LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I spent some serious time on the forum here reading opinions on the various turbo options (specifically, trying to find any info if a HTA68/TD05 on E85 is "better" than a 18g/TD05 on E85 - seems inconclusive....), and my random thought is.....

It is disheartening to see all the folks come-and-go from this 5th gen group, AND I WILL NEVER BE GETTING RID OF MY 5th GEN! Who's with me?!

I spent some serious time on the forum here reading opinions on the various turbo options (specifically, trying to find any info if a HTA68/TD05 on E85 is "better" than a 18g/TD05 on E85 - seems inconclusive....), and my random thought is.....

It is disheartening to see all the folks come-and-go from this 5th gen group, AND I WILL NEVER BE GETTING RID OF MY 5th GEN! Who's with me?!

Barring a catastrophic incident, I will be keeping mine until it no longer meets my needs.

Exactly how different is the 2015 wrx turbo compressor outlet compared to ours? I seen a really nice mishimoto fmic kit I would love to have.

You might be able to get away with buying an extra silicone bend, hard to tell. I guess it depends on what comes in the kit.

Do you have a link?

If you look at them side by side (vf 54 on the left, mgt2259s right) the compressor outlet seems like a similar flange but it's not in the exact same position:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR2xlh7HHaSKBaW3D9APOph6yHApct-p0rZGK5wOjDFPNa7Cpts

Edited by moral hazard

You might be able to get away with buying an extra silicone bend, hard to tell. I guess it depends on what comes in the kit.

Do you have a link?

If you look at them side by side (vf 54 on the left, mgt2259s right) the compressor outlet seems like a similar flange but it's not in the exact same position:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR2xlh7HHaSKBaW3D9APOph6yHApct-p0rZGK5wOjDFPNa7Cpts

This is the kit I was looking at, but I wanted a direct bolt in, so I could get it installed in a day or less.

http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-wrx/engine/intercooler/mishimoto-performance-front-mount-intercooler-kit-2015-wrx#.XFhshVxKi00

I think I've decided to get a set of winter tires and wheels for next winter. It iced in KC last night and I actually spun all 4 tires when letting out the clutch in stop and go traffic (because of an accident). First time that happened in this car.

I think I've decided to get a set of winter tires and wheels for next winter. It iced in KC last night and I actually spun all 4 tires when letting out the clutch in stop and go traffic (because of an accident). First time that happened in this car.

For a little contrast, I was driving home in some fresh snow last night (maybe an inch, tops), and with snow tires, I had to build probably 3-4 pounds of boost in order to break the tires loose after leaving a stop light. It's pretty amazing how much of a difference the right tires make.

I had one of those insta-drift moments leaving a stop sign the other day with the Baja (all-seasons)- kinda fun, but not on public roads...

oh come on at least let her have 5

I couldn't do it, my baby will have a crosstrek or something along those lines. And it will be a turd for sure, I will have it detuned just for that purpose. Let her know what is feels like to drive a V8 with a one barrel carb so to speak. :lol:

So for those that may recall... I'm now a proud first time parent as of Jan 28th! Little boy named Solomon James. Came 1 week early but still was 7lb 6oz and 20in. He is in great health as is momma, and we are getting a lot more sleep than I expected us to get thanks to little man being as perfect as a newborn could be with no issues except he's eating more than momma can produce so we're having to sub in formula a little bit but he seems to do great with either one.

4519331f46eab21fe7d488cc83e578ca.jpg

So for those that may recall... I'm now a proud first time parent as of Jan 28th! Little boy named Solomon James. Came 1 week early but still was 7lb 6oz and 20in. He is in great health as is momma, and we are getting a lot more sleep than I expected us to get thanks to little man being as perfect as a newborn could be with no issues except he's eating more than momma can produce so we're having to sub in formula a little bit but he seems to do great with either one.

4519331f46eab21fe7d488cc83e578ca.jpg

CONGRATS!!!!..... you gonna let him have a turbo on his first car?

CONGRATS!!!!..... you gonna let him have a turbo on his first car?
If that is what he wants yes, of course with turbos becoming a normal thing in the passenger car world for power/economy I think it's safe to bet it will be a standard thing when he starts to drive unless we go full passenger drone by then.

Does anyone else have this issue with the forum?? Quite often when I try to make a post I get this "Warning" that tells me to wait before I can post again.

This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds.

These are always when I am making my first post of the day....haven't posted anything for hours or even days.

I just got it again this morning when I posted a reply to another thread and it was my first post since yesterday.

What's causing this??

Does anyone else have this issue with the forum?? Quite often when I try to make a post I get this "Warning" that tells me to wait before I can post again.

This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds.

These are always when I am making my first post of the day....haven't posted anything for hours or even days.

I just got it again this morning when I posted a reply to another thread and it was my first post since yesterday.

What's causing this??

that happens to me when i click post but then get impatient thinking it didn't register it and click it again.

So for those that may recall... I'm now a proud first time parent as of Jan 28th!
Congratulations!!! Everything changes with kids! They're awesome!!!

(for the formula, don't be surprised if he gets a little constipated - that tends to happen if you sub in formula, or if you even change formula brands - it's pretty normal)

Congrats and welcome to the family club :)

Other news - I need to get in touch with my body man to get the Subi in for rear bumper and passenger side rocker panel repair.

My friend told be that there are rumors that Subaru is bringing back the Legacy GT but not sure if it will come in Manual?