LegacyGT.com

Rhitter's Build Thread

But then again, OutbackXT05 as well as CruiseMobile2 run the +20 XXR 18x8.75s...

OutbackXT05

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4726412&postcount=1314

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5074842&postcount=1902

I ran a 255/40/18 on my outback with 18x8.75 and i still had some room on the inside.

"they are XXR 527 wheels and they are 18x8.75 +20 offset and if I remember reading correctly he had to hack, cut and roll the fender lips to keep them from rubbing like crazy."

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5078744&postcount=1906

The wheels I actually ran were xxr 530 18x8.75 and i believe 33 or 35 offset. Had to cut the metal fender and cut the plastic flare on the inside to clear the 255's

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare is still Outback height. So he is tall! I wasted so many hours looking though posts trying to figure out what I want.

I think I have decided that I want performance over looks. So, I want it to look good, maybe just not perfect if I get better performance out of a different tire / offset.

245/40/18s are 4% different (speedos I guess have 2% error built into them, so many only 2% different) and look much easier to fit with 18x8.5et40(ish). Also, a lot more options available in that size. 255/40/18 is closer to the stock Outback size (much closer to 235/45/18)

Goals

1. Fits with my Bilstein HDs

2.Performs awesome

3. Looks good

I just keep going around in circles and can never make a decision. When I see your 18x8+35, it doesn't look flush enough for me. But at my height, it might be okay.

Rattsl ran the same tires Famaya had and then went to same size 255/35 when he got new tires that aren't Bariums. :lol:

Looking at the screenshot from willtheyfit posted by Rhitters strut clearance shouldn't be an issue with the wider wheels. Definitely would need about 1.5* camber to help them fit a little better but really nothing too bad.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

It's the lower spring mount that's the issue. Not the strut. With my 225/55/17's I have about a pinky.

Although Danteneon (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/neon-guys-outback-193257.html) fit 18x8.5s et 45 245/45/18s On HDs. So I should be good. He is on HDs + Stock Spec.B springs and looks higher than I do. I wonder if my JDM Spec.B springs have some amount of lowering....

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/danteomni/Car%20Pics/OBK/IMAG0266_zpsf7b07d27.jpg

FutureFicus

18x8.75 245/45/18 - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/09-obxt-dbm-photo-journal-206005.html

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160210/8d2f8b4446898754cf36f6978af8f00c.jpg

I'd say it's nearly 100% flush maybe with a very slight hint of poke at the front, I'd say flush enough. I'll try get you some close up photos. Also, I think the slightest of poke would be determined with the tire brand and camber settings.

So, that makes me think 255 might be too flush for me. I want a little flatter alignment to keep the contact patch on the ground at that wide. I am actually really surprised that 18x8.5et45 245/45/18 fit though. Without the KCA124 kit I am not sure that that would fit. My tires have already worn through the rear fender liner.

Edited by Rhitter

Nightmare is still Outback height. So he is tall! I wasted so many hours looking though posts trying to figure out what I want.

I think I have decided that I want performance over looks. So, I want it to look good, maybe just not perfect if I get better performance out of a different tire / offset.

245/40/18s are 4% different (speedos I guess have 2% error built into them, so many only 2% different) and look much easier to fit with 18x8.5et40(ish). Also, a lot more options available in that size. 255/40/18 is closer to the stock Outback size (much closer to 235/45/18)

Goals

1. Fits with my Bilstein HDs

2.Performs awesome

3. Looks good

I just keep going around in circles and can never make a decision. When I see your 18x8+35, it doesn't look flush enough for me. But at my height, it might be okay.

They are 18x8 +40 in the front, and I am running a 5mm spacer in the rear. 18x9 +40 seems like the ideal to me for front fitment, with the option of running +5mm spacer in the rear again. I found a set of 18x9 +42s that I like, but we owe taxes this year, and that clutch thing is going to squash that for awhile. I don't think the +35 is the issue, I think it's the tire on that wheel. My hunch is the 255 needs a 9.5 to stretch it, to clear. But I don't think you want to stretch it that much. Might be worth it to look into getting one used 255/40/18 when you get the wheels, to try it on the front and back corners.

Rattsl ran the same tires Famaya had and then went to same size 255/35 when he got new tires that aren't Bariums. :lol:

Looking at the screenshot from willtheyfit posted by Rhitters strut clearance shouldn't be an issue with the wider wheels. Definitely would need about 1.5* camber to help them fit a little better but really nothing too bad.

huh, really? They look more stretched than 255, to me.

you guys are funny.

We all have such different goals for the same thing. I'll admit, as far as my wallet is concerned, i'm glad i've somehow missed the boat with autox and #FlushLife.

I did just install 3mm rear spacers to save further rubbing on liner.

@rebourne, what did you get for a spacer? mine weren't quite what i wanted. didn't fit and rough around the edges (figuratively and literally...). And stock studs? how many rotations do you have with your nuts?

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

We're all arm chair quarterbacking, and none of us pulling the trigger. :lol:

KICS Wheel Spacers 5mm Twin Pack Universal. Not hub centric, but no sharp edged, clean casting/milling.

didn't count turns, seemed like plenty to me. I've seen others proclaim a required minimum, but I never seem to remember what that is when I am swapping wheels. I have the 5mms on with the stock rear wheels right now, too.

Interesting, I never came across Danteneon's thread. I love the melted bumper action.

Pinks arrived! Grueling journey from SoCal

Front: ST2033021010 Rear: ST2038021020

I will probably just install the fronts. At least for the summer. At some point, I'll throw on the rears and see if I like them over the KSRS-29.

http://i.imgur.com/3DCsX28.jpg

Edited by Rhitter

I think you should put all four at the same time.

