LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

I had a turbosmart kompact on the racerx charge pipe, and was having a lot of boost fluctuation and low boost. Now with the stock one on it is steady but low. I will have to reinstall the cp and ts one and try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone hasn't been paying attention to Fl's posts in other threads. :lol:

In my defense, I replied to this one first before I got to the one where he was talking about his BPV and there's still a few threads I haven't caught back up on since my east coast trip. But... I think it's better to have this info here anyway since we're trying to guard against overboosting with this install.

In my defense, I replied to this one first before I got to the one where he was talking about his BPV and there's still a few threads I haven't caught back up on since my east coast trip. But... I think it's better to have this info here anyway since we're trying to guard against overboosting with this install.

Overboosting is definitely not a problem for me...yet lol.

None whatsoever, from what I can tell from my logs the boost is being controlled pretty well. Definitely not creeping, I did a short 4th gear pull last night on I4 and the boost topped out around 14 psi and then tapered off.

Fwiw, I am on the stock intermediate pipe and axleback with about 70k miles on my car and the down pipe has made a big difference in the upper rpm range. It pulls harder than before in 3rd and 4th at lower boost levels. So when I get the tune going I am sure I will be suffering through frequent gas station stops, lol.

You have to have some kind of leak somewhere. Even on my stage 1 tune for 91 octane I was at 16PSI. If you are topping out at 14 and have fluctuation then something is hinky. If you can I would put the rx back on and then smoke test it. I am sure your tuner will help as well. Good Luck

Soooo...I have some good news and bad news....... Nameless contacted me to come in and get everything situated....bad news is that I will be in the Dominican Republic when they are free. With my 2 kids starting school and soccer 5 days a week my free time is next to none. I hope that we can meet up on a weekend or something because during the week isn't going to work anymore. So we are still in business we just need to magically find free time for both parties

You have to have some kind of leak somewhere. Even on my stage 1 tune for 91 octane I was at 16PSI. If you are topping out at 14 and have fluctuation then something is hinky. If you can I would put the rx back on and then smoke test it. I am sure your tuner will help as well. Good Luck

Tuning alliance just sold me a Grimm speed ebcs and told me to keep the stock bpv it has not been an issue in their experience. I don't think I have a leak anymore, mainly because boost is building right up until the wgdc changes then it starts tapering. Check my log a page or two back. Compared to the previous from a few days ago.

Bbpeik, I think the tune is inducing early wastegate cycling to keep boost levels down, and since I have the stock y and axlebacks it may be enough resistance in the exhaust to keep the turbine speed under control.

Edited by FLlegacy

Soooo...I have some good news and bad news....... Nameless contacted me to come in and get everything situated....bad news is that I will be in the Dominican Republic when they are free. With my 2 kids starting school and soccer 5 days a week my free time is next to none. I hope that we can meet up on a weekend or something because during the week isn't going to work anymore. So we are still in business we just need to magically find free time for both parties

I'm assuming there's a specific reason for using your car, either because they're familiar with it already or want to compare against the original downpipe design.

If you guys can't align with each other this year, I'm still planning to have Nameless install my exhaust (same as yours, if I recall - TBE with 5" mufflers + '15 WRX BPV) sometime in January.

I'm assuming there's a specific reason for using your car, either because they're familiar with it already or want to compare against the original downpipe design.

My guess is that since Fischbach is already tuned, and working fine, with the full Nameless TBE (original design DP), that they are going to put one of the revised GB DPs on, with his current tune, to see if logs show anything different in the way of uncontrollable boost. That way they have a direct comparision on a single tune. If they find an overboost issue, they will likely try to tune it out, and that's either going to tell them A) they can't tune around their redesign and it's jacked, and we were right, or B) there is no issue, it's tuneable without compromising power, and X and Y are what we need to do make it work properly. Introducing a different car without a direct comparison to the old and new designs of the downpipe, will provide only muddy conclusions.

Edited by GTEASER

or B) there is no issue, it's tuneable, and X and Y are what we need to do make it work properly.

If Fischbach's car needs to be de-tuned a bit to be safe with the revised downpipe, I'll still view that as a disappointment at best.

Bbpeik, I think the tune is inducing early wastegate cycling to keep boost levels down, and since I have the stock y and axlebacks it may be enough resistance in the exhaust to keep the turbine speed under control.

Sorry, I missed the second set of logs. I will take a look.

...I think that I've found found a local shop that does wastegate porting so I think I'll be going that route. I do wish this worked out a little differently though. Can anyone confirm that the AVO catback will bolt up to the Nameless dp? I think like some others here I have some reservations going with the rest of the system...we'll see. Edited by Syndicate

It will bolt up to a 3" catback.

You have already dropped $700 for the part might as well give it a shot, better than not even trying and losing money on it altogether for nothing.

Edited by FLlegacy

If you guys can't align with each other this year, I'm still planning to have Nameless install my exhaust (same as yours, if I recall - TBE with 5" mufflers + '15 WRX BPV) sometime in January.

Yes they built everything from/on my car so it's patient zero ha ha

Update number 2, I will be dropping off my car before I go to vacation. So we all will find out the results together I guess ha ha! So its a done deal and the end is near

really appreciate everything you're doing to hopefully figure out what the issue is with the production version of the Nameless DP

That's great news. I skimmed through the thread and might've missed it but do they already have a revised DP for the test? I was thinking that they should use one that is confirmed to overboost rather than use a fresh one, It would suck to go through all this and have the issue not come up during their tests. If nobody else has, I can volunteer to send mine since its not on the car and its confirmed to overboost.

That's great news. I skimmed through the thread and might've missed it but do they already have a revised DP for the test? I was thinking that they should use one that is confirmed to overboost rather than use a fresh one, It would suck to go through all this and have the issue not come up during their tests. If nobody else has, I can volunteer to send mine since its not on the car and its confirmed to overboost.

They built a few extra ones to keep on-hand for stock when they did the group buy, so they'll probably end up testing a brand new downpipe. While all of the revised downpipes were built the same way, they are handcrafted so there are going to be some small differences for any given downpipe.

Hope you have fun in the DR! My brother just got married over there a few weeks ago in Punta Cana.

Back on topic: Im happy I didn't impulse buy the DP like I was going to. Now to wait and see if I make a $1700 purchase with them, or a $0 purchase.

Do people really have issues with the mosquitos down there? Its not Minnesota afterwards... I've been down there twice in the last few years, and never had an issue with bugs of any sort.

There is a small outbreak of cases in the New York area due to travel to the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. As well as cases in south Florida.