LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Has the forums done away with the "Thanks" feature? Not seeing it on any posts currently.

So, more than just the Thanks button being gone: the entire archives are gone. Y’all check your posts counts recently? I’m down about 80%. S2 above me has only 300 posts. They just obliterated an Alexandria’s Library of Legacy information and history in the interest of “sPeEdInG uP tHe SiTe”.

So, more than just the Thanks button being gone: the entire archives are gone. Y’all check your posts counts recently? I’m down about 80%. S2 above me has only 300 posts. They just obliterated an Alexandria’s Library of Legacy information and history in the interest of “sPeEdInG uP tHe SiTe”.

Ow. Thats a lot of lost history!

Was the site even that slow to begin with? I never noticed, and that's with a crap connection most of the time.

EDIT: and yeah just saw your post count I have more than you now lol!

Ow. Thats a lot of lost history!

Was the site even that slow to begin with? I never noticed, and that's with a crap connection most of the time.

EDIT: and yeah just saw your post count I have more than you now lol!

No it never was. Especially not to the point of needing to remove site features/eliminate 80% of the back forum. I really, really hope they backed all that info up and are at least migrating it somewhere that can still be referenced.

Lame. welp, looks like I'm nearing my end of forum visitation. Pretty much have already gone that way with nasioc and the outback/forester sites.

Have they done the same? I hit up the Forester site ever so often since we have one.

Hopefully the internet archive waybackmachine has a good portion of that content.

Another forum I really enjoyed back in the day had closed down completely, notebookreview forum. From the Reddit post about it, a lot was being archived via waybackmachine but I have no idea how good that works or what search engine to use for key words etc. Other than having the right url bookmarked.

feelin dumb...car started bucking under hard acceleration...could hear turbo building boost, but as soon as i passed 3k rpm started bucking. no CEL or anything. looked for vacuum leaks, boost leaks, made sure every sensor was firmly seated...no fix.

dropped the car off at the shop and it's a bad coil and one on its way out. oh, what felt like a misfire was a misfire? no...

$500 later for 2 coils and i'm calling it an idiot tax. i've got the other 2 on order and will switch em out when they get here...the coils themselves were $175/pop from subaru...i don't remember them being that expensive...but here we are.

if there was a check engine light i'd have found it no prob bob, but there wasn't one...with ze german car in the fleet too, i guess i should invest in some better diag equipment...

and yeah, i might have to start scouring the junk yard too and make a couple bucks where i can...

With all the stuff that has been deleted and changed...including no more e-mail notifications I think I just learned a bit of Spanish..........ADIOS AMIGOS :(

from my understanding, everything is being migrated. At the earliest, this would be completed by the end of the month.

Our Forester arrived at the dealer yesterday. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Ordered early March, so only a 3 1/2 month wait. :rolleyes:

Dealer is buying our current leased 2019 Forester and applying the equity to the new lease.