LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe Nameless did mention that they made a small adjustment in the design when the group buy started. But, they didn't say what it was, and they assured us that it wouldn't affect the performance of the part.

Incorrect, which can be verified by reading through the thread here. They did not acknowledge the difference at first (despite answering OTHER questions that were posted) and when pushed on the issue said it was a slight cosmetic difference and then further stated that they have seen good results with the design.

Incorrect, which can be verified by reading through the thread here. They did not acknowledge the difference at first (despite answering OTHER questions that were posted) and when pushed on the issue said it was a slight cosmetic difference and then further stated that they have seen good results with the design.

Right. They answered the question within 5 days of the group buy starting, which lasted a month. That seems pretty reasonable to me. But I understand the rustled jimmies for rest of that.

...I'm in no rush, building Rome and all, but I am a bit disappointed in the issues that everyone seems to be experiencing and the response from Nameless even w/their busy schedule. Hopefully this gets resolved, but I plan on getting my turbo ported regardless so hopefully that will resolve the issue even if a resolution from Nameless is offered. The only other viable dp option imo is the AVO and from the build threads I've read creep was still an issue there as well. Guess I'm just trying to be calm about the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
How has yours been? Im ready to pull the trigger on one honestly. I rather a nameless pipe than an invidia.

I think you should definitely wait for the results. if there good, buy one. if they are bad, hopefully they fix it, then you buy one. if it bad and they just drop the product buy one cheap off here from someone who's dieing to sell it.

How has yours been? Im ready to pull the trigger on one honestly. I rather a nameless pipe than an invidia.

Let me reiterate I am on an otherwise stock exhaust...mine has been great but I am also awaiting new developments before taking it any further like axlebacks or a complete rear exhaust. Lots of pull in 3rd and 4th, I have not really given it the beans in 1st and 2nd. Mainly because my TOB is squeaking like a chipmunk.

I will say one spirited night at the track I did a long pull in up into 5th and the clutch was not a happy camper, the pull was good and the boost was steady around 14-15 psi if memory serves.

Sometimes I get to 20.45 in 2nd/3rd but that is as high as it gets.

Sometimes I get to 20.45 in 2nd/3rd but that is as high as it gets.

That puts you a half psi away from overboost. I bet you would given the right conditions like low temps or a long pull in a high gear. And as you know, changing the exhaust will only make it more likely.

Nothing really new for me to report since the last map revision but it hasn't gotten that cold yet. I put my foot in it on a ~40 degree night in 3rd starting at about 3k RPM. I was watching boost with the torque app and boost shot up so fast it probably would have hit boost cut if I hadn't of backed off. I'm not confident in this setup at all as temps continue to drop.

I'm beginning to accept that this is just as good as it can be.

I have a brand new Invidia that was given to me with the car, it already has the invidia catback installed. I will definitely stay with this one after reading through this!

Post a video Pat! I'm trying to pull the trigger but the YouTube videos don't do them justice, and I still haven't seen another LGT in Pa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That puts you a half psi away from overboost. I bet you would given the right conditions like low temps or a long pull in a high gear. And as you know, changing the exhaust will only make it more likely.

Except that my WGDC has plenty of headway still to keep boost under control, this was just where TA deemed the tune good at. I can go full throttle in 5th and never break 16 psi or so.

Except that my WGDC has plenty of headway still to keep boost under control, this was just where TA deemed the tune good at. I can go full throttle in 5th and never break 16 psi or so.

The 91OCT OTS Cobb tune has a max boost target of 16 psi. While I'm sure it's safe, how is that a good tune for stage 2?

Because no overboost, and my motor is still in one piece...one of those pet peeves of mine. And delivery is smooth not explosive. And gears 1 through 4 are not topped at 16 psi, but I'm sure you were aware of that, since I pointed it out in my previous post. I can hit 20 psi in 1 through 3, around 18 in 4 and from then on it tapers down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Because no overboost, and my motor is still in one piece...one of those pet peeves of mine. And delivery is smooth not explosive. And gears 1 through 4 are not topped at 16 psi, but I'm sure you were aware of that, since I pointed it out in my previous post. I can hit 20 psi in 1 through 3, around 18 in 4 and from then on it tapers down.

are you saying the cobb OTS tune is boost by gear?

are you saying the cobb OTS tune is boost by gear?

I think it is. What I am saying though, is my tune allows only 16 psi or there abouts in 5th and 6th. The cobb ots 91 tune has a 16.5 psi boost limit so gears 2, 3, and 4 at most should top out to 16.5. Mine goes up to 20 psi in those same gears.

So its finally November, I'm not a gambling man but I'd put my money on them coming up with some other BS excuse to not have to deal with this.

I think we're still waiting on Fischbach's car to log changes and work with his tuner. I can't be certain, as I haven't heard any new info in a while.