LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

The SB is fine right? Any significant scuffs on the pistons? How much would the SB go for as is?

Yeah, piston tops look good, though quite a bit of carbon build up.

Doubt I could get much for a used, built SB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weekend plan:

Finish wrapping tomei headers - it sucks, Ill probably start cheating soon. Used a 50' section and the wrap starting looking real ratty by the time I got to the end of it.

Decide how I want to wrap the up-pipe. I also have an up-pipe blanket, so I might do both.

Hunt at home depot for thickest HVAC tape I can find to cover the wrap. I have seen a few people do this on NASIOC and will help with my fears about the wrap tuning into a wick if I ever get an oil leak. The adhesive burns off but apparently it stays on.

Bling tape certain sections of my new Grimmspeed intercooler. Probably just the bottom of it above the turbo. Been wanting one for years, just never bought one. It is significantly heavier than I expected. Bought the uncoated one (silver) because it was really hard to find any evidence that the coating is actually worth it.

Install all of the above + cruise log for Cryotune.

Do all this without making my wife mad / stressed because I have been gone most of the week for work.

what wrap and what bling tape are you using?

other than rotating around a large, awkward DP, i found wrapping to go pretty quick and easy. stock headers were different cause there are so many odd features and shapes. alot of little pieces used to fill gaps in final wrap. never had a fray issue on either though. finished with SS bands (metal zip ties).

the downside to wrap is that it does the opposite of what you want if/when it gets wet, say on a rainy day of driving. stock-like heatshields really are the best for the real world.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

DEI TI and DEI reflect-a-gold (because I have it). With my skid plate + OEM undertray I don't think a lot of water will get in to the engine bay. Plus, the HVAC tape will help protect the wrap from water. When / if the Tomei header cracks I'll make the decision then if this was smart. I don't want to lose the spool by running it unwrapped.

I think it was because I was pulling 50 feet through there (didn't cut it to length at first because I didn't know how much I needed). It's taking me about 20 minutes a tube (primary?)

http://i.imgur.com/dzQZFoG.jpg?2

This is a 4-2-1 and I am probably going to cheat on the 2 and just wrap them together. But we will see.

Weekend plan:

Finish wrapping tomei headers - it sucks, Ill probably start cheating soon. Used a 50' section and the wrap starting looking real ratty by the time I got to the end of it.

Decide how I want to wrap the up-pipe. I also have an up-pipe blanket, so I might do both.

Hunt at home depot for thickest HVAC tape I can find to cover the wrap. I have seen a few people do this on NASIOC and will help with my fears about the wrap tuning into a wick if I ever get an oil leak. The adhesive burns off but apparently it stays on.

Bling tape certain sections of my new Grimmspeed intercooler. Probably just the bottom of it above the turbo. Been wanting one for years, just never bought one. It is significantly heavier than I expected. Bought the uncoated one (silver) because it was really hard to find any evidence that the coating is actually worth it.

Install all of the above + cruise log for Cryotune.

Do all this without making my wife mad / stressed because I have been gone most of the week for work.

Glad to supply you with that beautiful GS TMIC and looking forward to working with you yet again.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks Dave!

About to start the installation of the GS TMIC.

The up-pipe / some of the uelh / 02 sensor was such a pain to remove. I couldn't remove the 02 sensor because the up-pipe bolt was in the way. I couldn't remove the up-pipe bolt because the 02 sensor was in the way.

Enough yanking on the up-pipe / part of the OEM uelh gave me enough room to access to up-pipe bolt from the back. I had to use a 3 foot long breaker bar to get the 02 sensor off.

On the way back in something to do with the airpump (I think - it was a hardline to a block off plate), was getting in the way of the up-pipe connection to turbo. More just forcing to get it all to fit.

Now everything has to go back on and then the GS intercooler.

About to start the installation of the GS TMIC.

The up-pipe / some of the uelh / 02 sensor was such a pain to remove. I couldn't remove the 02 sensor because the up-pipe bolt was in the way. I couldn't remove the up-pipe bolt because the 02 sensor was in the way.

Enough yanking on the up-pipe / part of the OEM uelh gave me enough room to access to up-pipe bolt from the back. I had to use a 3 foot long breaker bar to get the 02 sensor off.

