LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Wanted to get the wagon out for a spring time ride. Apparently the battery died after sitting in the garage for 2 months. Trickle charging did not help much. Next step is to clean the contacts, try charging it again and make it to the shop to get new Interstate battery.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I, too, did some cone dodging this weekend.

I'm going to need to figure out a good solution for adjusting the konis in the rear. Probably need to cut out some of the trim to get access and get an extended adjuster 3d printed? Dunno yet.

4C4D7F28-1F10-468C-9D38-DA4B41A8F51F.thumb.jpg.04ff55da40bf9fbd3f04d5bfe2f10ee8.jpg

Edited by tehspud

Wait, wut?!? You let your wife drive your car? :)

My wife has her own Legacy, she know never to dive any of my cars. Even the daily driver. She cannot drive 5MT or does she have the patience. She does way to much in the car to be able to drive my car.

Ordered rear King Springs KSRL-29 back in December from Primitive.

King couldn't get them over the Pacific to Primitive.

Primitive was great, offered a refund or I could wait, so I waited.

They finally came in today, so it was install time.

IMG_9302.thumb.jpg.bc6f3b563090e7acf585acc76cd9bb8e.jpg

The coils are definitely thicker than the STi pinks and more tightly packed.

I had a 1/2" spacers on the pinks to get the rear to sit where I wanted, but it couldn't handle a full load and roof box when I do long trips with my sons.

I put on new KYB top hats for the rear on the king springs and she's basically sitting where the pinks + 1/2" spacer were.

IMG_9303.thumb.jpg.b8c19fe6f8c0dd0ba432906b5fbf36ed.jpg

I :wub::wub::wub: this car

I just want to drive...

IMG_9297.thumb.jpg.409bc874973b1c38c87ac37ca746c68f.jpg

Not for the legacy but my Impreza has been misfiring in cylinder 2 and it's pointing to a valve from my leakdown. The engine as somewhere around 250k miles and burns oil so I bought a used motor from a local wrecker. I pulled the heads from the wrecker and saw they were already refurbished so I sent them to a local shop for cleaning. Fast forward to today when I decided to get the block ready for reassembly and noticed some scoring on 2 and 4 in the right light. I emailed the wrecker and I'm hoping for at least a partial refund so I don't have to eat the cost of the engine + rebuild. Depending on what they say I may just send it since it's for my non-turbo daily. 6ef4d09ce174741241e81185ceacadc0.jpgbd3a3950b874ba49c31dc7609cfedc5a.jpgacf6ac23b941ee23d789f5cda634cb59.jpgf983316a3907eaacabfa536ea8051ed2.jpg
Well the wrecker would only give me a $200 credit. I started the additional tear down on the ej251 block and I'm glad I didn't just send it. The #1 rod bearing was trashed and would create absolute carnage (probably on the first start). I dropped the block off at the machine shop for boring 0.5mm and potentially a line hone/bore. I'll buy two sets of main/rod bearings to get everything in spec. When I mic'd the crank all journals were in spec. The rod bearings were all at the limit of 0.0020" but these were with the original bearings so standard size should still be ok but it's always good to buy a set of undersized too just in case.

b01813fd612035931118b5908419eff6.jpgb02d3585ad49f2a32f63acaa751c9b00.jpg1efe04a119a34fdd4b86af260d51e25c.jpg

Car is in the shop at work. Getting a list of stuff done as I don't have the time to do it myself. Timing belt set was almost 3 years old and the small roller was starting to fail. Thank heavens I'm good about preventive maintenance. Between that, control arms front and rear uppers, gas tank, L/R brake line and some other suspension stuff, I'll have a like new car again!3078cd260d0a6db4d76065f6a0dae8e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

It's more of a what I bought.....3 gallons of STP synthetic diesel oil in 5w40. Brotella just isn't happening right now. It was $26/gl. Not bad.

3c419da30a778ff4aafa78526c7944e6.jpg

Edited by whitexc

Just did a full detail after terrible weather.Tomorrow she's getting a new clutch w/ the pdm snout sleeve, new brembo rotors and pads all the way around and a new thermostat.

Just put a new timing belt on as well, it still had the factory belt with 140k miles on it. Still looked great. (Pictured below)47fa02f9c0c2245d37ec084e4cf56eed.jpg6489816bcb22300fe21757edcab197ba.jpg08e80c650d225eea11e65f3f3b68cb3b.jpgf0b6480cb646131c929e07d5b86bab49.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Edited by Spec-Beast

Just did a full detail after terrible weather.Tomorrow she's getting a new clutch w/ the pdm snout sleeve, new brembo rotors and pads all the way around and a new thermostat.

Just put a new timing belt on as well, it still had the factory belt with 140k miles on it. Still looked great.

Looks great!

Did you replace the pulleys as well when you did the timing belt? They really need to be done.

The toothed pulley in particular will eventually seize, shredding the timing belt and most likely bending valves and requiring a rebuild.

Looks great!

Did you replace the pulleys as well when you did the timing belt? They really need to be done.

The toothed pulley in particular will eventually seize, shredding the timing belt and most likely bending valves and requiring a rebuild.

Sure did. Pulleys , gates belt and water pump.

Edited by Spec-Beast

It's more of a what I bought.....3 gallons of STP synthetic diesel oil in 5w40. Brotella just isn't happening right now. It was $26/gl. Not bad.

3c419da30a778ff4aafa78526c7944e6.jpg

Yep. Can't find brotella anywhere either :mad:. It's been months now.

Went ahead and bought some 5w40 synthetic Valvoline oil. Hopefully, the engine won't explode :spin:

Ordered rear King Springs KSRL-29 back in December from Primitive.

King couldn't get them over the Pacific to Primitive.

Primitive was great, offered a refund or I could wait, so I waited.

They finally came in today, so it was install time.

[attach]295661[/attach]

The coils are definitely thicker than the STi pinks and more tightly packed.

I had a 1/2" spacers on the pinks to get the rear to sit where I wanted, but it couldn't handle a full load and roof box when I do long trips with my sons.

I put on new KYB top hats for the rear on the king springs and she's basically sitting where the pinks + 1/2" spacer were.

[attach]295662[/attach]

I :wub::wub::wub: this car

I just want to drive...

[attach]295663[/attach]

I found the same thing, even after a year of the pinks, with a 1/2" spacer they sit about the same as the Kings did. I'm curious about the load issues though, as I find the pinks to be significantly stiffer than the Kings were, albeit the pinks are on Bilstein B8s (feel overdamped) and the Kings were on Konis (felt like stock).

Tried to install my rebuilt injectors...all the pcv lines are so hard and brittle I was worried about breaking them to get to the injectors so I stopped. I did manage to break the oil fill tube though, which is also apparently very brittle.

As consolation, I cleaned my wife's car. It was full of mud. I was not happy. I want to take the weathertech floor mats for my car, thinking she doesn't deserve them if that is the way her and the kids are going to treat the car, but that is counterproductive to keeping the car clean.

I posted a question in the tuning thread about injectors if anybody hasn't seen it and can provide some insight:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/differences-sidefeed-injectorsi-287814.html

^ My cousin is in line for the 1st one that arrives at his dealership!

I've got an autocrosser friend who's first in line at her dealership, and I'm first in line for when she inevitably sells the car after a season. :lol:

Burned the latest tune revision from Mike @ Tuning Alliance to the car. Now we are talking. Not sure what he altered and don't really care. The car feels much more responsive in the low rpm range and pulls great to the top.

Have to figure out this turbo heat shield/blanket deal (sort of waiting for the weather to break) and find a sway bar. Just driving the damn thing after that.

I really need to send a log to him. I kinda feel his response time and actual feedback (slow and none) is because I didn't buy an access port. But yeah I feel like I know every revision got better. Just not sure he really wants to keep fiddling with a 6 year old customer.

I really need to send a log to him. I kinda feel his response time and actual feedback (slow and none) is because I didn't buy an access port. But yeah I feel like I know every revision got better. Just not sure he really wants to keep fiddling with a 6 year old customer.

I hear you. Which is why I took the matter in my own hands. Car has not exploded yet :eek: