LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Okay, which one of you weirdos does this belong to? Ashland, OR, according to the source I stole it from.

The real question is, what were you looking for online to come across this?

I dont think it was frogs. :lol:

I think I remember that thread. It is interesting to look back see how our plans actually worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed!

I'm keeping my paid off Legacy a while longer too. Lots of interesting cars around but none that really call to me at this point in time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well Dave here's a flashback for you in terms of things working out when I think do where my head was at back then.

I should've sold my LGT back then and jumped for an STI. Still the best driving experience to this date in a Subaru was driving around a launch edition sti. Since then I've been in the 19-20' models and they are even better.

Instead here's where I landed. My lgt became a sour taste in my relationship with my gf at the time. Hearing here complain rather than support my hobbies was an earful that made me lose interest. Instead I filled the gap with an 08' LLBean h6 outback. Then eventually a Silverado that was just too good of a deal not to buy.

Now the debate has always been with savings to work for the new full size Bronco or Outback XT. Knowing that I'd have to wait until nearly May of 22 for my bronco I took the deposit back. Now have a 3rdgen wagon, 1stgen SS again, and recently a 4thgen lgt wagon.

The money that I ended up getting for my 5thgen I bought a 91 foxbody mustang. The extra I flipped a few things, quick investments and let me buy all those other 3 too. Sooooo long story rather than 1 single 50k+ car I have 5 ~10g vehicles. My gf is gone now as you can tell since I've reached the end of story time.

And Stuart lived happily ever after

Quick question. I'm going to be wrapping the wing on the grill and want to clean up the mesh area as well while its apart. What is a better solution, something like Forever Black or paint flat/satin?

Ended up spraying the wing on the grill with Superwrap gloss black with a couple coats of clear. Going to reinstall it tonight or tomorrow.

This was after a failed wrapping job. Quick tip, if you have never wrapped a car or car parts before, don't pick the wing as your first try.

Also found one of the puddle lights corroded and popped the fuse in the factory harness. Bought a new light and installed a weatherproof replaceable blade style fuse holder. Will be installing the new light soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 years ago in May 2020. That time a kid scraped up against the driver's rear corner right after I installed the Koni/Eibachs. Never been so "do not touch" about any other car more than this one. It has been touched twice.

ahh gotcha thought it was more recent than that. but i feel ya...first car i've cared about how the exterior stays and it's been tapped twice, and clear coat is failing all over the place. go figure. hope kid's got decent insurance and all yours gets taken care of.

Hello Everyone! I just took ownership of a 2012 3.6R Legacy Limited in December. Started as my wife's grandmother's car when she bought it new. When she passed in 2019 my dad bought it from her grandfather with 10300 miles on it and I drove it from Spokane to Cleveland for him. He gave his 2009 Legacy 2.5se to my daughter with 55k miles and I drove it back. My dad passed away just before Thanksgiving so I inherited the 2012 and drove it back to Portland in December and shipped the 2009 off to my niece in Arizona with 68k miles on it after rebuilding the motor from factory defective head gaskets. I had already bought my daughter a new car and was driving the 2009 as my DD. The 2012 now has 22,083 miles. Lowest mileage 5th gen left? Anyway, I've been scouring the forums for things to improve or upgrade in the car. I have the bigger sway bars for front and rear from Subaru. Parts were pretty cheap from BAM. I also ordered the remote starter kit as well since we had it on the 2009 and got spoiled with it. Installed the factory foglights that it didn't come with and have the factory spoiler to install as well once the weather is nice. New brakes, lines and fluid will go in with the sway bars when weather clears up and the the new wheels finish it off. I already swapped out the headunit for something modern with Android Auto before driving the car back from Cleveland. I'll probably replace the speakers at some point too since I have extras around. I have to say, after messing around with a lot of different Subaru's, I really like the 3.6R motor. Feels better than the HP rating suggests, pulls hard up top for a NA motor and sounds better than most V6 motors do. The Subaru auto leaves much to be desired in either the 4 or 5 speed version, but it's still better than the CVT. Enough about me, I just thought I'd drop in and say hello.

Sounds like a nice low mileage car.... I have a 2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited which I bought new and have "modded" slightly over the years...great cars. My wife has a 2012 2.5 Limited too...also very low mileage...neither of them have reached 30,000 miles yet

How about some pictures and more details...color, interior pics etc.

welcome to the forum. :)

I just took ownership of a 2012 3.6R Legacy Limited in December.

It's silver ice with black cloth interior. No sunroof. I'll get some pics uploaded soon.

If it is cloth interior is not Limited unless someone (dealer) swapped the leather for cloth seats

If you look at your VIN you can tell by the 7th digit of which option package you have.

Assuming no sunroof, A is base, C is Premium, J is limited

For instance a VIN staring with 4S3BMDJ6XC2 is a Limited.

• 2 weeks later...
Some creaking noises coming from driver side front wheel during 50-75% breaking pressure during slow stops/takeoffs. Thinking caliper slide pins or something. Looks like I'll be doing some work this weekend.

Taking the GT in tomorrow to get the body shop estimate. Closest approved shop is 30-45 min away.

The shop got the repairs approved by Am Fam, so they ordered the parts. Thankfully there is no shortage for the bumper or deck lid. It’s getting a new bumper and a salvaged deck lid. So, they will be able to get it in as soon as a couple weeks. [emoji1303]

Figured I'd show off my new recent purchase. 1990 base model, fwd, auto, legacy wagon. One of those little old lady stories and has 123k on it.

The interior is spotless and just needs a simple cleaning.

I'll get the outside better cleaned for now it was a quick rinse off. Had moss and years worth of dirt in the fender wells, surprised there is no rust.

The 500+ mile adventure home was another story in it's own for ignore the most matched tires. That's only temporary as I had a flat on the way home. 79479e10d91f6f14010c725dd73656a0.jpgc53d1d72064639cc72bdd888bdd0d251.jpgca8805e2a5b34d9d55e264fb6ed1dbd4.jpg69dcb5b42ecf0cdb50b95bd4c922d665.jpg061d5f5d41a4e6b04b8d7cba4c5f450e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk