LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

Do people really have issues with the mosquitos down there? Its not Minnesota afterwards... I've been down there twice in the last few years, and never had an issue with bugs of any sort.

Any area along the gulf coast has issues with mosquitoes. And if there is an area that doesn't, someone let me know ASAP. I hate those mfers

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any area with heat, water, and animals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Oregon has plenty of that, but for whatever reason I haven't really noticed mosquitoes around here. New England, though... man. You can't spend a nice 70 degree afternoon without being turned into a buffet for buzzing bugs.

Edited by Ellesedil

On topic! My boost still isn't any higher, still climbs progressively through 1 2 3 then tops out around 15 psi. Got my 1st revision installed this morning. No apparent concern from TA so I will get some logs done tonight and send them in.

On topic! My boost still isn't any higher, still climbs progressively through 1 2 3 then tops out around 15 psi. Got my 1st revision installed this morning. No apparent concern from TA so I will get some logs done tonight and send them in.

remind me what OCT are you running again?

As far as I know you are. I can not recall hearing anyone else say they kept stock after the DP. I kept stock after my DP for the same overboost concerns even though I have a different DP and have had no problems. I also must say I enjoy my car being quiet with the stock mufflers.

That makes me want to go get some MagnaFlows put on...lol. Need moooorrreee booossstt!

Edit- sent my latest logs in still disappointing numbers and feel...I asked Mike at TA about it so I can at least get the feeling of where he stands on it. I may try to put my turbo shields back on tomorrow since today was a bust, had to work :( .

Edited by FLlegacy

Well, gents Mike sent me another tune and told me to give it a pull and holy moley, I hit 17.96 psi in 3rd. And what a glorious pull it was, lol. I checked the logs and he dialed up the wastegate duty cycle a bit, so it looks like everything is working properly its just some jitters on my part. If I hear differently back from him I will post it up.

Deep down yes, but my immediate concern was seeing red and blue ahead of or behind me. I will have to log a full 3rd gear pull, but it still looked like I was limited in 1st and 2nd so I will let that play out, I am just relieved right now!

I ran my nameless dp with stock midpipe but had nameless axel backs

But hits 24psi only half throttle, now I'm running catless invidia with nameless cat back n target boost 19.5 and in wot will only creep to 20.5 which is acceptable.

I just can't wait to hear back on what nameless finds with the revised dp

I have a paper weight of 700 bucks I want to return

I think any creep at all indicates the wastegate is getting out flowed. Like you can see in my logs the wastegate is controlling boost every step without creep. That is worth more than a bit of noise.

FWIW My turboxs DP is boost creeping a bit as well, still getting the tune dialed in some maps it does and some it doesn't. The difference I've noticed is that its much more controllable. Like Haruachi said with the nameless anything more than 1/4 throttle and it shot to 20+ psi. Thinking about looking into getting the wastegate ported as well, if anyone knows a good shop in the northern VA area that will do it let me know. I haven't found any shops that are willing.

I have a spare turbo that needs some tlc, it would be great for a rebuild or upgrade...loaded up my next revision and was hitting 20 psi...wgdc is up around 64% compared to a previous 44% so my system is definitely working correctly.

To me creep means climbing pressure regardless of wgdc or boost target.

Also pulled my turbo down today to get my shields back in place, only took me about an hour to get it down and total about 4 hours.

Look what I found!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/05865d9ef874760c5206c31da23b3766.jpg

And fixed!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/f60150b5a961d97a0645305b33aa7805.jpg

I thought I heard a chatter at low rpm sometimes I assume that was it.

Edited by FLlegacy

Yes jojorios Oem studs on 3 sides and I had to reuse one of the studs off the exhaust pipe to replace a damaged stud on the flange. And I will add even with the flapper contacting the pipe I wasn't even close to creeping, now if I was to go with some high flow mufflers I can't say I would be in a different predicament. It is something I will be sure to ask Mike when my tune is done.

Edited by FLlegacy