LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Ebay! I got my entire assembly, shifter, cables, shifter box, even the boot for 200 plus tax...

Unless you know someone parting a car out.. [emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Did you get the full tranny and shifter assembly for $200 or are you talking about just the full shifter assembly with cables and such?

I picked up a 2020 full shifter assembly for $200 on eBay with 4k miles.

btw, how many miles on them now? And have you ever had to change a torn boot? They say they cover these but then I'd have the car down for several days vs. a couple of hours if I do it myself. But then, if they ever click or whatever, warranty would be void. Catch 22..

I've had them about 18 months, ~15k miles on them, they look new still. I put a heat shield on my Invidia downpipe to protect the axle boot as the HFC is right there.

Do these bolt right on? Or do you need to make modifications to the Y pipe?
No need any modification, mufflers are plug and play. There is valid only for STI legacy BL muffler. Otherwise, STI muffler with dual output from impreza STI you are need extend lenght of output tubes.

You can see difference in attached photos.c7a461072393be410bd98ad32e900b3a.jpg8d3b3e32ffee30a436c23646b8dd0086.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-A515F mediante Tapatalk

Did you get the full tranny and shifter assembly for $200 or are you talking about just the full shifter assembly with cables and such?

I picked up a 2020 full shifter assembly for $200 on eBay with 4k miles.

Just the complete shifter assembly, tranny was another 1,100.

Pulled up next to my wife in traffic and rolled the window down. Something smells. Not sure what. Hard to tell if it's leftover power steering residue from 2 years of a leaking rack or some other liquid being where it shouldn't be. Not fuel, not bitter like burning oil. Not overheating antifreeze.

Awesome.

This sounds awfully similar to what I smelled for about a year. Couldn't figure it out. Fixing my PS pump made the weird smell go away but it did take a couple weeks for the smell to fully dissipate after properly resealing the pump. The top of the block has a lot of little square areas where liquids can pool and sit. Assuming it takes a while for those to cook off. Hopefully that's your issue

I offered to assist a local member having issues with his 05 GT Wagon and a Cobb OTS map. Does that count? If we meet up it will be the first time I have worked on an LGT since closing the shop. And the first time I have met up with a local member in the Mid-Atlantic.

I might consider that at just over 6 hours so long as sedans that shift themselves are welcome[emoji851]. Nice long weekend ride to the mountains?

Edited by whitexc

Mid-Atlantic meet this summer at m sprank's place in WV!

I have the space...

Members car has a post maf/pre turbo leak i could not visually find with a flash light. Needed a smoke machine. Leak is not large. Idle and cruise afr are spot on, bring on load and boost and afr immediately shoots to 18 and holds.

More air than fuel. Air is unmetered. High probability leak is inlet tube connection to turbo (due to age and mileage).

I have the space...

Members car has a post maf/pre turbo leak i could not visually find with a flash light. Needed a smoke machine. Leak is not large. Idle and cruise afr are spot on, bring on load and boost and afr immediately shoots to 18 and holds.

More air than fuel. Air is unmetered. High probability leak is inlet tube connection to turbo (due to age and mileage).

I may have something similar going on I think. Where did you hook up the smoke machine and how much psi was it pushing? I bought a smoke machine and hooked it up to the bpv hose while blocking the inlet. Could not find a leak.

I normally put my machine in the intake tube immediately after the MAF sensor. I ran my machine at between 12 and 14psi. Small leaks can take patience to find. Use bright light as sometimes it catches the thin smoke. My machine used a dye in the smoke liquid. It left a UV reactive "stain". That helped too. Not just because of the dye stain, but it had an odor and I could sometimes smell the leak.

Drove my car for the first time in 3 weeks, it's 80 degrees outside, and no snow. Just last week we had snow all over now it's warm.:spin:

I think I need to drive the car more. I have a trans leak that drips when sitting, and something else. I just need the STI 6MT swap. :lol:

It seems to not leak when I drive it more and the gaskets expand.

I normally put my machine in the intake tube immediately after the MAF sensor. I ran my machine at between 12 and 14psi. Small leaks can take patience to find. Use bright light as sometimes it catches the thin smoke. My machine used a dye in the smoke liquid. It left a UV reactive "stain". That helped too. Not just because of the dye stain, but it had an odor and I could sometimes smell the leak.

The smoke machine I purchased (this one) has a pressure regulator which blows smoke at much less than 12 psi. Now I am suspecting that I may not be able to use this smoke machine to find leaks that only show up in fairly high boost levels. :mad:

The smoke machine I purchased (this one) has a pressure regulator which blows smoke at much less than 12 psi. Now I am suspecting that I may not be able to use this smoke machine to find leaks that only show up in fairly high boost levels. :mad:

Yeah... I used this one:

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Portable-Diagnostic-Smoke-Machine/Smart-Smoke-Machine/EELD500

People generally have no idea how much money the tools required to perform the work at a professional level cost.