LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Planning my JDM headlight swap. In the meantime a main bulb burned out. I had 65W OSRAM which are discontinued. Went with their 55W Nightbreaker lasers which was closest they now make. I was very surprised at the difference.

After a little searching i found a small outfit that produces a 65W H7 as a replacement for the original OSRAM in case anyone out there is interested.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

I have before and after pics but getting a failure when trying to upload. (each is jpg, 2.4MB and 4000x3000 which seem to fall into the parameters) Help welcome.

Be careful of using a lighting system from a right-hand drive country in a left-hand drive car. Excess light spills out harmlessly towards the left in a JDM car whereas it goes to the right in a USDM car. Check that you can live with the lighting pattern first.

In related news about visibility, I changed the driver's side windshield wiper yesterday. The rear wiper resisted all attempts at changing it because of the proprietary attachment. This might be a dealer-only item.

Bolted up the Genome sti exhaust on my 2.5i glad I did. Side question what all is needed for rear struts? Have a 2011 wrx suspension, I know front bolts in, but rear I'm confused on if it is confirmed working, got the suspension free a long time ago from wrx days, extremely low mile bought whiteline springs.. so waiting on a cheap rear strut option mount solution. So far from what I gather is legacy top hats have to be used and rear bottom is questionable that's where I need help.

3 days ago I cleaned the throttle body and what a difference! Hesitation and stumbling as if it were going to stall at stops all went away. When I bought the car last july with 130k miles I had to replace the O2 (after cat.) sensor and the catalytic converter. It passed smog, but shortly thereafter P0420 code came back. Installed new plugs and tried fuel system cleaner, it ran better, but still the code returns. Finally I cleaned the throttle body and performed an idle re-learn.

So far the P0420 code went away.

Today P0463 code is pending, the check engine light is not on yet. I am hoping that like a post I read on this forum it is just because the fuel is low, (finishing up another system fuel cleaner cycle), at about 1/8th tank and the low fuel light is not on yet that the pending code will clear after fill up. It seems like the tank level readings are still accurate.

Next day, P0463 went away as soon as I filled the gas tank. New day, new code, P0031, time to replace the upstream O2 sensor.

Edited by 58Tucker
update

Drove up to Seattle today to buy my friend's Mach V wing and install it on my car. I'd post pics but have none as it's dark. The color of the wing is white, however, so it just looks a little goofy!

Well, then you should probably just send it my way to put on my white wagon :lol:

Well, then you should probably just send it my way to put on my white wagon :lol:

It wasn't the easiest to convince my friend to sell this to me! But I think it's gonna stay, sorry :p

He was returning his car to (relatively) stock with plans to sell it, so I called dibs on the wing as soon as I could.

Inspection day! Should be emissions except in my county bc I'm well under 5k miles for the year. But I also expired in December of last year so I may have waited too long. We'll see

And they failed me for my tire tread, I thought they were ok. Guess I get to throw on my BBS wheels for the first time in 2-3 years, for 30 min.

Edited by BoozeRS05

With around 2100 miles on the build I sent what will probably be the last logs (eTune money only goes so far I'm saying) to TA for Mike to assess tonight. Car is running very well so I can't imagine much will change with the tune.

Let the Mrs take the kids to golf last night. First time anyone else has driven the car in a while. It came back in one piece so bonus there.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

With around 2100 miles on the build I sent what will probably be the last logs (eTune money only goes so far I'm saying) to TA for Mike to assess tonight. Car is running very well so I can't imagine much will change with the tune.

That's true. Same for me 5-8 years ago. But the MAF scaling still needed some refining to meet target AFR especially in mild acceleration and/or when it transitions from closed to open loop. So I have been taking the time to do that. The 05 is pretty good now but the 06 still needs some work.

Always been OS. It was the same tuner as you. Started way back in 2013. Dang that's a long time ago!

I mean, usually these tunes will ask for idle, cruise, and WOT logs. But IMHO, there are 'in-between' driving conditions which may need to be addressed.

Pulled my front struts as the big bolt on the bottom of the Konis had loosen a touch and I think was the source of front-end clunking. I think I may have pulled the front struts too often as I can do both in approx 30 min now... Also adjusted the shifter cable slightly, trying to get that last little touch of alignment for the smoothest shifting.

Always been OS. It was the same tuner as you. Started way back in 2013. Dang that's a long time ago!

I mean, usually these tunes will ask for idle, cruise, and WOT logs. But IMHO, there are 'in-between' driving conditions which may need to be addressed.

Agreed. I did include a few details for him to possibly address as far as cruising and low rpm (where the car spends 95% of its time) function go.

AutoX in the new race wagon Sunday. Debating to drive down. No insulation, roll cage, race bucket, 6 point harness, no heat, straight pipe closed deck motor easy 75-80db cruising, way louder WOT. Or put it on the trailer and tow down in comfort. It’s AutoX though. You gotta drive the car there and back right? Put the sticky tires and jack in the back. Maybe I’m just trying to relive some nostalgia. 140 mile roundtrip plus AutoX laps. Weather, 42 low, 60 high, and overcast.

AutoX in the new race wagon Sunday. Debating to drive down. No insulation, roll cage, race bucket, 6 point harness, no heat, straight pipe closed deck motor easy 75-80db cruising, way louder WOT. Or put it on the trailer and tow down in comfort. It’s AutoX though. You gotta drive the car there and back right? Put the sticky tires and jack in the back. Maybe I’m just trying to relive some nostalgia. 140 mile roundtrip plus AutoX laps. Weather, 42 low, 60 high, and overcast.

You better post some videos somewhere for us to enjoy!

Yeah you should drive. heh-heh.

Put it on the trailer ready to run. Put the car cover on. With a couple gallons in the fuel tank and a 5 gallon fuel jug.

Let the Mrs take the kids to golf last night. First time anyone else has driven the car in a while. It came back in one piece so bonus there.

Wait, wut?!? You let your wife drive your car? :)

Wait, wut?!? You let your wife drive your car? :)
Lol.....we aren't even married yet [emoji15]!!! But yes she does drive it once in a while now until her new Explorer comes in. Trying to keep the miles down on her Durango for trade.

Better she drives the LGT than the Ram 2500!

Lol.....we aren't even married yet [emoji15]!!! But yes she does drive it once in a while now until her new Explorer comes in. Trying to keep the miles down on her Durango for trade.

Better she drives the LGT than the Ram 2500!

Good choice! ST or Platinum?

Washed it last night, lightly cleaned up the soft interior surfaces. Started using chemical guys hyper suds soap, great beading.

Drove it to cars and coffee this morning. It's held at Michelin North America, and it was absolutely PACKED. I couldn't even find a spot and had to go to an adjacent lot. I think there's like 850 spaces, and around 50-100 cars were cycling and waiting to get in at any given time.

There were a number of wrxs as expected, and one heavily modified spec B. Owner wasn't present, but one of the wrx guys kept calling it a wrx.

Good choice! ST or Platinum?
Probably just ST Line. She really isn't huge on performance so doesn't need the guzzler 6. She is fine with the 2.3L, especially since they are done producing the hybrid for the 22 model year. Doesn't need all the bells and whistles of the Platinum trim and also doesn't want to spend that money.

The Durango, just an SXT, is paid for so she is on the good side to start with. They have a unit coming in any time with most of what she wants so she put her name on that one with no commitment. If that doesn't work out we will lock in a number for her trade and order what she wants.

If ordering I really like the XLT in Sport trim with the carbon wheels, active X fabric and for the money you can get quite a few options. Also may not take as long.

Edited by whitexc