Also, different topic. Did you see the latest video of the Ascent concept? You might want to consider that car for your family since I recall you're looking for a larger vehicle. 2.4 turbo flat 4 engine baby :)

I think you should put all four at the same time.

I really don't want to get another alignment pr to play the spacer game (I have a 1/2inch and 1 inch spacer).... I might just hold onto them for awhile until I get the KTA124 and do the fender work required for my next alignment.

Ascent looks good. Although, sort of similar to a Highlander....just larger.

Edited by Rhitter

Ascent looks good. Although, sort of similar to a Highlander....just larger.

But, turbooooo and probably can get tuned down the road. So I am guessing a bit more fun to drive. It won't be an OBXT or wrx by any means though, that's for sure.

But, turbooooo and probably can get tuned down the road. So I am guessing a bit more fun to drive. It won't be an OBXT or wrx by any means though, that's for sure.

Things that make a car fun for me

1. Steering feel

2. Handling

3. Power

Things 7 passenger SUVs lack

1. Steering feel

2. Handling

3. okay-ish power

I think they are turboing the 2.4 to try and match it up to the V6s that every other car in the segment has. So at the end of the day you will probably end up with same power, but much worse gas mileage (with tuning for down the road).

Now if they had done a turbo H6, that would be something to be excited about. The Ford Flex has a turbo v6 that is supposedly pretty good.

Debating starting my clutch swap this weekend. I see 5ish hours as a rough estimate. I assume it will take me 10 or so. Just need to watch a few more youtube videos and actually read the manual on how to do it.

Edit: Just saw my wife's face. Guess she has a had a rough week / last few days our son. I should probably take primary responsibility for him for the weekend.

Edited by Rhitter

Things that make a car fun for me

1. Steering feel

2. Handling

3. Power

Things 7 passenger SUVs lack

1. Steering feel

2. Handling

3. okay-ish power

I think they are turboing the 2.4 to try and match it up to the V6s that every other car in the segment has. So at the end of the day you will probably end up with same power, but much worse gas mileage (with tuning for down the road).

Now if they had done a turbo H6, that would be something to be excited about. The Ford Flex has a turbo v6 that is supposedly pretty good.

Sure. But I feel that this engine should have a pretty good potential in power increase with a tune and some mods.

And don't forget, that car will have the tried and true subaru AWD system. So that is awesome I think.

Edit: Just saw my wife's face. Guess she has a had a rough week / last few days our son. I should probably take primary responsibility for him for the weekend.

That is the way to go IMHO. Clutch can always wait a bit. Good job dad :).

Is that the biggest box Yakima offers? If so that gives me hope I can steal my parents box when I need added space!

And @xt2005bonbon he doesn't just have a dog. He has 2 big super loving dogs! I kinda wanted to steal them when I helped with his water pump.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Nothing for scale, but the white one is 70 pounds and the black one is 50 pounds. Stroller fits fine with 50 pound dog. Not so much with both of them. I can figure it out though.

http://i.imgur.com/elZg7ly.jpg?1

Really got it for road trips etc. With the dogs in the back I don't have much space to put luggage anymore.

The stroller was a bridal shower gift luckily. So, it was free :D. It works really really well for fire roads and the bumpy sidewalks and hills around my neighborhood. It is ridiculously sized though. Especially when I see Rebourne getting by with an Evo and twins :D

It's the Yakima Skybox 16. They make a 12 (longer), 18, and 21. So this one is solidly in the middle. I still need to push it forward to give my rear hatch the most clearance.

Edited by Rhitter

$400 roof box to carry my $400 stroller. Also my lifetime warranty tint is starting to get bubbles. If only I had kept the receipt....

Same here with my tint, the original company that installed it 11 yrs ago is now out of business. Damnit!

My wife's balls are delicious.

I rented a car a week or so ago. I didn't want to sit in traffic for hours with my dying clutch. They gave me a 2017 Camaro. What struck me the most about it, is how much stiffer the chassis felt.

Made me look into what can I do to stiffen my car

Conventional wisdom is that strut tower braces do nothing for these cars, however, I read a view statements from trusted members (UncleMat, etc that said they noticed a difference. And from a from a purely feel perspective, the whole front my my car is tighter.

http://i.imgur.com/G48TMMB.jpg

Next up will be one of these

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9BoAAOSw5VZXAxyl/s-l500.jpg

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/invisible-rear-strut-tower-bar-installed-101330.html courtesy of Australia

And I'll start looking into the Cusco power brances:

I really should save my money for new wheels and tires though.....

Edited by Rhitter

I noticed a difference too and am a big proponent of strut bars. The common counter argument says the firewall is stiff enough. In reality the strut towers are hanging out there without any triangulation, by adding a strut bar your creating a triangle that reinforces that whole area.

I also believe strut bars reduce frond windshield stress crackage. My 2012 outback has been through at least 2 windshields before me. I added a strut bar to it and just replaced the windshield late last year. We'll see if the windshield lasts longer now.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I rented a car a week or so ago. I didn't want to sit in traffic for hours with my dying clutch. They gave me a 2017 Camaro. What struck me the most about it, is how much stiffer the chassis felt.

Made me look into what can I do to stiffen my car

Conventional wisdom is that strut tower braces do nothing for these cars, however, I read a view statements from trusted members (UncleMat, etc that said they noticed a difference. And from a from a purely feel perspective, the whole front my my car is tighter.

Is that a specific brand of bar, or ebay special?