LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

For 2011 & 2012 headlight sensor, the repair kit is 84089AJ000. I tried search the prefix 84089 and came up with nothing. 84088AJ000 is the light sensor itself, I searched on 84088 and84088AJ000 and 2 other superseded number came up for that sensor. It maybe that it 84089A000 is in TSB only, so the search may not be searching TSB part numbers.

I think we went over this some time ago, but IIRC they updated the part to incorporate the TSB. When my first one went bad it was just a few weeks before the TSB came out, so it was replaced with another one that went bad within a year. The second time I had it replaced under warranty, they installed the updated part that incorporated the changes per the TSB, and I haven't had a problem since and I leave my lights on Auto.

I think we went over this some time ago, but IIRC they updated the part to incorporate the TSB. When my first one went bad it was just a few weeks before the TSB came out, so it was replaced with another one that went bad within a year. The second time I had it replaced under warranty, they installed the updated part that incorporated the changes per the TSB, and I haven't had a problem since and I leave my lights on Auto.

Haven't had a problem since because it's sitting all comfy in that nice garage.:)

5th Gen Legacy's and Outback's are few and far between here in Pick-n-Pulls. I keep checking though.

Found a 2010 6MT Outback in Liberty, MO, but it's a Premium. Did they come with a sun sensor? I thought it was only on the Limited, but if the Premium has auto headlights, it would need one also.

Based on what I'm seeing on parts.subaru.com, it looks like it was used across the board on the 5th-gen Legacy and 4th-gen Outback regardless of trim.

Like I said, whenever I get around to replacing mine, I can take a peek and see if there are any visible differences. I'm not overly interested in talking the new one apart, but if it looks easy to do without damaging anything, I might do it out of curiosity.

Had my son in the car and got to my parents neighborhood and the rear quarter window dropped on the other vehicle (motor is fine). I think it came off the track but again there is no B-pillar. I'm taking the car this Saturday to the shop and thought I be working on it. I saw videos on how to remove that glass and now I decided to have my friend (shop owner) do it and he agree to it and he will get to it by the middle of next week.

Edit: New OEM window regulator is on order (1 in stock local) and waiting to be deliver to the shop that's where the vehicle been at since Saturday.

Edited by amusa

Yeah... I saw that but since you used 3.6R not 3/6 I assumed it was the anniversary date of you getting your car.

Kind of like guys who celebrate 420 day instead of 4/20 which is Hitler's birthday....who wants to celebrate that? ;)

Rear quarter Window regulator is finally done. I should raise hell with the dealership body shop. Found out there were (2) loose bolts and the side molding was not installed correctly due to bent mounting clip because there were another bolt behind the molding for the regulator this is how we discover the molding not being install correctly and the paint chipped off around the edges.

Waiting on a used SRS unit and H7 mounting clips to arrive.

There is a 2010 6MT Outback at a self service salvage yard in KC. Tomorrow I'm planning on grabbing the sun sensor, center dash trim around the radio, maybe shifter parts. Anything else I should be looking for?

There is a 2010 6MT Outback at a self service salvage yard in KC. Tomorrow I'm planning on grabbing the sun sensor, center dash trim around the radio, maybe shifter parts. Anything else I should be looking for?

Was it wrecked?

You could grab the clutch hard line union that is used for the damper delete. The part costs like $30 from the dealer and you only need a 12mm socket and 10mm wrench to get it off.

You could grab the clutch hard line union that is used for the damper delete. The part costs like $30 from the dealer and you only need a 12mm socket and 10mm wrench to get it off.

I was thinking about that. I have already done the delete on my car, but could grab it for someone here. Also, since its a 2010, it will have the acrylic ring around the cupholder for the LED light if anyone was looking for it. I have done that also to mine :).

Edited by Falcor

Looks like a yard near me has one too, guess I will be going to take a look on my next day off! If anyone needs any parts let me know.1180-39803-7806587.jpeg?w=800&quality=70

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/es/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Tampa-180/recents/

The shifter on that wrecked Legacy (assuming its in gear) doesn't look that far forward. It might have a STI STS accessory.