6mt with 56k miles. I'll need to buy shifter mechanism and stuff but that'll be fun.

Man, 750$ is a nice deal! I want to do this now. speed limit here in Utah on the freeway is 80mph. 3400rpm is getting old...

And I bought it. $700 for a 2015 wrx transmission. Need cables and shift assembly.
Ebay! I got my entire assembly, shifter, cables, shifter box, even the boot for 200 plus tax...

Unless you know someone parting a car out.. [emoji28][emoji28]

Ebay! I got my entire assembly, shifter, cables, shifter box, even the boot for 200 plus tax...

I bought a shifter from a local wrecker and requested the cables too. It may have been a too good to be true price on the shifter ($90) but the picture shows what appears to be a grimmspeed shift knob so that may be nice.

Now I have to offload some other parts I've had for a while because I was going to refresh my transmission. I have a brand bew center diff and other bearings.

I bought a shifter from a local wrecker and requested the cables too. It may have been a too good to be true price on the shifter ($90) but the picture shows what appears to be a grimmspeed shift knob so that may be nice.

Now I have to offload some other parts I've had for a while because I was going to refresh my transmission. I have a brand bew center diff and other bearings.

I am wondering if this wrx trans uses the same center diff.

Pulled the engine on my 05 legacy 2.5. Also did timing belt/components and a lot of other seals and gaskets. Old radiator hose was leaking like mad once I put it back on because it had hardened to its previous shape. Started the car and drove it around the block but I’m waiting on more coolant to come in the mail because the nearest dealer to me is charging ridiculous prices for one jug of coolant. This is the biggest task I’ve ever taken on myself so I will be constantly checking for leaks and issues until I am confident that there aren’t any. Hopefully I can get many more trips out of her.f0aee742eaaf9fec1fa3412f98f5764a.jpg

0870c173c8e79a2d42d0d46842ab681b.jpg

f483d5b48a72376dffe21de48a74c8da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled the engine on my 05 legacy 2.5. Also did timing belt/components and a lot of other seals and gaskets. Old radiator hose was leaking like mad once I put it back on because it had hardened to its previous shape. Started the car and drove it around the block but I’m waiting on more coolant to come in the mail because the nearest dealer to me is charging ridiculous prices for one jug of coolant. This is the biggest task I’ve ever taken on myself so I will be constantly checking for leaks and issues until I am confident that there aren’t any. Hopefully I can get many more trips out of her.f0aee742eaaf9fec1fa3412f98f5764a.jpg

0870c173c8e79a2d42d0d46842ab681b.jpg

f483d5b48a72376dffe21de48a74c8da.jpg

**I meant to add that I pulled the engine to do the headgaskets+Resurface+Head studs

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy two brand new axles from raxles. Sick of the el cheapo reman axles that don't last and tend to vibrate after a while.

That's what I did for my front two axles, didn't want to mess around with it.

That's what I did for my front two axles, didn't want to mess around with it.

btw, how many miles on them now? And have you ever had to change a torn boot? They say they cover these but then I'd have the car down for several days vs. a couple of hours if I do it myself. But then, if they ever click or whatever, warranty would be void. Catch 22..

and here im thinkin 1700 on ebay is a steal. I need to get on Facebook Marketplace so I can source one local for cheap. Glad I didnt accept offer. Whew...

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Today i received a used muffler from japanese Legacy Tuned By STI (PN ST4430021001). Unfortunately to install them I wait for the end of Covid lockdown in my city. :(

276d5e22-73f9-4690-81d6-ab9ebf0d39df.jpg

a08c8b13-50e9-4f82-b4a7-1b09bccffeac.jpg

Do these bolt right on? Or do you need to make modifications to the Y pipe?