On the way back in something to do with the airpump (I think - it was a hardline to a block off plate), was getting in the way of the up-pipe connection to turbo. More just forcing to get it all to fit.

Now everything has to go back on and then the GS intercooler.

I thought i had the same year obxt, but i have no idea what you mean. ;)

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Which part :D

Here is the picture of this part

http://i.imgur.com/E3gCzUn.jpg?2

GS intercooler is nice, but the installation really sucks for two reasons.

1. Throttle body hose. Where it connects to the throttle body is impossible to get to.

2. GS throttle body hose. I think if you use heat (hot water or shed) to form it first to the intercooler it helps. I didn't.

And just because here is my header "wrapped" I was going to wrap the slip joint once it was on. But, I ran out of wrap. Each primary is wrapped individually, but I guess I over used the DEI TI, because 100 feet of 1 inch wrap was not enough. It smells awful. I found the most heavy duty HVAC tape I could, which honestly wasn't at all. I really don't expect it to stay on.

http://i.imgur.com/OK0CaLk.jpg

And my Tactrix died, (mini-usb broke off inside it) so re-tune for the header / TMIC is on hold until I get it fixed.

Which part :D

Here is the picture of this part

http://i.imgur.com/E3gCzUn.jpg?2

GS intercooler is nice, but the installation really sucks for two reasons.

1. Throttle body hose. Where it connects to the throttle body is impossible to get to.

2. GS throttle body hose. I think if you use heat (hot water or shed) to form it first to the intercooler it helps. I didn't.

And just because here is my header "wrapped" I was going to wrap the slip joint once it was on. But, I ran out of wrap. Each primary is wrapped individually, but I guess I over used the DEI TI, because 100 feet of 1 inch wrap was not enough. It smells awful. I found the most heavy duty HVAC tape I could, which honestly wasn't at all. I really don't expect it to stay on.

http://i.imgur.com/OK0CaLk.jpg

And my Tactrix died, (mini-usb broke off inside it) so re-tune for the header / TMIC is on hold until I get it fixed.

You're going to be fine. It's my understanding that the wraps effect is marginal.

500mi, break-in oil change. 500 more miles until boosted redline shifts again.

Quickest R&R I've ever seen. Did you have barrels of cash and a slow shop laying around? :lol:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Quickest R&R I've ever seen. Did you have barrels of cash and a slow shop laying around? :lol:

Cash on hand certainly helps as well as a good shop with people who care about their customers.

Also, from purchase of the IAG block to delivery was something like 6 days! All the head work and ceramic coating timelines lined up perfectly as well that we were never really held up by parts/3rd party work.

Edit: Not saying that shops that take longer don't care, but the owner took time out of his day off/Saturday to get a jumpstart on disassembly to allow things to proceed as quickly as possible with the following Monday being a holiday.

Drove it Sunday the way it is build for :dm:

sigh. I so miss the snow and doing stuff like that.

Turned 125,000 miles on the way home from Portland. Dom1.5xtr felt great although I might need to replace my front wheel bearing assemblies soon.

The Timken brand is good. Although make sure it is really a front and not a rear wheel bearing. I mistakenly changed a front wheel bearing not long ago, only to find out the problem was in the rear.

The Timken brand is good. Although make sure it is really a front and not a rear wheel bearing. I mistakenly changed a front wheel bearing not long ago, only to find out the problem was in the rear.

I replaced the rears when I added the SpecB trailing arms, so I am pretty sure the fronts are the originals.

2015 rack and torque solutions dampener went in today. Felt too stiff at first which we think is from the dampener but I am quickly getting used to it and I think I like the stiffness. Strangly the impression of the mod feels like the suspension is far more planted and the engine and transmission feel more tightly connected. It also feels like the clutch is tighter. It doesnt make sense but thats how it feels and this is one of those mods you definately feel.

I'm so jealous off all you steering rack-swapped peoples! That's high up on my list, but I need a new FPR, sways, and wheels for my Dunlops first. :( I'm going to be using the radium engineering FPR setup, with their new drybreak couplers, and that aint cheap!

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived