LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Wanted to share something interesting I found today. I found a low-quality copy of the first image below long ago and was intrigued by the front bumper, because it looked Outback based but was definitely not OEM, and I had never found an Outback-based bodykit before. Well, I've found more and higher quality images, as well as notes from the Russian owner, and boy is there some interesting stuff. First off, this is a FULL kit: front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, spoiler, and waist wing. Secondly, you'll notice something odd: THIS IS A USDM OUTBACK. Note the shape of the grille, hood, and raised roof rails specifically. Yes, this is in fact an America to Russia import, confirmed by the owner's notes. Lastly, the kit is apparently Chinese in origin, but sadly the owner does not list a brand name or have any other posts on his profile besides the profile description itself (Russian to English auto-translate is a bit touch and go). Either way, this is really cool to see and find, and the kit itself looks excellent and well made, and is subtle and tasteful, and just looks great in general in my opinion. I'll be adding this to my compendium of bodykits under "Unknown Chinese Brand" or UCB until a brand name is found. Also, the kit is 2.5i/single-exit exhaust specific, no idea if a turbo/dual-exit version exists.

Owners profile: https://www.drive2.ru/r/subaru/outback/1077554/

waiJ2f5.jpg

jqN2qsF.jpg

0muin9j.jpg

1Mqi7Zg.jpg

PxZZtHy.jpg

OWr5eBz.jpg

at first glance, I though it was a Volvo.

Aaaaand, I will be picking up something with 4 wheels...at least that is the deal for now. Keeping my Q50.

I will reveal what it is after Perscitus tells us what he got.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

at first glance, I though it was a Volvo.

Aaaaand, I will be picking up something with 4 wheels...at least that is the deal for now. Keeping my Q50.

I will reveal what it is after Perscitus tells us what he got.

A volvo...Might be something you don't mod?

I'm lovin' his choice of wheels....those are the same OZ Crono HT's as I run on my Legacy :)

On another note, there is a local guy around here who has done a similar rebuild of an Outback as the Russian fellow, lowered with wheels etc etc....... last time I saw it it was mostly done but he was getting ready to finish it off with some aero bits too....looks really good :)

zvlBbbK.jpg

Which O2 sensor should I get for wideband use? I've seen the Bosch 17025. But it seems to fail often.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A complete Wideband system like Innovate's LC-2, or Zietronix ZT-3? Or just the sensor? Most aftermarket wideband use Bosch LSU 4.2 or 4.9 sensors.

Since the AP can read the sensor I was just going to use the sensor and wire it into either the rear O2 sensor or a tgv plug. Could I just install it in place of the rear O2 sensor and then have the AP configured to read it? So I don't have to cut any wiring.

Why oh why does Subaru configure their cars to start (when you start your car) the interior fan/climate controls at the exact same levels/settings that you left them (when your care was nice and toasty).

Hey, Subaru, it is f'ning 0 degrees outside, I don't want 0 degree air blown on me when I start my car. Seems like a fourth grader could program a better routine. Sheesh, this is stupid.

Why oh why does Subaru configure their cars to start (when you start your car) the interior fan/climate controls at the exact same levels/settings that you left them (when your care was nice and toasty).

Hey, Subaru, it is f'ning 0 degrees outside, I don't want 0 degree air blown on me when I start my car. Seems like a fourth grader could program a better routine. Sheesh, this is stupid.

Mine doesn't do that. The heater won't blow until the coolant is 145 degrees.

It only starts like that if you take it out of auto by selecting an option manually vs changing the temperature setting.

currently trying to train my gf to use the temp settings and stop plying with the dang mode(or hit auto before she shuts it down) so that when she uses her remote starter it doesn't take so long to warm up her car. why she feels the need to have hot air blasted in her face is beyond me.

Since the AP can read the sensor I was just going to use the sensor and wire it into either the rear O2 sensor or a tgv plug. Could I just install it in place of the rear O2 sensor and then have the AP configured to read it? So I don't have to cut any wiring.
I assume you are subscribed to the thread in the 4th Gen section where they are using the TGV input to install a wideband and log it. I'm not sure if they are doing that with an AP or other open source tuning software and I'm not 100% certain that the AP monitor for TGV can be scaled to get you that data from a wideband sensor. But everything you need to know should be in that thread.

I assume you are subscribed to the thread in the 4th Gen section where they are using the TGV input to install a wideband and log it. I'm not sure if they are doing that with an AP or other open source tuning software and I'm not 100% certain that the AP monitor for TGV can be scaled to get you that data from a wideband sensor. But everything you need to know should be in that thread.

I am not, I was oblivious to its existence thank you!

Spent some time over the last several weeks on the GX. I love this rig! With this car im not going to allow myself to buy mods and let them sit on the shelf for months and years. Added a fire extinguisher mount, Morimoto HIDs and did a full front and rear diff and transfer case fluid change. 5f1c7d14d228e9d5fd546b769e425906.jpg8e0e1b2e19879a2d638d8870f377040f.jpg59f88f5a94971ce4a9694a9d6251a50b.jpg36cad48ca4e8a390f5cae8d14951f7b1.jpg1ca897204c5e739040ba6d903813a89c.jpg49a4be2893c7d243afe53b55a7d48f84.jpgf43c2fdade97bf41a69144df274717c0.jpgeae7b19429a3048a6b9422cdbc25750c.jpg

When are you going to go full Overlander with that rig? :)

3bcd0a338a8c96323ad0ea959f3d6f27.jpg

Probably never, but who knows. It's my daily driver, light off-road and overnight adventure (mountain biking, hiking, and kayaking) rig, so no huge tires, kitchen, fridge, RTT or giant off-road bumpers. Those things get very heavy quick and require stiff load springs.

For now the list entails a 2.5" lift, hidden winch, rear bumper mounted spare, sleeping platform, radio (GMRS or HAM), dual battery system, on-board compressor and some sort of low profile roof rack. Possibly some rock sliders but I like the way the stock side steps look and perform.

Of course she will be getting some aesthetic mods and off-road lights as well. I recently made Lamin-X tinted overlays for the backup lights, have some waiting for the fogs as well as soon as I refinish the lenses. Also did a black vinyl strip at the top of the windshield to cut the sun glare resulting from the high greenhouse of the roofline and tinted the front side windows My first mod was a MetalTech standard height hitch receiver and had to modify the hitch cover to fit, and paint it of course. Almost forgot that I converted the wonky barn door stay to a gas strut.0211675be1cf9d81a4ff4bc801da1267.jpg172d7eab3313d94866ef12cb99d6eb90.jpg4fc2e71dfafd4c74fb34ba16328c19d4.jpgff03e2830cd6c79433bf8c1a10e96ac3.jpgcdf7a68457e80667499de29673afd000.jpg

I just watched a video on the door stop. I figured the door was a liftgate.
Nope, no lift gate. That's one of the things I love so much about this rig....the barn door! My wife actually loves it too. Edited by GTEASER