LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I think I replaced mine with some from a variety kit from harbor freight. I have 2 or 3 assorted o-ring kits from different materials for different applications, then I pick the type and size that is needed for whatever I need to replace. I had a replace an o-ring on one of the ports on my quickjack a couple weeks ago, all better now.

True. I could do that.

They are on parts.subaru.com. You need 3x 42025AG070 and 1x 42025AG080. f238c465e419ff50bfe4398d49a3acf2.jpg

Rhino, the part number guru on our forum :spin:

I did not think of checking parts.subaru.com (shame on me). I did check opposedforces and only found the whole assembly. So did not care to check the actual subaru site.

Here is the link I found: https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Wagon/_54102_6025627/FUEL-TANK-FUEL-PUMP/B13-421-03.html

I believe this one https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Wagon/Fuel-Injection-Pressure-Regulator-O-Ring/49248896/42025AG09A.html

and this one https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Wagon/Fuel-Injection-Pressure-Regulator-O-Ring/49248897/42025AG10A.html

Looks like the part numbers are a bit different than for the wrx. But I am guessing same size?

True. I could do that.

Rhino, the part number guru on our forum :spin:

I did not think of checking parts.subaru.com (shame on me). I did check opposedforces and only found the whole assembly. So did not care to check the actual subaru site.

Here is the link I found: https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Wagon/_54102_6025627/FUEL-TANK-FUEL-PUMP/B13-421-03.html

I believe this one https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Wagon/Fuel-Injection-Pressure-Regulator-O-Ring/49248896/42025AG09A.html

and this one https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Wagon/Fuel-Injection-Pressure-Regulator-O-Ring/49248897/42025AG10A.html

Looks like the part numbers are a bit different than for the wrx. But I am guessing same size?

The wrx o-rings fit. I have them on my pump/filter. I'm guessing the material is just different as they are all black as opposed to the green of the oem Legacy version. Also, don't forget to use the super lube grease when applying to keep from pinching.

Did a clay bar treatment today, with disgusting results. Followed that up with 2 stages of polishing and 3 coats of Maguires ceramic wax. I also found myself under the hood getting the engine bay tidy. Finished my day with some new brembo pads and rotors. 58324c06b621a76139de5387f9db5354.jpg018d35f0f81f6509f37f06b56e92fc4a.jpg35adf8689d501e7e405d7502007d170d.jpg2bfdb7d77bd38c7954556f8948edee49.jpg8461c5d2b5c122ea5afe419f6bb327c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Did a clay bar treatment today, with disgusting results. Followed that up with 2 stages of polishing and 3 coats of Maguires ceramic wax. I also found myself under the hood getting the engine bay tidy. Finished my day with some new brembo pads and rotors. 58324c06b621a76139de5387f9db5354.jpg018d35f0f81f6509f37f06b56e92fc4a.jpg35adf8689d501e7e405d7502007d170d.jpg2bfdb7d77bd38c7954556f8948edee49.jpg8461c5d2b5c122ea5afe419f6bb327c2.jpg

Nice work. Looks shiny. Now change or repaint the battery holding clamp :hide:

Did you use the meguiars final inspection as the clay lube? Does it work better than the usual quick detailer that comes in the clay box? I'm thinking a clay session is around the corner for me
I did use final inspection as the lube. This car sat in the California smog and sun for 16 years and it did a phenomenal job.

Replaced fuel tank.

Ended up replacing fuel pump and filters.

Needle-scaled rear subframe and repainted the top of it. I’ll get the bottom if it warms up again.

Adjusted the exhaust so the right side doesn’t poke out past the bumper.

Replaced drivers side front caliper and rotor.

Bled/flushed the whole brake system with new fluid.

Gonna data log cylinder roughness so I know which coil packs to replace next.

Planning on relocating the fpr reference at some point.

Still need to go through and swap out all the emissions sensors solenoids and valves.

Needs an alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, been here before. Last time it was plugging in my fuel pressure sensor somehow bricked the ECU. Dead as a doornail, couldn't communicate at all. Hopefully it's as simple as a bad connection, but I have a spare w/ flashed immobilizer ready to go because the addiction runs deep.

Replaced the oil fill tube that I broke because not thinking. Managed to arc from the positive battery terminal to my ratchet but felt nothing, other than fear, stupidity and then a nauseous feeling. I think I need to call it in on working on the engine...every time I try to do something, I break something. Not a good feeling after all the car stuff I've done over the years. Maybe this is what wrenching on old cars is like.

I took the old 5MT out for the last time today. I'll prep stuff and install 2015 WRX 6MT this weekend.

The 5MT has almost 245k and is surprisingly in good shape for age/mileage. No noticeable metal on drain plug even.

The homemade trans jack plate was a bit too tall on the sides so I had to put a piece of 4x4 under the trans but it still worked well. I'll trim the sides before install so I don't have that issue.

Edited by rhino6303

Installed whiteline rear sway bar and some moog endlinks. Car feels so much better, it's amazing what tightening up the rear end did for the wagon.

Debating if I'm going to install the front bar or not.

Installed whiteline rear sway bar and some moog endlinks. Car feels so much better, it's amazing what tightening up the rear end did for the wagon.

Debating if I'm going to install the front bar or not.

Curious, what does the rest of your suspension consist of?

Did you beef up the attach points at all?

I see the Whiteline RSB has come down a little in price. I may just grab one for the sedan to go with the Moog links and some RSB reinforcement brackets I have on the shelf.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Curious, what does the rest of your suspension consist of?

Did you beef up the attach points at all?

I see the Whiteline RSB has come down a little in price. I may just grab one for the sedan to go with the Moog links and some RSB reinforcement brackets I have on the shelf.

I went with the avo rear sway bar brackets. Rest of the suspension is oem for now.

I'll be going with koni/h&r or fortune 500 coilovers in the next month or 2. Also will do the kta 124 set and roll center/ bump steer kit.

I bought the Whiteline rear bar. Will install my cke_ssp (eBay seller) rear brackets and Moog links thus weekend. Pics to follow.

cke_ssp is traildogck on here. I like his brackets more than the AVO ones, good choice.

That's interesting. When I had my timing belt done on the Subaru, the mechanic said they had failures with Aisin so they stopped using it and they used a Continental kit. When I had it done on my Miata, they also used a Continental kit. So far, no problems.

Found this, Seems "Aisin", has changed the tensioner

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2944523

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Took the car out for a spirited drive today and it was night and day. Really increased confidence in the twisty sections. Wondering about the whiteline front sway bar, I'm thinking it will bring back some of the understeer.

I might install it on the softer setting and see how it goes.

Really kicking myself for not replacing the clamps on the turbo oil return. It's got a slight leak and getting a proper hose clamp on there looks next to impossible.

Did the quarterly oil change a week late as I forgot to get a filter last week. D'oh!

After getting the steering rack replaced it was nice to see the undercarriage was all dry, rather than having a bit of coating of fluid.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Found this, Seems "Aisin", has changed the tensioner

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2944523

Wonder when all this transpired? I bought the Aisin kit about a year ago and just had it installed with the new shortock. Approaching 3k miles so [emoji1696]

Edited by whitexc

I'm guessing it's fairly recent. People need to check their kits if they have them and make sure the cheap tensioner is not in it.

I'm no expert, just speculating on what I've heard...

I posted this over here too, https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/aisin-timing-belt-tensioner-change.542722/#post-6231428

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here