LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I think he's NORCAL

It looks to be middle, but yeah I think you are right. Ok, lets revise. You cali costal people are wimps...

i see people running in 30s all the time. In fact it helps your workout because your body struggles when it gets super cold. When I was in college i loved to bike in the 10s -30s because when it became 50+ it was so easy to go anywhere

It looks to be middle, but yeah I think you are right. Ok, lets revise. You cali costal people are wimps...

i see people running in 30s all the time. In fact it helps your workout because your body struggles when it gets super cold. When I was in college i loved to bike in the 10s -30s because when it became 50+ it was so easy to go anywhere

They're not wimps they've just never experienced what i like to call whether. as in, whether or not its nice out I've got to go outside either way. to be fair the majority of my bipedal travel in the winter is on a splitboard which sort of requires a lower temp. anything under 5 F starts to get difficult on the lungs for me, but if its over 30 I'm going to drenched in sweat by the time I'm at the top, and around 45 I'm in a t shirt on the way up... granted its a slower moving, calorie intensive activity

You SOCAL people are such wimps with weather..lol

I would never live in SoCal. I'm in NorCal. It's a completely different State.

Don't get me wrong, I love winter sports, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, I'm always up for anything that involves an adventure. I do yard work and work up at our mountain property in the winter. I'm not afraid of that at all, it's fun. But when exercising for the sake of exercising, for the sole purpose of getting a workout, I will choose the warm indoors every time.

Edited by GTEASER

I would rather run or bike on a 95 degree day.

Man - end of an era, I guess - I was wondering why the Performance Bike store was closing around here, as it seemed to be doing well - read that Performance (well, the parent company) went belly up - both of the websites (Performance and Nashbar, which combined a number of years back) are changing (got emails from both) and they no longer have any retail stores! The company that has the websites got the online rights, but no merchandise or anything like that, so their "house brand" stuff is all gone... sad. (some of it wasn't that good, but I like the Performance elite shorts... hard to beat for the price)

Pains me to say it but I'm pretty sure my GT will be getting totaled by my insurance. I walked away without a scratch not even shaken up a bit. The car between age, milage, and damage will probably be a total loss. The car gave me trouble but I still enjoyed driving it so much.

Pains me to say it but I'm pretty sure my GT will be getting totaled by my insurance. I walked away without a scratch not even shaken up a bit. The car between age, milage, and damage will probably be a total loss. The car gave me trouble but I still enjoyed driving it so much.

Yikes! Glad you are ok!

That sucks :mad:

You walked away that is what matters. Take care, I am sure you will start feeling more when the adrenaline wears off.

Glad you walked away safe, sorry to hear about your car.

Spend so many hours troubleshooting and scanning the SRS system. I even had my friend over at the dealership scan the vehicle with the dealer scan software and was kind of expected that I need a new SRS unit for the MB. I know this will be an expensive part but waiting to see my friend employee discount will be on the unit.

You walked away that is what matters. Take care, I am sure you will start feeling more when the adrenaline wears off.

Happened last Tuesday but honestly nothing happened to me at all. Didn't feel any after effects. Slightly embarrassing to get into an accident where I lost control because of snow/ice.

http://i.imgur.com/phHTwPq.jpg

No reason to feel embarrassed. Accidents happen and the car did its job to keep you safe. Everyone here is glad you're ok. Nerves and anxiety get to you a bit when your passionate about the car and enjoy it. The good news you'll have the chance to get start with something new and have the same feeling of enjoyment again.

Happened last Tuesday but honestly nothing happened to me at all. Didn't feel any after effects. Slightly embarrassing to get into an accident where I lost control because of snow/ice.

http://i.imgur.com/phHTwPq.jpg

rough... how much do you want for your yellow hellas?