LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

I'm tired of Nameless repeating those instructions over and over as if we're a bunch of idiots that are just installing this thing wrong. It's pretty obvious when installing that things are awful tight in there and you need to push it as far forward as possible. Not only that but some of us have fought with this thing for a year. In that time every thing that can be done has been done. And sadly, even after making clearance for the flapper, it will still overboost in some cases.

I totally agree. I hate to just stoke the flames but its been about a year now since we started receiving these pipes, and the fact that nameless hasn't made this a bigger priority and keeps putting us on the back-burner is honestly really insulting and annoying. I'm definitely over nameless and their products. They need to stop pussy footing around and just offer refunds to the people who want them already.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Same here. When I buy exhaust it will be the OBX or Nvidia's turbo back because well they simply work. I was really hopeful that this NP DP worked out but the way they have done you guys definitely made this guy plan to spend his money elsewhere. Hate to say it but we all gotta accept the fact that they could give a sh*t less about the 25 or so 5th gen legacy GT's with their useless DP and really only care about the mainstream cars because that's there main source of income. It's obvious the few grand they made in profit and loss of reputation in our community is nothing to them.

If you are determined to get it working, do like I did. Use the stock y pipe and mufflers. When I decide to take it further I will also swap the turbine housing with a ported one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It would have to be married but he said borrow so I assumed it would be from someone like Gteaser who doesn't really use it and could unmarry it for the duration.

What???!!!!

Surely he could borrow one local to him.

Ok so the good news is that Monstorr held my hand step by step and helped me get romraider installed, bad news is the wife has the car ha ha! A huge shoutout to Richard!! I will try and get some logs tonight and post them to Facebook, because it's easier to post pictures there

^ Same here. When I buy exhaust it will be the OBX or Nvidia's turbo back because well they simply work. I was really hopeful that this NP DP worked out but the way they have done you guys definitely made this guy plan to spend his money elsewhere. Hate to say it but we all gotta accept the fact that they could give a sh*t less about the 25 or so 5th gen legacy GT's with their useless DP and really only care about the mainstream cars because that's there main source of income. It's obvious the few grand they made in profit and loss of reputation in our community is nothing to them.

You mention the OBX TBE. Remember the downpipe is catless, so make sure you can pass emissions and you will need a tune to remove the codes. The AVO does have a cat, so it may not suffer the same codes, but I was told that the cat in the downpipe is not as efficient. I put a cat on the resonator nearest the motor. Still got a code yesterday, but exhaust doesn't stink.

You could by the OBX and get an AVO catted downpipe and sell you uncatted OBX downpipe

You mention the OBX TBE. Remember the downpipe is catless, so make sure you can pass emissions and you will need a tune to remove the codes. The AVO does have a cat, so it may not suffer the same codes, but I was told that the cat in the downpipe is not as efficient. I put a cat on the resonator nearest the motor. Still got a code yesterday, but exhaust doesn't stink.

You could by the OBX and get an AVO catted downpipe and sell you uncatted OBX downpipe

No inspections required here in TN. If I have to go with a catted DP I would probably get an Invidia one. As for codes yes I know a tune is in order and more than just an OTS map will probably be needed to keep the codes at bay for more then a month or so. Even with a custom tune the codes still happen from time to time on both catted and catless systems.

OCT 12, 2016 | 11:22AM PDT

Steven Redd replied:

We are working on the issue as Ryan told everyone in the forums. We need to figure this out before we can do anything.

Continually sending hate emails isn't cool either. We get it you guys are frustrated. We are all car enthusiasts man. We are trying to figure out what is going on its not like we are sitting here on our thumbs. This takes time. It just doesnt happen over night especially with how busy we are at the shop and how half the staff is away at racing events. This also includes English racing the people who tuned Ryans cars. They are extremely busy as well. The season just ended so now everyone will be here and have time to get this sorted. Please hold tight we will get ahold of you all once we figure this out.

I guess it just sucks that they haven't said as much either in this thread or in the GB thread to assuage our fears.

Seconded. I'm not interested in sob stories about "hate mail" I'm interested in results. At the very least Nameless should be posting here directly instead of us hearing secondhand through people contacting them. I guarantee there is phone service wherever these guys are off racing and it takes all of 30 seconds to logon to the site and post "hey guys, we know you're frustrated, we're hoping to be able to test this around October blah blah blah" - this game of telephone makes the situation look worse on Nameless' side.

Once again I'm going to ask, where are the "good results" that Nameless claimed they received with this design? While additional testing that is being planned in this thread is certainly welcome/needed, why don't we have information from the testing already done? Original Post

I think it goes back to how aware they were there was a problem at all. An email or two and then no follow up isn't an indicator of a serious issue.

And a little understanding from a forum whose car is so rare is warranted, they don't exactly have a car at their disposal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk