LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope and I wouldn't have any idea what I was doing anyways, I am not very experienced with computers so I would be able to plug it in and that's about it. I figured someone would have helped me step by step, but no one has. It may seem easy for you guys to do something like this, but I have never done it before so I will need help. If not we will be waiting until November unless someone else with the original downpipe logs theirs. Have you guys made sure your downpipes were installed correctly, and the ones who haven't installed theirs should make sure it's clocked the right way so it's not hitting anything? You can't just throw it on and tighten it, it needs to be at a certain angle just like the rest of the exhaust.

Fischbach, do you have a windows tablet/laptop, or a Cobb AP? If you have any of those and the right OBDII connector you can run a log pretty easily. Once you get it plugged in its basically clicking to start and stop data collection. If you want, let me know what you have to work with and I can try and help fill in some blanks.

Fischbach, do you have a windows tablet/laptop, or a Cobb AP? If you have any of those and the right OBDII connector you can run a log pretty easily. Once you get it plugged in its basically clicking to start and stop data collection. If you want, let me know what you have to work with and I can try and help fill in some blanks.

He does not have an AP that much I gathered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Nope and I wouldn't have any idea what I was doing anyways, I am not very experienced with computers so I would be able to plug it in and that's about it. I figured someone would have helped me step by step, but no one has. It may seem easy for you guys to do something like this, but I have never done it before so I will need help. If not we will be waiting until November unless someone else with the original downpipe logs theirs. Have you guys made sure your downpipes were installed correctly, and the ones who haven't installed theirs should make sure it's clocked the right way so it's not hitting anything? You can't just throw it on and tighten it, it needs to be at a certain angle just like the rest of the exhaust.

Someone with RomRaider knowledge get this guy a step by step. I'm sure it can't be more than 5 or 8 steps once the program is installed.

Someone with RomRaider knowledge get this guy a step by step. I'm sure it can't be more than 5 or 8 steps once the program is installed.

To log is pretty easy, basically plug in Tactrix, open RomRaider, link the ECM, open logging window and select the parameters to log, and then log or something like that.

The biggest obstacle for me was getting the RomRaider installed and properly working. I remember it taking me 2 hours, maybe it was just my old XP laptop, but I must have read the ROM Raider installation page 100x. IIRC I had an issue with the files not being in the correct directory (This was almost 4 years ago). I am Electrical Engineer, so I am not a complete computer idiot.

Email por favor! I just made a bandicam recording of the install/config. I will send you the necessary files as well. You will need to contact Nameless finding out what they want logged exactly though

Edited by monstorr

Romraider won't download on my wife's computer.....even after updating everything that needed to..... I absolutely hate technology some times

I haven't used RomRaider and haven't really messed with logging a whole lot, but I'd like to think I'm half-decent with computers. If you have some directions and still need a hand, let me know and we can find some time on a weekend or evening.

I upgraded my wife's laptop to the latest Java, and it goes to install and it still tells me I need to upgrade my java..... So I did again and it got me to a install prompt and then tells me I need to upgrade my java lol. So we are up to date on Java and it still won't install??

You need to install 32bit Java, even if you have a 64bit machine ;)
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

okay go to your control panel>programs and features and uninstall any type of java installs your see. From there, restart and reinstall. Once freshly installed, it should be shown in Programs and Features as Java 8 Update 101.

If only you lived near MD, I would just give you one of my laptops or log with you lol.

But what is the angle though? There aren't any install directions with the dp or even pictures unless I'm mistaken.

We're just under the assumption that we drop the old and bolt up the new. If there really is a specific angle we need to use has anyone seen it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

But what is the angle though? There aren't any install directions with the dp or even pictures unless I'm mistaken.

We're just under the assumption that we drop the old and bolt up the new. If there really is a specific angle we need to use has anyone seen it?

What is meant by that is to push the DP all the way forward before tightening the bolts. I did this and it didn't help. The solution was deform the dump pipe with a hammer enough to make clearance.

I'm tired of Nameless repeating those instructions over and over as if we're a bunch of idiots that are just installing this thing wrong. It's pretty obvious when installing that things are awful tight in there and you need to push it as far forward as possible. Not only that but some of us have fought with this thing for a year. In that time every thing that can be done has been done. And sadly, even after making clearance for the flapper, it will still overboost in some cases.